February 13, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

February 13, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:42 am

Making Your Life Count

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."
Ephesians 4:1

As the body of David Livingstone, celebrated missionary doctor to Africa, was carried through the streets of London on its way to a final resting place in Westminster Abbey, thousands of people the world over mourned his passing. One man in particular wept openly.

A friend gently consoled him, asking if he had known Livingstone personally. "I weep not for Livingstone, but for myself," the man said. "He lived and died for something. I have lived for nothing."

Livingstone's life motto was this: "I will place no value on anything I have or possess, except in its relationship to the kingdom of God."

Prayer: Ask God to lead you on paths that will glorify Him in your life.

"Sometimes we don't need another chance to express how we feel or to ask someone to understand our situation. Sometimes we just need a firm kick in the pants. An unsmiling expectation that if we mean all these wonderful things we talk about and sing about, then lets see something to prove it."
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:51 am

Hooah! That's a good one. :thumb:
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Devotional Readings