October 13, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

October 13, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 pm

Victory In Jesus

"But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
I Corinthians 15:57

The story is told of a former world chess champion player who was taken by a friend to see a picture which had been hung in a famous art gallery, and which had attracted much interest. The artist had portrayed a young man sitting despairingly at a chessboard, while opposite him sat the devil with a look of malicious triumph on his face. The title of the picture was a single expressive word: "Checkmated". For a long time the champion player stood before the picture, his brow furrowed by concentration. Suddenly his voice rang out in the art gallery: "Bring me a chessboard. I can save him yet!" Sure enough, the mastermind had discovered the way out. And just as surely Christ can give victory to the person who will trust him implicitly. Naturally speaking, there may not seem to be a way out, but never limit God for he’s the supply of our comfort.

Prayer: Thank the Lord that He provided a way for your salvation.

"There's much more for me included in Christ's salvation than merely a paid ticket to heaven. There is victory over present circumstances if I am willing to accept it."
~Matilda Nordtvedt
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings