June 4, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

June 4, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:51 am

Your Place

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."
John 14:2

There was a 5-year-old African-American boy who will never be forgotten by those who knew him. A nurse, Gracie Schaeffler, took care of this lad during the latter days of his life. He was dying of lung cancer, which is a terrifying disease in its final stages. The lungs fill with fluid, and the patient is unable to breathe. It is terribly claustrophobic, especially for a small child.
This little boy had a Christian mother who loved him and stayed by his side through the long ordeal. She cradled him on her lap and talked softly about the Lord. Instinctively, the woman was preparing her son for the final hours to come. Gracie told me that she entered his room one day as death approached, and she heard this lad talking about hearing bells. "The bells are ringing, Mommie," he said. "I can hear them."

Gracie thought he was hallucinating because he was already slipping away. She left and returned a few minutes later and again heard him talking about hearing bells ringing. The nurse said to his mother, 'I'm sure you know your baby is hearing things that aren't there. He is hallucinating because of the sickness."

The mother pulled her son closer to her chest, smiled and said, "No, Miss Schaeffler. He is not hallucinating. I told him when he was frightened -- when he couldn't breathe -- if he would listen carefully, he could hear the bells of heaven ringing for him. That is what he's been talking about all day."

That precious child died on his mother's lap later that evening, and he was still talking about the bells of heaven when the angels came to take him.

Prayer: Thank God for that place He has been preparing for us.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
~C.S. Lewis

Dear Friends:

Just to let you know that this will be the last Daily Devotion that I will be posting to the site. My church work has demanded more and more of my attention recently and it has become harder to find the time to get these together. I appreciate everyone who has stopped by on a daily basis and for your encouragement over the past few years. My continued prayers are with you and again, thank you for being a part of CAA and the Daily Devotions.

Rev. Doc
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:39 pm

We will miss them! :(
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Zilch » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:09 pm

Aye, I'll miss 'em also. Good luck with your church though, and God bless for the times you uplifted me. It's been no small thing, I can assure you that.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Jingo Jaden » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:51 pm

Bye Rev, thanks for all of your great help :)
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Kamille » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:26 am

Many members have told me that you were the one who made CAA flyers for Animazement this year. I thank you so much. I would have never found this great community if it were not for you.
"Lives are power." - Kamille Bidan
"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" - Christ the Lord (John 11:25-26)

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4.

Remember - the Lord will be with you - always. :)
Kamille

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:43 am

I'll be sorry not to read your inspiring devotionals any more Rev. Doc. I've read several of them and to be honest yours are far better than many I've read online and in tracts like Our Daily Bread (and even a quote from C.S.). I'll be praying for God to give you the strength to meet the challenges of being a pastor, and thanks again for your thoughtful stories.
USSRGirl

Postby rocklobster » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Your devotionals were quite inspiring. We definitely need a replacement soon!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:18 pm

I would suggest Ashley take over.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mave » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:01 am

I wish you all the best in wherever God leads you. Thank you for your contribution to our spiritual growth! :)
Mave

Postby SP1 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:03 pm

Thank you so much for doing these. I must admit I have totally stole these to use in some of those "I need a devotional right now" moments. Of course, said where I got them. Unfortunately, that particular audience wasn't likely to cruise an anime site and check it out.
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby PSA374 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 am

God bless you in your servicework Rev. Doc
I thank God for people like you who also contributed to the CAA.
God bless you in all aspects of your life.

To God be the glory,
PSA374
"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." - Psalm 37:4

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." - Jeremiah 29:11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13

PSA374

Postby Tsuki » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Thank~you
98% of the teenage population are my slaves if you are one of the 2% who aren't run and hide or copy and paste this in your signature
cotaputa^^
Tsuki

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:08 am

Gotta make sure people see this instead of those stupid spambots all the time. This section of the forums is sure getting them a lot lately.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:00 am

It's happening again.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:18 pm

rocklobster wrote:It's happening again.

And again.... Bump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:53 pm

bump

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mave » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:10 pm

*joins in bumping*

I posted in the Comment section about this.
Mave

Postby K. Ayato » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:03 am

Bump

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:13 pm

And again.

K. Ayato

Return to Devotional Readings