May 8, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

May 8, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue May 08, 2007 4:13 am

Defying The Limitations

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:13

During his first year of graduate study at the University of California at Berkeley, George B. Dantzig (later known as the father of linear programming) arrived late for a statistics class. He saw two problems on the blackboard. Assuming they were homework, he copied them and a few days later turned in his solutions. One Sunday morning six weeks afterward, the professor appeared at Dantzig's door, waving a manuscript. It turned out that the professor had merely written two examples of unsolvable problems on the blackboard. The manuscript was Dantzig's work readied for publication.

Prayer: Ask God for the strength to do everything, from the smallest to the largest task you face.

Leave me as I am, the one who gives me strength to endure the fire will also give me strength to stay quite still on the pyre., even without the precaution of your nails.... For eighty and six years I have been his servant, and he has done me no wrong, and how can I blaspheme my King who saved me?
~Polycarp (69-155 AD) Last words, at the time of his martyrdom.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings