August 25, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

August 25, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:55 am

Is It Really That Important?

"One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, 'Of all the commandments, which is the most important?' 'The most important one,' answered Jesus, ' is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these.'"
Mark 12:28-31

We have the tendency at times to see things and activities as having greater importance than our relationships.

Surprised to see an empty seat at the Super Bowl stadium, a diehard fan remarked about it to a woman sitting nearby. "It was my husband's," the woman explained, "But he died." "I'm very sorry," said the man. "Yet I'm really surprised that another relative, or friend, didn't jump at the chance to take the seat reserved for him." "Beats me," she said. "They all insisted on going to the funeral."

Prayer: Ask God to help you always keep your eyes on your relationships with others and Him rather than the pleasures of this world.

"People who matter are most aware that everyone else does too."
~Malcolm S. Forbes
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:28 pm

:lol: My statistics lecturer told that exact same story (but it was the lady that died, not the husband) in our class just last week.

And, although it's kinda funny, thanks for pointing out the serious side to it. We shouldn't let anything get in the way of our relationship with Him.
Hephzibah

Postby Yokuo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:32 am

That's a sad story. But the significance is great. Don't let anything get between you and Him.
If you ever need someone to talk to, or to pray for you, or to disciple you, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Wow... I haven't been on here in like 2 years o_O

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
My rose is silver, instead of red!
Yokuo

Return to Devotional Readings