June 21, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

June 21, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Never Give Up

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Psalm 23:4-6

At times we allow bad circumstances to distance us from God.

A farmer went into his banker and announced that he had bad news and good news. "First, the bad news...""Well," said the farmer, "I can't make my mortgage payments. And that crop loan I've taken out for the past 10 years -- I can't pay that off, either. Not only that, I won't be able to pay you the couple of hundred thousand I still have outstanding on my tractors and other equipment. So I'm going to have to give up the farm and turn it all over to you for whatever you can salvage out of it. "Silence prevailed for a minute and then the banker said ,"What's the good news?" "The good news is that I'm going to keep on banking with you," said the farmer.

We should keep on with God, no matter what happens.

Prayer: Ask God to help you stay focused on His goodness, not your circumstances.

"I may no longer depend on pleasant impulses to bring me before the Lord. I must rather respond to principles I know to be right, whether I feel them to be enjoyable or not."
~Jim Elliot
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Angel37 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:09 pm

That's medicine for my wound, Doc. Thank you!
Angel37

Return to Devotional Readings