May 18 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 18 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Fri May 18, 2007 6:38 am

It All Adds Up

"The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Romans 5:20-21

We often fail to consider the gradual, cumulative effect of sin in our lives. In Saint Louis in 1984, an unemployed cleaning woman noticed a few bees buzzing around the attic of her home. Since there were only a few, she made no effort to deal with them. Over the summer the bees continued to fly in and out the attic vent while the woman remained unconcerned, unaware of the growing city of bees. The whole attic became a hive, and the ceiling of the second- floor bedroom finally caved in under the weight of hundreds of pounds of honey and thousands of angry bees. While the woman escaped serious injury, she was unable to repair the damage of her accumulated neglect.

Prayer: Thank God for His grace and for the strength to overcome sin.

"Whenever I am conscious of Satan's presence, I try to follow the formula once offered by a little girl: 'When Satan knocks, I just send Christ to the door.'"
~Billy Graham
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings