[Spring 2016] Season of Diamonds

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: [Spring 2016] Season of Diamonds

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Ace Attorney episode 4:

Aargh-- why did they make this adaptation so lifeless...? :eyebrow: :shady: (And I don't recall SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mia ever outright spelling out contradictions, either; she just gives you hints... Also, they left out another great contradiction, besides... :shady: *AND* they're leaving out all of Phoenix's awesomely snarky inner comments!! :shake: :forehead: :mutter: Although, Oldbag is about to appear, which should at least make for some good hilarity, if they do it right; but at this point I'm unfortunately not optimistic about that prospect, either...... :shady: ) At this point I'd much rather quit watching this and just replay the (awesome!) games, but I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for the show later on since the fantastic Edgeworth's-past case of game 1 and the even-more-fantastic last case of game 2 (with that AMAZING tension-- again, if it's done right) are still ahead...

Bungou Stray Dogs episode 3:

......Uh, yikes. :pikka: Er, let's just ignore what was going on in the bottom-left corner of the screen at the beginning...... :sweat: :sweat: :?: *Ahem*-- moving on, though, at least the rest of the ep. pretty much made up for that, first with humor that was actually funny, and then with it getting *real* serious, *real* fast...! :pikka: :pikka: :pikka: Seriously, holy crap, that was just brutal. The main baddie is a complete monster. :pikka: (Made for some great fighting, though. :thumb: )

Kiznaiver episode 3:
GeneD wrote:Something about this show irritates me but I can't put my finger on what it is. I think it might be that I'm struggling with suspension of disbelief . . .

^ Heh, I just automatically raise my suspension-of-disbelief tolerance level several orders higher when it's a Trigger show, LOL. It's not really supposed to be all that serious in the first place, after all... :P :grin:

Anyway, as for this ep.: ......WUT...... :pikka: :forehead: ......Ohhh dear. :sweat: Er, well, I suppose it figures that the last member'd be an actual SPOILER: Highlight text to read: hardcore masochist, but even for Trigger that was a bit much... :sweat: :sweat: ('Immoral,' indeed... :forehead: :?: :P ) *Ahem*-- that said, it was pretty amusing to see all those presumed scientists/government people or whatever sitting there and watching/accepting all of that with complete seriousness... :grin: (Also LOL at Tenga. He is totally the best character of the show. :lol: :lol: )

Mayoiga, a.k.a. The Lost Village, episode 4:

Welp, that was a tad confusing... :sweat: (...And LOL, they saw a giant *what*?? :P :grin: :grin: ) Aside from the kinda messy plot here, though, one mildly interesting little detail I did notice was that they haven't actually SPOILER: Highlight text to read: been able to physically *confirm* any deaths yet, despite there already being a few *seeming* ones... also, the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "They might not make it, but they won't die" line-- which, considering the apparent SPOILER: Highlight text to read: death right afterwards, was an extremely odd statement :sweat: -- actually might make sense when taken in context with that little detail... (Otherwise, though, yeah; this is not a great show... :P )

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episode 3:
Hee, why is this show so amusing/adorable? :grin: :hug: I laughed so hard at Tanaka SPOILER: Highlight text to read: actually spelling out the kanji for 'white' with his white pieces, and then Ohta taking a picture of it with his phone :lol: :lol:, as well as the inner/outer personality contrast with the new girl. :grin: And Tanaka's extremely logical (and just plain common-sense) solution to her overdramatic 'problem' was hilariously, perfectly on-point. :lol: :lol: :thumb: And then the warm/cold scene... and the extra-long deadpan pauses... :grin: Oh, and I just about did a spit-take at the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "No, we're steady, like an old couple" line, LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: Now, all that said, I was certainly not expecting SPOILER: Highlight text to read: who Miyano ended up 'confessing' to-- and how emphatic it was, besides, LOL :sweat:-- and due to the pretty-much-non-reactions from the boys I have no idea whether or not that was supposed to be taken 'seriously' or just as SPOILER: Highlight text to read: friendly love, but either way I doubt that it's going to get much more focus, so whatever. :P And, finally: The SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 'Machoco,' oh my gosh! :lol: :lol:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Usakame ep. 2 - I gave it a second episode, and a second chance. No good. Still far too wacky, and I had a hard time... no, actually, I never did figure out what was going on. This show would be 100% better if they slowed it down. I probably still wouldn't pick it up, though. 2/5 --no

HS Fleet ep. 2 - This show is still weird... I'm still willing to keep watching, but they need to explain what in tarnation is happening pretty soon. 3/5
Last edited by skreyola on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Sounds like I am enjoying Mayoiga more than other people? I still feel like it is very much a copy of Lost, with a bus instead of plane and an abandoned village instead of an island. My husband kept joking that the strange sound must be the smoke monster. And "maybe they're all dead and this is Purgatory," we joke from time to time. But it has me hooked, at least in as much as I want to figure out what the heck is going on. I can't see myself giving up on it, even if gets terrible.

Maybe it is too early to ask this, but I'll ask anyway: if you (y'all, the different posters) had to name ONE show that was the must-watch of this season, what would it be, and why?
Mouse2010

Postby skreyola » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

It is pretty early... but the only ones that might fit are Re:ZERO and Joker Game. JG has had a 5/5 episode, and Re:ZERO has a very interesting concept. There are others I wish were as good, but these two are the only ones I'd hazard to call a must-watch of the season.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Okay few episodes into the season, I think I have a good idea of where everything's going.

Except Haifuri. It's really floundering around and needs to progress the plot because it's currently going nowhere fast despite having an interesting 1st ep.

Jojo is great because Jojo.

Flying Witch is super iyashikei and definitely going to be one of my favorites of the season.

Joker Game should be a good watch but has yet to provide a completely solid episode.

Tanaka-kun had a slow first episode but it's picked up so I think this should be decent.

Kiznaiver is going to be that show with really interesting themes that are poorly executed.

Sakamoto for the comedy.

Everything else I'm pretty meh on.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby skreyola » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:53 pm

Wow, I have almost 1000 posts. Probably from these seasonal threads (oh and the voting ones).

Pan de Peace ep. 3 - Pan de Bakery. Despite being almost annoying at moments, this episode left me with warm fuzzies, which felt a little weird. :) 3.85/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 am

Everyone doesn't know what's happening in Haifuri, do they? Except about the ''who is the evil looking lady who shots at them in the 1st episode''
I pretty much know about the plot:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So, after around 100 years Japan started making artificial islands . And they for some reason started
teaching teenagers at High School to be marines and sailing with battleships (probably due to some kind of conscription of young people).
And we see the story of a freshman crew just starting their first marine sailing. But at one time ''the evil looking lady'' started
planning on shooting them with her battleship for no apparent reason (yet). Then she did start shooting them for no apparent reason (yet). The
crew was confused by this and were afraid for a while. At one time Misaki Akeno (the captain) gave permission to shoot her ship
with a dummy shot (a training torpedo, much weaker than live ones) and sunk her ship afterwards. Then the schools thought that
this was a mutiny and were all alarmed of them. At the last episode (episode 3) the schools gave permission to their docks for
the Harekaze (the name of the battleship) to stop in there. Oh and a German girl joined them after the captain saved her. That's it for now.

It gets better: 4.5/5

Pan de Peace episode 3 : still good 4/5

Shansa Sanyou episode 3 : Nishikawa's servants man (creepy...and weird) 3.5/5
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby skreyola » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Joker Game ep. 3 - This show is excellent. I love the attention to detail, the twists, and the characters. 5/5 :)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby John_Smith » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:55 am

Mouse2010 wrote:Maybe it is too early to ask this, but I'll ask anyway: if you (y'all, the different posters) had to name ONE show that was the must-watch of this season, what would it be, and why?

You asked…
Prepare yourselves for a long post about Concrete Revolutio (which has been coming anyhow, but still).

This is definitely my must watch. But I have no how or even if I should try to get other people to watch. I don’t know how many people would even be interested in it. It’s so weird, the first episode is something of a punch in the gut or a slap to the face. After that it gets better, but still.
Its interesting that you mentioned Lost, because I’ve been comparing Concrete Revolutio to Lost in my head (along with Inception). I think Revolutio is more complicated, though it spills on the secrets quicker.

Revolutio isn’t told in a linear fashion. Each episode has a ‘present’ and ‘future’ settings that it switches back and forth between. Here’s the problem: Say you have episode A and episode B… The ‘present’ setting in A might take place after the present in B; and the ‘future’ setting of A might take place after all both of them, but B’s ‘future’ setting might take place in the middle of the two episode's 'present' settings, and/or after A's 'future.'* Also, a SPOILER: Highlight text to read: time traveler shows up, and then lol. Putting it together is like a jigsaw puzzle. But that’s the point. That's why it's interesting. The reason why it still maintains a certain amount of sense is that each episode focuses on a particular character or a particular plot. Therefore... it's almost neither serial nor procedural.

*Be honest: you had to read that at least twice to understand. Imagine how long it took to write and make sure I wasn’t contradicting myself.

The show has mechs, magical girls, aliens, and just about everything they can think of to throw in… but really it’s about Japan trying to find its identity in the 60’s/70’s. The show is one big, giant, colorful, lovely mess. Which is exactly why the subtitle is Superhuman Phantasmagoria.

My only negatives for the show is fanservice (though mostly blink and miss) and that it leans a little heavily on postmodernism. I think. Or rather that’s what everyone else thinks about it. I have some doubts, but I’m not sure. At the very least, it like to show that morals/ideals/justice can be ambiguous and tricky.
Ultimately though, I’m ready to give this 9 or 10 already. (And Earth-chan hasn’t even appeared this season yet!)

And to my episode updates:

Twin Star Exorcists Episode 3: I regret to do this, but alas, dropped. I wouldn't it’s a bad show, but definitely lacking originality. This is probably the highest quality show I’ve dropped. The fact that I’m watching this along side Concrete Revolutio is the final nail on the coffin.
I might replace this with Kiznaiver or flying witch to justify my premium Crunchyroll.

Assassination Classroom S2E14: I thought that was clever on Nagisa’s part. The mere shock of it should have had the intended affect while it also further proved his refusal to believe that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kayano was merely acting the whole time. Of course, as per my endless complaint about the show, rather than taking it throw seriously, they turned it into an unfunny joke. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (Also, it proved that Irina’s lessons actually actually have applicative value!)
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I’m happy someone took a shot at Korosensei during the fallout of a failed assassination. I’m unhappy that it wasn’t one of the students.
I didn’t see that Korosensei was the reaper. Everything else was as expected. I’m thinking that the whole ‘his weakness is in his center, his heart,’ has a double meaning here. Korosensei may have had had a loveless past, but I expect that the next episode will prove that he does have a ‘heart,’ in caring for Kayano’s sister. Will he find himself able to go through with his promise, knowingly killing his students in the process?

And back to Concrete Revolutio...

S2E2: I watched the episode twice again. Which was good, because this series is so crammed packed that I always notice something important the second time. Most notably, that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Aki may have been on a random alien killing spree, but in the process actually saved at least two lives, as both aliens were about to murder someone before she intervened. This means that Kikko’s statement, ‘since their in hiding, they’re evil,’ is not a sound argument, still has a correct conclusion. And hey, a reference I actually recognize: Parasyte! This is me seriously just spilling the plot of the episode because I had to write it down in order to fully process it all:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So Jiro protected Aki from the Bureau, even though he knew she was hunting the fumers, and had a good change of turning on him. Also, of the five pop stars, one is dead, three are on the run, and the lead singer is now dangerously close to supervillain territory (if not already there).

So Rainbow Knight wasn’t a superhuman by the technical standards, but he became a superhuman by his ability to inspire others. Awesome.

“Jiro, you’re obsolete.”
I love that line. I’m really just trying to wrap my head around the difference between how Americans and Japanese would interpret that entire conversation.

No Earth-chan, but we got to see Judas, who looks forty years older and sixty percent cooler.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Even if all of their interactions revolve around Jiro, I enjoyed seeing Emi and Kikko working together. They need more scenes where they actually talk… about something other than Jiro.

Holy Toledo, I just realized that Emi and Kikko are supposed to represent traditional and modern Japan… or at least, those definitions from the 60’s/70’s. Which is why one is a SPOILER: Highlight text to read: yokai, and other a magical girl. Or maybe not. I don't know.
Okay, after thinking about this revelation for a few more minutes, this changes my entire perception of the series, and I have to go rewatch season one.

S2E3: I think this is only the second episode not to include flashbacks and flashforwards, and is definitely the simplest episode yet. Also, by mere chance, I knew everything being referenced because I had previously been reading about Hokkaido and the Olympics.

