January 15, 2007

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

January 15, 2007

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:17 am

Live With Joy

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:11-13

Fanny Crosby was blind since six weeks old and saw her sickness as a gift from God. “O what a happy soul I am! Although I cannot see, I am resolved that in this world contented I will be. How many blessings I enjoy that other people don’t! To weep and sigh because I’m blind, I cannot and I won’t.â€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby rocklobster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:21 am

That reminds me of a famous quote:
"I hated my shoes, until I saw a man with no feet."
At least, I think that's how it went.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:42 am

Rev. Doc wrote:Fanny Crosby was blind since six weeks old and saw her sickness as a gift from God.

Fanny Crosby was BLIND?!? I never knew that. FC is an amazing hymn writer, and reading this made me cry. (Arguably) her most famous hymn takes on a whole new meaning:

To God be the glory - great things He hath done]But purer and higher and greater will be our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see![/b]

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice! Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice! O come to the Father thro' Jesus the Son, and give Him the glory - great things he hath done.
Mithrandir

Return to Devotional Readings