October 23, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

October 23, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:49 am

Remember Your Wealth

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19

Hetty Green died in 1916 and left an estate with an estimated value of $100 Million Dollars(not pesos and not 1960 but 1916). Hetty regularly ate cold oatmeal because it cost too much to heat it. Her son had his leg amputated because she took so long to get him adequate care because she was looking for a free clinic. Hetty died in the midst of an argument over milk, she argued that skim was best because it was the cheapest. She was wealthy but she lived like a pauper. She never enjoyed nor benefited from the riches that were hers.

There was a man who lived on the West Coast of America living in poverty until one day he found out that he was the only living heir to a British Nobleman. What do you think this guy did when he found out? Went to the clothing store and bought the best suit he could find, bought a 1st class ticket to London and returned to England in style! He believed what he had been told was true and he began to act upon it.

Which illustration best describes your spiritual life?

Prayer: Thank God for His provisions for your life.

"I have now disposed of all my property to my family. There is one thing more I wish I could give them and that is faith in Jesus Christ. If they had that and I had not given them a single shilling, they would have been rich; and if they had not that, and I had given them all the world, they would be poor indeed."
~Patrick Henry
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings