April 5, 2005

Devotional guides to help strengthen your walk in Christ

April 5, 2005

Postby Rev. Doc » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:56 pm

Hope Throughout Life

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure."
I John 3:2-3

A man approached a little league baseball game one afternoon. He asked a boy in the dugout what the score was.

The boy responded, "Eighteen to nothing--we're behind."*

"Boy," said the spectator, "I'll bet you're discouraged."*

"Why should I be discouraged?" replied the little boy. "We haven't even gotten up to bat yet!"

Sometimes in our lives we might feel like we are still in the first inning and yet still so far behind. However, we have Scriptural assurance that no matter what we face or no matter how insurmountable the odds may seem, we have hope that in the end we shall be like him.

Prayer: Ask God to help you to continue to lean upon His promises of hope for your life regardless of what you face.

"There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them."
~Clare Boothe Luce
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Azier the Swordsman » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:30 am

Doc's back! :jump:

*great post btw*
Azier the Swordsman

Return to Devotional Readings