April 3, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 3, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:05 am

The Great Pleasure Of Life

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
Psalm 16:6-7

There was a farmer who bought a brand new pair of boots. However, the boots turned out to be a tad too tight. The bootmaker offered to stretch them so they would fit.

"You'll not stretch these boots an inch!", insisted the man. "You see, I start every morning before sunrise checking on some ornery cows that have knocked down a fence or caused some other trouble. Then I go to town and listen to all of the people complain about this and that. Then I come home to hear my wife tell me what chores I haven't gotten done around the house. When I get ready for bed and I take off those tight boots....Well, some days that's the only pleasure I have!"

What is it that gives you pleasure at the end of the day? Perhaps it's going home to a warm and cozy house. A lazy-boy recliner and TV remote? A comfortable bed? Perhaps it's going home to a loving family, a spouse and children who love you unconditionally. There's nothing like the little arms of your children around your neck to help you know the meaning of pleasure.

But as much pleasure as these things bring, our greatest pleasure is in our relationship to the Father.

Prayer: Ask the Lord to help you realize the pleasure you find in Him, even when all else tires you.

"Where others see but the dawn coming over the hill, I see the soul of God shouting for joy."
~William Blake
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby RedMage » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:21 pm

Good to have you back, Rev.
"Intercession is the homework of the Kingdom."
RedMage

Postby rocklobster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:29 pm

Hey, a quote from William Blake! One of my favorite poets! :jump:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Devotional Readings