December 7, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

December 7, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:45 am

The Only Lasting Peace

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

A true story:
A retired couple was alarmed by the threat of nuclear war so they undertook a serious study of all the inhabited places on the globe. Their goal was to determine where in the world would be the place to be least likely affected by a war, a place of ultimate security.
They studied and traveled, traveled and studied. Finally they found the place - an island. And on Christmas they sent their pastor a card from their new home - in the Falkland Islands.

However, history tells us their so-called "paradise" was soon turned into a war zone by Britain and Argentina.

True, lasting peace does not come in a place, it comes in a person, Jesus, The Prince Of Peace.

Prayer: Ask God to help you experience true peace through His Son Jesus.

"Peace does not dwell in outward things, but within the soul; we may preserve it in the midst of bitterest pain, if our will remains firm and submissive. Peace in this life springs from acquiescence to, not in exemption from, suffering."
~Francois Fenelon
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings