October 30, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

October 30, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:32 pm

Nurturing

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."
Matthew 2:7

Once upon a time there was a little grape stem. This stem was so glad to be alive...She drank water and minerals from the soil and grew and grew. She was young and strong and could manage quite well...All by Herself.

But then, the wind was cruel, the rain was harsh, the snow was not one bit understanding, and the little grape stem suffered. She drooped, weak and suffering.

It would be so easy to stop trying to grow, to stop trying to live. And the grape stem felt poor! The winter was long, and the stem was weary.

But then the little grape stem heard a voice. It was another grape stem calling out to her…“Here, reach out...hang on to me.â€
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Puguni » Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:41 pm

I love this story! It's so adorable! Thanks for this story!

Btw, posted this a day early, ne? ^^
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Sun.Ice » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:21 pm

Aww that's cute. Good lesson also.
[SIGPIC]http://www.animegalleries.net/av_cache/1210985522.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Sun.Ice

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:27 am

Puguni wrote:IBtw, posted this a day early, ne? ^^

Well, my best intentions are always to have the next day's devotion up the night before as there are some that like to have it for their morning quiet time. Unfortunately, there are times life happens and I'm not able to do that. In the case of late devotions I try to have them up as soon in the morning as possible.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings