June 8, 2006

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

June 8, 2006

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:31 am

To All Who Believe

"They replied, 'Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household."
Acts 16:31

It takes more than just a good life to be a Christian. There were two farmers who had a talk about Christianity. One of them said to his friend, "I hear that you're a Christian."
"That's right," the other replied.
"Well, what does it mean to be a Christian?" the curious farmer asked.
"Well, I don't drink, smoke, or run around with women."
"In that case," the friend responded, "my mule must be a Christian too, because my mule doesn't drink, smoke, or run around with women!"

Christianity is achieved by placing your trust in God's Son, Jesus Christ.

Prayer: Thank God for His gift of redemption through His Son.

"If we give our whole life to God, holding nothing back He will give His whole life to us, holding nothing back."
~Sam Haney
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Linksquest » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:35 am

Such a true message. Thank you, Rev. Doc.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Return to Devotional Readings