April 9, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 9, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:17 am

Affirmation

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
I Thessalonians 5:11

Recently my wife and I sat charmed at an outdoor performance by young Suzuki violin students. After the concert, an instructor spoke briefly on how children as young as two, three and four years old are taught to play violin. The first thing the children learn, he said, is a proper stance. And the second thing the children learn--even before they pick up the violin--is how to take a bow. "If the children just play the violin and stop, people may forget to show their appreciation," the instructor said. "But when the children bow, the audience invariably applauds. And applause is the best motivator we've found to make children feel good about performing and want to do it well."

Adults love applause too. Being affirmed makes us feel wonderful.

Prayer: Ask God to show you ways to affirm those around you.

"Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen."
~Peter Marshall
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings