January 30, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 30, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Everything We Need

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."
2 Peter 1:3

Dan Morrison shares:

Recently my wife and I flew to Jackson Wyoming. Our flight was with Delta Airlines. A few months before we boarded the plane we had received in our packet ‘everything’ we needed to make the flight. The day arrived for the trip and when we arrived at the airport in Columbia, South Carolina, Delta had provided someone to ‘check our baggage. We were able to board the plane and fly north because Delta had provided everything we needed to get to Cincinnati. It was here that we had to change direction but that was ok because, yes Delta had provided everything we needed to change directions and planes. Now we are flying west and we encounter turbulence and storms. We were ok. Why? Because Delta had provided everything we needed, a plane that could withstand the elements and a pilot that knew how to get us through it. Well we arrived at Salt Lake and you guessed it we had to change direction again and also another flight. Will we ever get to Jackson? You are right again, even though we had gone through turbulence and change direction and changed planes, Delta was on the job and we got to Jackson.

When we received our ticket, we received everything we need not only for salvation but also for life. My problem: Trusting Him with the flight. We may change direction several times and encounter much turbulence but He has given us everything we need for the trip. And what is that gift? Himself. He gave His life for me to give His life to me, so He could live His life through me.

Prayer: Thank God for all His provisions for you in life.

"Each of us may be sure that if God sends us on stony paths He will provide us with strong shoes, and He will not send us out on any journey for which He does not equip us well."
~Alexander MacLaren
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:24 am

Hooah! :thumb:
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Devotional Readings