January 17, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 17, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:44 am

Being Spot On

"The Lord abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight."
Proverbs 11:1

Time technicians at the National Institute of Standards & Technology (Formerly the National Bureau of Standards) set a new level of precision in 1949 by inventing the atomic clock. It counted the oscillations of the nitrogen atom in an ammonia molecule--and was reliable to within one second in three years. More recently, NIST switched to an atomic clock based on the vibrations of cesium atoms. It will need 300,000 years to gain or lose a single second. But NIST scientists are working on a still-better model: a single mercury ion will be trapped in a vacuum by laser beams and cooled to its lowest possible energy level. The atom's oscillations will then be so stable that the new timepiece should be accurate to within one second in 10 billion years--the total life span of stars similar to our sun.

Can we be as spot on with all our dealings with others? Remember, the Lord hates dishonesty.

Prayer: Ask God to help your live reflect how He would have you deal with others.

"If honest of heart and uprightness before God were lacking or if I did not patiently wait on God for instruction, or if I preferred the counsel of my fellow-men to the declarations of the Word of God, I made great mistakes."
~George Muller
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings