June 22, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

June 22, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:24 am

Heaven

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
Matthew 13:44

Calvin Miller writes:

I once led a man to Christ who loved the sunny country of common sense, but he could not put up with the mysteries of godliness. He kept shoving common sense at me, while I kept trying to show him that the mysteries held the meaning of faith. One day he said, "Pastor, you know this new eternal life I have -- well, I've been thinking about it. What are we going to do all day long for eternity?"
"We'll praise the Lord," I said.
"Forever - for ten million years! --we're going to stand around and praise the Lord?"
"Well, yes," I said, although heaven was beginning to sound like cable television.
"For millions and millions of years?" he said. "Couldn't we just stop now and then and mess around a while?"
I kidded him about his "dumb questions," but I have to admit similar questions of my own at times. How meager our understanding of praise -- and heaven!

Prayer: Ask God to help you focus on eternity with Him.

"I have not told half of what I saw."
~Marco Polo
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Return to Devotional Readings