July 21, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

July 21, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:47 pm

Recognizing The Master

"He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him."
John 1:10

An organist was practicing one day in a great church in Europe. A man came up to the organ and asked if he could play. The organist looked at him and thought to himself. I shouldn’t let this man play, just look at him, he is unshaven, his clothes are soiled, he looks like a bum. So he told the man no. But the unkempt stranger asked again and again. Finally the organist let him play thinking he couldn’t play very long, for what does a bum know about organs. The bums fingers danced over the keyboard in a way the organist hadn’t heard in his lifetime. The stranger played on and on. The organist was spellbound. When the stranger got up to leave, the organist could not contain himself and shouted, "Who are you, what is your name?" As the stranger, who looked like a bum slowly walked away, turned over his shoulder and said, "My name is Felix Mendelsohn." The organist gasped. He said to himself, " I almost did not let the master play."

Prayer: Ask God to allow you to be spiritually attentive to recognize Him at work in this world.

"You ask then how I knew He was present, when His ways can in no way be traced? He is life and power, and as soon as He enters in, He awakens my slumbering soul; He stirs and soothes and pierces my heart, for before it was hard as stone, and diseased."
~Bernard of Clairvaux
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby kaze » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:27 pm

Thanks!
This is something I could really pray about a lot more, and try to pay attention to.
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Return to Devotional Readings