Summer 2017 Anime!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Summer 2017 Anime!

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 pm

Can't believe the summer season is here, but is.

Once again, I'm just going to link to MAL's list of the summer season, rather than trying to describe it myself.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/season/2017/summer

I see some continuations and sequels this season, but also some new stuff. What looks good to everyone else?

Me, I'm kind of curious about Tsurezure Children, but I don't know anything about the source material.
Mouse2010

Re: Summer 2017 Anime!

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:41 pm

Plan to watch:

* Owarimonogatari 2nd Season - Because Monogatari, of course! ;) And anyway, if the last couple of seasons (and the way the overall story is going) are any indication, this is gonna be epic.
* THE REFLECTION - There's two things going on here that made this a PTW for me. The first thing is that I'm a pretty massive fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and one of this show's two creators is Stan Lee. Even more importantly, however, the second thing is that the *second* creator (who also happens to be the director) of this show is the same guy who was the director of Mushishi, which I think pretty much everyone will agree is one of the best anime of all time (in no small part due to its direction). So, logically, there should definitely be a better-than-50/50-chance that THE REFLECTION is gonna be great. Now, obviously, I'm going to keep my expectations measured just out of practicality; but judging by that staff, this is likely a pretty solid bet.

Oh, and I've got the Tsurezure Children and Welcome To The Ballroom manga in my PTR list, but I haven't started them yet, so can't comment on their goodness except to say that I've heard they are. :)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!