Any Good Anime Sites?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Any Good Anime Sites?

Postby BlazingFire30 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:51 pm

So, im pretty new to anime and ive only watched one series so far and working on my second, and right now im pretty much limited to netflix. So i was wondering if anyone knew some good anime sites, and, if there even is any, a free to watch site. Thanks :)
"Why y'all scared to be different?" -Lecrae
"Some think we're kinda crazy, I think I'd have to agree, but that's the only way i wanna be" -Capital Kings
BlazingFire30

Re: Any Good Anime Sites?

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:48 am

Crunchyroll has a good selection, and most importantly is legal. Free with ads. (I'm a premium member because I watch anime exclusively. I'm one of those kinds of people.) It specializes in subbed anime.

Funimation's streaming service has free stuff as well, though I don't use them very often. They specialize in dubs. (Probably why I don't use them, since i prefer subs.) Oh, they are also legal.

I would discourage any illegal sites, even if they host something rare. On principle, but also because they tend to become virus hubs. Among other things.

*edit: when I say, "legal" I'm more specifically meaning the site got proper permission to display the content, indicating the people responsible for creating the content are getting paid for their work in some way. Also, legal sites generate revenue off of their reputations, which is a strong motivational factor to keep malware out of their product.
Last edited by Rusty Claymore on Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty Claymore

Postby IPv4 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:15 am

I suggest using chruncyroll + chrome + the adblock plugin = free + legal + no ads (its not illegal to watch streams, but its not exactly ethical and you may get viruses or spyware)

(you can get virus from any site, not just illegal ones)
IPv4

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:37 am

To add to Rusty Claymore, I'd also suggest Hulu (which, despite the changes, still has a few anime you can watch for free), Yahoo View which is completely free, and I think Crackle has a couple. Viz Media also has a streamer, neon alley, which hosts some of the content that might have been taken of Hulu.
Zeldafan2

Postby shooraijin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:56 am

The administration would politely like to point out that we, too, discourage illegal sites. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews