August 11, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

August 11, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:24 pm

The Power To Change

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12

God's Word continues to change the lives of those around us.

Robert Rosett was born October 15, 1953 in Queens, New York City. His family was culturally Jewish, but atheistic in their beliefs. As a teenager, Robert felt a spiritual emptiness, which he sought to fill through yoga, Zen, drugs and the occult. After graduating from high school, he enrolled in Queens College in New York majoring in music. One summer, Robert and his girlfriend from college moved to Berkeley, California. For the next two years, Robert found himself in a downward spiral of adultery, lies, drugs and tobacco addiction. Meanwhile, his girlfriend found the Lord.

Angered at Robert's self-destructiveness, she threw a New Testament at Robert and yelled: "Read this!"

He did and as Robert remembers: "It was like being hit with a brick. The righteousness I was trying so desperately (yet unsuccessfully) to produce had been offered to me as a free gift! As I continued to read, I fell in love with Jesus, but my journey was far from over." It took another two years, but as Robert searched the Scriptures the Lord led him to salvation on October 18, 1977. From there the Lord has led Robert to medical school and he now ministers to migrant workers and shares his Christian faith.

Prayer: Ask the Lord to guide you to opportunities of sharing His Word with those around you.

"One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed."
~Leonard Ravenhill
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Shadowchild » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:37 pm

o.o
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:39 pm

Thank you, Rev. Doc. :)

"One of these days some simple soul will pick up the Book of God, read it, and believe it. Then the rest of us will be embarrassed."
~Leonard Ravenhill

I find this quote interesting for some reason, if I understand it correctly....bah it was something I wanted to say but I can't seem to word it right. The quote makes me think of some people who are obedient and are open to the discipline/correction God sends them. However, there are some people (including believers) who are stubborn when it comes to being more obedient to the will of God, unwilling to change where change is needed.
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Return to Devotional Readings