January 18, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 18, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:43 am

Lazy Is As Lazy Does

"The sluggard buries his hand in the dish; he is too lazy to bring it back to his mouth."
Proverbs 26:15

Sheer laziness has probably been responsible for more shortcuts, not to mention valuable inventions, than we are ready to admit. Most of us are continually on the lookout, at least subconsciously, for easier ways to perform onerous or routine tasks.

An example of imagination spurred on by outright lethargy is contained in the story of an old mountaineer and his wife who were sitting in front of the fireplace one evening just whiling away the time.

After a long silence, the wife said: "Jed, I think it's raining. Get up and look outside and see."

The old mountaineer continued to gaze into the fire for a second, sighed, then said, "Aw, Ma, why don't we just call in the dog and see if he's wet."

Prayer: Ask God for the daily energy to get the things done that need to be done.

"Some people would do anything to be able to do nothing."
~Frank Tyger
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby rocklobster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:09 am

Remember everyone: Dig the well BEFORE you get thirsty!
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Return to Devotional Readings