Okay, those flowers… was that supposed to be satire of some kind? Or just teasing? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: They remind me of pikmin. I find it interesting that they won't even say the word “Ainu.”

Favorite line of this episode: ‘The god that lives under Tokyo is troublesome.’ Definitely a reference to the Olympics coming there in 2020.

This post took way too long to type. I'm confident I scared everyone away from Concrete Revolutio, even though that wasn't my intention.
John_Smith

Postby skreyola » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Crane Game ep. 3 - Still not sure if this is lame or a cult classic. +1 for the rich-kid joke. -1 for reused animation (it made sense with the technique matching the asteroid alteration, but this one didn't match). 3.75/5

Stray Dogs ep. 3 - This episode had some great moments in it, but I just don't think I care to keep watching it. 3/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:04 pm

John_Smith wrote:
. . . (Excellent post) . . .

This post took way too long to type. I'm confident I scared everyone away from Concrete Revolutio, even though that wasn't my intention.

^ Actually, on the contrary-- I'd been hearing great things about the show since the first season aired and thus I'd already put both seasons in my plan-to-watch list, but your post actually made me want to watch it even more (since it's clearly a show that really makes you think while you're watching it, and I tend to *LOVE* those sorts of stories!) :thumb: -- so thank you for taking the time to write it! :)
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Anne-Happy ep. 3 - I really could have done without the silly infatuation stuff. And the board game. And the injuries. And the quiz. Yeah, it was that kind of episode, wasn't it? 2/5

My Hero Academia ep. 2 - Hmm... it was a pretty good episode, except for the language at the beginning. But that was really bad. Not sure if I want to keep watching this show after that. I almost didn't finish the episode. Was that really there, or was it a case of stupid subbers? 3/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:54 pm

My Hero Academia ep. 3 - That was pretty good. If there's no more bad bad language, I might enjoy this show. 4/5

[ETA:] Hey! I hit 1000 and totally wasn't paying attention at all. Thanks for noticing. :)
Last edited by skreyola on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby John_Smith » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:59 pm

skreyola wrote:My Hero Academia ep. 3 - That was pretty good. If there's no more bad bad language, I might enjoy this show. 4/5

Congratulations Mr. 1000.

MangaRocks! wrote:
John_Smith wrote:
. . . (Excellent post) . . .

^ Actually, on the contrary-- I'd been hearing great things about the show since the first season aired and thus I'd already put both seasons in my plan-to-watch list, but your post actually made me want to watch it even more (since it's clearly a show that really makes you think while you're watching it, and I tend to *LOVE* those sorts of stories!) :thumb: -- so thank you for taking the time to write it! :)

Well, thank-you in return, but now I’m afraid I have an unfortunate update to make.

Episode 4 featured nudity. This is a sharp turn from what the series has done before, of which there was only doll nudity at most. And while that was blink and miss, I spent a fair amount of this episode with my browser scrolled down so I could only see the subtitles.

I’m still mulling over whether to watch the rest, but I can't offer the same praise for the show anymore. Even without the nudity, this is the second episode to have a fairly simply plot (with no time skips, flashbacks or anything), which has me wondering if the creators didn't cave to complaints about the show being too complicated, thereby removing what I loved about the series. But the first two episodes of this season were on par with the best from season one... So I just don't know anymore.
...Actually, I never knew. That sums up everything about this series. I love it, but I don't know. :hits_self See, it is more complicated than than Lost!
John_Smith

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:46 pm

Haifuri ep.4 - interesting, but also creepy The creepy part: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: one of the girl seemed possessed by a demon after ships
surrounded the Harekaze, she was thrown overboard by the German girl (that fixed her) and she is fine now.

satan ruining lives again *deep sign* poor Japan

Also - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: something strange is reported happening on the ship after school support ships helped them
4.0/5.0
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby skreyola » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:46 pm

John_Smith wrote:
skreyola wrote:My Hero Academia ep. 3 - That was pretty good. If there's no more bad bad language, I might enjoy this show. 4/5

Congratulations Mr. 1000.

Thank you very much. :)

HS Fleet, AKA HaiFuri ep. 3 - This was a pretty good episode. Still no clarity, but it gives me hope that an explanation will be forthcoming, eventually. 4/5

But what I just read about ep. 4 makes me wonder if I'll drop it after I watch the next episode (I didn't read the spoiler text).
Anime List
skreyola

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun May 01, 2016 7:06 am

Pan de Peace ep. 4 Interesting episode. Things I saw:

Noa-chan's spot on comment about the world: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "The deep darkness that lurks in people's minds. Chaos" ;

Yuu-chan: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: is an assistant manga artist now and she wrote a little script about a love (non-yuri) story.

Nice anime, actually this is more Christian-friendly (for now) than the other Spring
2016 shows I have seen, don't know why they rate it low on myanimelist 4.0/5/0

Waiting for Sansha Sanyou :thumb:

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun May 01, 2016 11:26 am

Sansha Sanyou ep 4 - Fantastic, that is to say at least. I have a final description of the characteristics of the main characters. This show is good (except Hayama).
Here are the things:

Yoko-chan: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: a former rich-girl, wants to be truly a normal one. Nothing particularly bad about her. She likes to eat (not that much as Futaba thou)

Futaba-chan - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: energetic girl. Loves eating and cooking (not a glutton because she is energetic). She is one very normal character.

Hayama-chan - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: demoniacally possessed person. Nice at times, but an overall "I don't trust this person'' type of character.
Honestly she is the only con in the entire anime.

Also: I liked the white pigeon in the episode. It reminded me of the Holy Spirit inside me.

Very good (except Hayama) 4.0/5.0

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby skreyola » Mon May 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Flying Witch ep. 3 - That was funny. A teensy bit mean, but funny. This show is a lot of fun. 5/5
Re:ZERO ep. 3 - Whoa! What just happened? I backed up the video, but I can't see what he saw. There was nothing obvious, like an extra finger. I wonder if it was the gloves, but I doubt that. I think, if Subaru went back to the checkpoint one more time, he could have done better than to have run into Elsa twice and given her all the information about his fighting ability and everything. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon May 02, 2016 6:11 pm

@John_Smith: Thanks for the warning on that unfortunate bit of content. :sweat: I'm still planning on watching it, but at least now I'll know in advance which ep. to be careful with. :)

Ace Attorney episode 5 (...or not :P ):

Gah, I've just been too bored with the last few ep.'s of this unfortunately-lifeless adaptation to watch the newest ep. right now (even despite the promise of Oldbag appearing, LOL). I'll check back in on this once it gets to Edgey's case and see if the adaptation got any better by then (which I doubt :shady: ). Really though, please just play the games if you want to truly experience the actual greatness of Ace Attorney!

Bungou Stray Dogs episode 4:

Oh man, I laughed so hard at the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: upside-down book bit-- it's an old joke, but it was just so pricelessly done here :lol: -- and I laughed just about as hard at the brilliant inversion of your natural expectations (in other words, the really amusing SPOILER: Highlight text to read: anticlimax) with the 'Black Lizard' attack (Atsushi's prolonged reaction was perfect). :lol:

Kiznaiver episode 4:

Yup, all the 'adults' are crazy. :lol: Anyway :) , ah, so there are multiple separate groups of Kiznaiver experiments going on at once, then? (Some of which may or may not be 'officially' sanctioned...) Also, it was interesting that it does actually seem like the plot is going to reveal another ulterior motive behind the experiment(s) (other than 'world peace,' that is :P :grin: ). I mean, I don't think any viewers bought the 'world peace' explanation in the first place, but it's nice to see the plot actually acknowledging that in some way. Oh, and the stuff between Tenga and Chidori was really adorable/amusing. :grin: :grin:

Mayoiga, a.k.a. The Lost Village, episode 5:
Mouse2010 wrote:Sounds like I am enjoying Mayoiga more than other people? . . .

^ Eh, it's just that its writing is mediocre at best, LOL. (I mean, even setting the plot aside for the minute :P , no one has any problems with Psycho-you-know-what :P -girl not only constantly trying to incite torture and execution but also literally, physically trying to torture and murder people with her own hands, yet they all keep suspecting the MC? :eyebrow: :forehead: At the *very* least, the instant she actually attempted to drown someone they should've thrown *her* into the 'jail...' but nope. Seriously, talk about 'anime logic...' :hits_self :shake: ) Basically, it's not yet become either 'so bad it's good' {and I doubt it ever will, either, LOL :P } or 'outright terrible' {which I fully expect it might at this rate :grin: }, so it's just easy to make snarky comments about. :grin: Anyway: Heh, I gotta admit that I literally LOL'd when they called Jack SPOILER: Highlight text to read: an a** :grin: (...er, trust me, it's funnier in context, LOL... :grin: ). Also, them hearing (and probably seeing) different things is also a (mildly) interesting clue. That said, I've been suspecting it for a little while, but with the apparent confirmation here of a 'paranormal' element (continuing off of the previous ep.), I'm like 90% certain now that they're all already SPOILER: Highlight text to read: dying/dead/etc. The other 10% still goes to the theory that they're just SPOILER: Highlight text to read: in some wack-job experiment/reality show/sci-fi-thing/whatever else :P ; but seriously, the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "yup, they're dead or whatever" radar was going off like crazy here...

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episode 4:

LOL, I *really* liked the twist they put on the "two-faced 'perfect' girl" trope-- see, instead of being nasty on the inside like that character type usually is, the poor girl is actually still perfectly nice, she's just SPOILER: Highlight text to read: insecure about her *natural* personality/looks, so she put on that false persona to be popular. Her interactions with the two MC's were so cute, and it was nice to see her start to be a little bit more true to herself at the end with SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the glasses. :thumb: This show continues to be surprisingly adorable. <3
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Mon May 02, 2016 10:53 pm

Bakuon ep. 3 - Some horrifying moments, but a well-executed episode. I laughed out loud a few times. 5/5

And that's the last of the episode 3s, so here's my list for the season, so far:
Picking up:
1) Joker Game (14)
2) Flying Witch (13)
3) Re:ZERO (12.75)
4) Bakuon (12.70)
5) Pan de Peace (11.85) S
6) Ace Attorney (11)
6) (tie) My Hero Academia (11)
8) Crane Game (10.25) S
10) HaiFuri (HS Fleet) (10)

Letting alone:
Usakame, and all the ones I didn't get past ep. 1.
9) Bungou Stray Dogs (10.24)
11) Anne-Happy (8.5) for now... I may drop this.

Wow. I'm picking up 11 shows? I may be harsher with my ratings and drop some of these. Let's see... leaving aside the shorts, the ones I'm least excited/intrigued about... *moves*
And I may drop HaiFuri after ep. 4, so I think I'll watch that before I add it to my list.
That brings me down to 7 shows and two shorts. Much better.
Last edited by skreyola on Tue May 03, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Tue May 03, 2016 7:28 pm

Ace Attorney ep. 4 - This is NOT awesome. I hate that the games are available only on the DS, because I don't own one. But this show isn't nearly as cool as I'd hoped. 3/5 and not going to pick up, after all.

Pan de Peace ep. 4 - Ok. 4/5

Re:ZERO ep. 4 - Very interesting. It seems that there is SPOILER: Highlight text to read: an assassin in the mansion. Also, wow, that went some odd ways. I think Subaru needs to stop thinking out loud. Anyway, Poor Subaru! 4.5/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Wed May 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Joker Game ep. 4 - This show is so dark, but it's also done extremely well. I think SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the reporter gave the MP his own photograph, so he could lead him to the casino, but I only came to that conclusion after the episode ended. 4/5

Crane Game ep. 4 - This show would be 100% better if the asteroid animation matched each episode's technique, the way the first one seemed to. -1 for reusing animation in a lame way. 3/5

My Hero Academia ep. 4 - That was awesome. I loved the hidden portion of the exam. 7 + 3 = 10! ;) I think they'd make a great team. 5/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sat May 07, 2016 12:03 pm

Haifuri ep.5 - Ok, I'm almost certain that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: demoniacally possessed mouses are involved ( SPOILER: Highlight text to read: since demons can possess animals) Nice episode. It came a little late but it was good. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The Musashi suddenly fired (probably the same reason when the Harekaze fired without a reason, see ep.4)

Let's hope that the good guys will win this battle against SPOILER: Highlight text to read: satan

4.0/5.0

― Reign

-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

TheChocolateGamer

Postby skreyola » Sat May 07, 2016 8:46 pm

HaiFuri ep. 4 - That was creepy, though not what I was expecting. I guess I'll stick with this. At least they aren't SPOILER: Highlight text to read: getting shot at by every single ship they meet anymore. 3/5

Flying Witch ep. 4 - is a cautionary tale on the dangers of overindulging in alcohol... and magic edibles. Looks like the exceptional talent runs in the family. 4/5

Also, haha, Chinatsu is such a troll. It was as though shirokuma from Shirobako came to life. ;)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon May 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Bungou Stray Dogs episode 5:

Oh my gosh, Dazai was hilarious this ep. (Mamoru Miyano is having *WAY* too much fun voicing him, and it's really paying off, because I just couldn't stop laughing every time he opened his mouth, LOL! :lol: :lol: ) Also LOL at Atsushi realizing what his reactions are like. :grin: In all seriousness, though, this ep. was quite good-- I truly felt sorry for SPOILER: Highlight text to read: both the victim and the culprit, Ranpo was truly impressive SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (particularly given that little revelation at the end), and I was just so all-around entertained that the episode only felt 5 or 10 mins. long. :thumb:

Kiznaiver episode 5:

This show has certainly been entertaining and/or intriguing throughout most of its runtime so far; however, now-- slowly but surely-- I think I'm actually starting to fall in love with it. Now, I did have to LOL at both the insanity of the so-called 'test of bravery' as well as the fact that when everyone else (except Katsuhira, that is :grin: ) was freaking out, Hisomu was actually *enjoying* it... :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, though, I'm liking where it's going with SPOILER: Highlight text to read: it progressing now to *actually* feeling each other's psychological/emotional pain (as well as physical), and thus getting to understand each other better (indeed, Katsuhira has made some great progress in that regard now). And the end was so sweet. <3

Mayoiga, a.k.a. The Lost Village, episode 6:

......What... the... genuine... heck?! :pikka: :sweat: ...Oookay then, looks like the show finally went off the deep end. :grin: Not only is psycho-girl's backstory nowhere near enough to turn her into the homicidal maniac she became, now we apparently have everyone hallucinating the things they fear the most/representations of their worst memories/whatever... and survival-boy's is a giant SPOILER: Highlight text to read: silicone breast (implant) on legs??? :pikka: :eyebrow: :forehead: I literally almost ROTFL'd at that one. :lol: :shake: :forehead: Plus the writing-- well, such as it was, I mean, LOL-- also finally collapsed completely. I guess it's finally turning into that trainwreck we thought it might... *gets popcorn* :grin:

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episode 5:

Oh my gosh, I was giggling throughout this ep. :lol: From SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the 'lovely' hair scrunchie to the entire 'little sisters' discussion to the expressions of the girls in the foreground and background when Ohta keeps giving Tanaka tips in the grocery store to Shiraishi's conversation with Ohta, it was hilarious; and then the end was super sweet again. <3 <3 (Also: Miyano is smarter than she seems! :thumb: :grin: )
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Tue May 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Pan de Peace ep. 5 - It's good to have dreams. Friends, though, seem to be a mixed blessing for the dreamer. 4/5

Bakuon ep. 4 - This show is hilarious. I really wish there wasn't so much fanservice in it, though most of it is tolerable. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though. Anyway, the humor is really over the top, but the show has a good grasp of delivery, for the most part. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Wed May 11, 2016 10:19 pm

Bakuon ep. 5 - That was absolutely disgusting. They went way overboard with the fanservice in this episode. If most of the first half hadn't been so good, I wouldn't have given this episode even this high a score: 2/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Thu May 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Crane Game ep .5 - It's about stinking time someone noticed the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: huge bunch of life-threatening rocks hurtling toward the planet!!! Is fixing that better than being an idol? And how long is that fish going to live? 3/5

Re:ZERO ep. 5 - Having an ability that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: keeps you from dying is awesome. Having SPOILER: Highlight text to read: to die in order to use it, not so much. I'm sure he'll figure this out soon. On the plus side, it should take SPOILER: Highlight text to read: less time to learn the i-glyphs, next time. :) By the by, that was an awful lot of blood, if that matters to anyone. By the way, it's funny to see people in the MAL forum wondering about Rem/Ram and why the pink-haired one is around, when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think it's pretty obvious from ep. 4 why she's kept around: she seems to be the manor lord's plaything and assassin. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Joker Game ep. 5 - Solid episode. Great literary references. 4/5

Sorry for terse. Exhausted today.
Anime List
skreyola