Has anyone seen Night on the Galactic Railroad?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Has anyone seen Night on the Galactic Railroad?

Postby Sundown » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I stumbled upon this movie by accident and was wondering if it was any good, though quality is arguably subjective.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Re: Has anyone seen Night on the Galactic Railroad?

Postby Kaori » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:21 am

No, I haven't seen it.

But it's a sort of obscure classic film based on a not-at-all obscure classic children's novel by Keiji Miyazawa, and I have only ever heard good things about both of them (despite the simplicity of being a story for children, they offer some thoughtful reflections on life in a way similar to The Little Prince, is what I've heard), so I think if you're interested in watching it you should go for it.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Re: Has anyone seen Night on the Galactic Railroad?

Postby skreyola » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:34 pm

It's one of the best anime movies I've seen.
The quality is a product of its age, and some people have serious problems with the apparent theology, but it's definitely worth a look, even if you have to take it with a few grains of salt.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews