February 20, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

February 20, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:33 am

Drawing A Line

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
I Corinthians 10:13

Joel Vicente writes:
When I was a child, my father, on leave from World War II, took my sister and me to the Liverpool dock yards to see the merchant ships that brought us food.

"Brave men have risked their lives to bring us this precious cargo," he told us. I noticed a line painted around each vessel.

"What’s that for?" I asked.

"To show the people loading the ship how much it’s made to carry," he said. "If they put too much on, the line disappears below the water. The boat will sink. If they put too little inside, it won’t be full enough to do what it was made to do. Each boat is made by its builder to carry just the right amount."

God has painted a water line in our lives… He will not give too much to bear… but would allow “too muchâ€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings