April 19, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 19, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:01 pm

His Real Purpose

"Jesus said to him, 'Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.'"
Luke 19:9-10

The idea of hell and judgment are nowhere to be found in Betty Eadie's bestseller, Embraced By The Light, on the N.Y. Times bestseller list for more than 40 weeks, including 5 weeks as #1. In November 1973 Eadie allegedly died after undergoing a hysterectomy, and returned five hours later with the secrets of heaven revealed by Jesus]. Eadie says that Jesus "never wanted to do or say anything that would offend me" while she visited heaven. Indeed, Jesus seems to be relegated to the role of a happy tour guide in heaven, not the Savior of the world who died on the cross.

Prayer: Ask the Lord to help you to always remember Christ as Savior.

"God is none other than the Saviour of our wretchedness. So we can only know God well by knowing our iniquities...Those who have known God without knowing their wretchedness have not glorified Him, but have glorified themselves."
~Blaise Pascal
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:39 am

Well, it's a good thing we're there for Eternity in Heaven. That seems like a very loooooooooong tour. ;)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Devotional Readings