July 24, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

July 24, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 pm

Making The Most Of Life

"You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Each man's life is but a breath. Selah"
Psalm 39:5

Joseph Mazzella writes:

Several day ago I was playing fetch with our big Saint Bernard dog, Buddy. I was tossing a ball down the hallway of our home and watching with delight while Buddy chased it down and brought it back. Just as I was throwing the ball for the third time, however, our littlest dog, Julie raced by me with Buddy’s favorite stuffed animal in her mouth. Poor Buddy didn’t know what to do. He started to go after his ball and then turned to get his stuffed animal from Julie and then turned again to get the ball. In the end, he just sat on the floor unable to decide or act.

I think that sometimes a lot of us end up like my big, confused dog when it comes to living our lives. We spend half of our time, energy, and thoughts regretting the mistakes we have made in our past and we spend the other half of our time, energy, and thoughts worrying about the future. In the end, we too find ourselves just sitting on the floor unable to live today.

Prayer: Ask God to help you take every advantage to live life to it's fullest for Him.

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."
~Richard L. Evans
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings