[Spring 2016] Season of Diamonds

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: [Spring 2016] Season of Diamonds

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:52 pm

Bungou Stray Dogs episode 9:

Hee-- minus SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the end of it, of course :pikka: :P, the 'date' was super cute~ <3 And Dazai was being his amusingly awesome self, as usual. :grin: (Interested to see SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what his big plan was/is, too...) One thing that was a bit strange though was Kunikida's behavior. I mean, while I actually don't really think that first suggestion of his SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (to turn Kyouka in) was out of character (although I *do* think he was wrong), his second one SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (that it wasn't their job to rescue Atsushi/etc. {?!}) certainly seemed to be (...I mean, what the heck?? And it's rather hypocritical for him to be apparently SPOILER: Highlight text to read: concerned for Atsushi later after also-apparently not giving a crap about him earlier on... :P ). :eyebrow: At least the president had his head screwed on straight about that, though. :thumb: Anyway, that minor issue with Kunikida's characterization aside, this was a good ep. (And oh man, that next-ep. preview was *epic...* :pikka: )

Kiznaiver episode 9:

Oh man, this episode hurt. (...Uh, no pun intended... :sweat: ) Between all the unrequited love lines + the roller-coaster of SPOILER: Highlight text to read: memory/emotional/'pain' awakenings (finally!) in Katsuhira (...and then the different but actually even *more* painful revelation that he actually SPOILER: Highlight text to read: still can't feel his new Kiznaiver companions' current pain even though he did feel the (remembered) pain of his previous Kiznaiver companions...) + them all finally realizing the sometimes-hurtful difference between what people might feel/think/say and what they actually want... the feels were real. :( I mean, holy crap, it's no wonder the previous experiments failed-- judging by the flashbacks + what happened here, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Katsuhira's previous group got to this point (that is, sharing the 'voices of their hearts') and then they all 'broke' (and understandably so). :pikka: That said, while the doctor lady is certainly as culpable in this admittedly-inhumane experiment as the rest of the researchers, green-haired-guy just pretty much went full sadistic on this one :pikka: , so I have to say that I very much appreciated ( + laughed like crazy) at that *very* well-deserved SPOILER: Highlight text to read: kick she planted on him. ;) :thumb: :lol: TL;DR: Y'know a few weeks ago when I said that I was starting to fall in love with this show? Well, it's official now: I *do* love it. <3 <3 I can't wait to see how the group breaks through this...

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episode 9:

I was laughing so hard this ep.-- that poor worker, LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (And then them being all sweet and nice to her afterwards~ <3 :grin: ) Also: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "I am one with this sofa," indeed!! :lol: *AND* we finally got to see Ohta's sister, too! <3 :hug: (And she is so adorable-- her having the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: identical reaction to SPOILER: Highlight text to read: seeing Tanaka and his sister together as Ohta did was priceless-- as was SPOILER: Highlight text to read: her and Rino's interactions with Tanaka {and, later, Ohta} afterwards, and the sweet little conversation they had about siblings <3 :grin: , and then Tanaka even SPOILER: Highlight text to read: wanting to get bananas {'brother gorilla level' reference}! ;) :grin: <3) Why is this show so amusing and warm?! <3 :hug:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Pan de Peace ep. 9 - Cultural Fest/Maid Cafe episode. Meh. Not one of the better ones of these I've seen. Not even in the top twenty. 4/5
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:30 pm

Bakuon ep. 9 - That was pretty cool. I think the graduation story was cut a little short, but otherwise, a very good episode. That Chisane is a weird, driven little girl. I wonder what bike she'll end up with. 4/5

My Hero Academia ep. 9 - Good episode. Dun dun daaaah. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:55 pm

Re:ZERO ep. 9 - A lot of story progress, here. Would it be better to solve it this time, or to go back and SPOILER: Highlight text to read: fix it so the kidnapping never happens? 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Joker Game ep. 8 - Not sure what's going on, here... but, I guess I'm not supposed to... too tired to watch the other half tonight. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:25 pm

Joker Game ep. 9 - Ah. It all becomes clear. Well played, sir. Well played. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Crane Game ep. 9 - Why are we at an onsen? Oh, I guess that sort of makes some kind of sense. On the beach? Seriously? That seems a bit unsupported. The new wrinkle with Tokiko seems like it might bear some fruit, but anyway... 3/5

HaiFuri ep. 9 - A bit of silliness, but mainly fun, anyway. Tabby-kun deserved that. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Bungou Stray Dogs episode 10:

Ohohohohoho-- Dazai is definitely the best character of this show. :grin: :grin: :thumb: And that fight between SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Atsushi and Akutagawa was indeed just as epic as I'd thought it would be :wow!: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (Akutagawa has really lost it :sweat: ... methinks he's just a *tad* too obsessed with his former senpai, there... :P :grin: ...But holy crap, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Atsushi was *awesome* {in more ways than one!!} :wow!: :jump: -- plus, it was downright beautiful when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: he told Akutagawa that he doesn't get to decide the worth of other human beings, etc. :jump: ). Great ep. :thumb:

Kiznaiver episode 10:

...Um, wow, green-haired-researcher-dude really *IS* sadistic... :pikka: That aside, though-- ROTFL, that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "Is this a reverse harem?" line was priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol: And wait-- so it looks like the lady researcher SPOILER: Highlight text to read: *isn't* Noriko's mom, then? :eyebrow: I thought for sure she was, with all those hints... And whoa-- that previous failed experiment was actually even worse than I had imagined... :pikka: :pikka: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Poor everyone-- especially Noriko and the kids who are no longer 'all there.' :( :( And oh man, that "daisuki!" flashback {and the emotion that ensued from Katsuhira in the present afterwards}... </3 :( This show is so good. <3 Looking forward to the last few ep.'s!

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episode 10:

Oh my gosh-- I actually had to pause the video I was laughing so hard when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Ohta accidentally scared the life out of those poor troublemaking kids... *twice!* :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, and Miyano is the most adorable thing ever. And her sneaky matchmaking skills are so good~ :grin:
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:02 am

Pan de Peace: better than expected, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: little fan service if any i think 4/5
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby skreyola » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Flying Witch ep. 9 - The fortune telling (content warning, for those bothered by this) was kind of cute. Shows the perils and vagueness of fortunes. They almost didn't happen, but leave it to nee-san... 4/5

With that, we've reached episode nine in all the shows I'm watching. Here are the rankings:
1) Joker Game (38) +0 ranks
2) My Hero Academia (38) +0 (previously +4)
3) Re:ZERO (37) +0
4) Flying Witch (37) +0 (previously -2)
5) Pan de Peace (36) +0
6) Bakuon!! (33) +0 (previously -2)
7) HaiFuri (32) +0 (previously +1)
8) Crane Game (28) +0 (previously -1)

So, all shows kept their standings from the mid-season reckoning, but Flying Witch has caught up to Re:ZERO in terms of point totals, so it may increase its rank before the end. We'll just have to wait and see.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby TheChocolateGamer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:36 am

Pan de Peace ep. 12 - ....wha? 4.25/5
Galatians 3:13 NIV: Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Luke 6:31 NIV (The Golden Rule): Do to others as you would have them do to you.

“Too much of anything is dangerous, unless it's God's Love.”
― Reign

You seem happy from the bottom of your heart. That also makes me me just as happy.
-Sala Shane (Charlotte)

Statement of faith: http://www.filedropper.com/statementoffaith @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
TheChocolateGamer

Postby Mouse2010 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:49 pm

Finished up Mayoiga today. Those of you who quit watching awhile back were probably wise to do so. I still feel that this show had some interesting ideas, but it was inconsistent and left many questions unanswered. Plus, the final episode felt very rushed, with some characters making surprising decisions that were not fully explained. The romance was not particularly satisfying to me, either.

That said, I have to give it credit for two surprises.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 1. I did not predict the part about Reiji being a nanaki, at least not until just before they revealed it. That was an interesting twist.

2. I liked that they sang the hippopotamus song at the end, too!

Oh, make that three surprises: I liked that the two love birds who had run away to get married broke up. They were as annoying as heck, and I'm glad that the girl realized that. I suppose that wasn't entirely a surprise, but I was glad to see it.

This series had a few twists and turns, and it had some funny or touching moments. But I couldn't recommend it.
Mouse2010

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Bungou Stray Dogs episodes 11-12 (end):

Ep. 11: Oh my gosh, Kenji ( + all the reactions he induced) was hilarious. :lol: :lol: And ep. 12: ...Um, have I mentioned that I seriously love Dazai? <3 :lol: :lol: And the head of the SPOILER: Highlight text to read: local baddie organization, who hadn't been shown before, was a really fun character, too (despite the obvious deadly danger radiating from SPOILER: Highlight text to read: him). :) I look forward to watching the second season (and reading the manga). :thumb:

Kiznaiver episodes 11-12 (end):

Ep. 11: The realizations the characters came to were pretty beautiful here. <3 (Also, oh my gosh, I actually *liked* Hisomu in this episode, LOL! :wow!: :grin: ) And ep. 12: That went basically exactly as expected, but in this case that was a good thing, and the end left me with a nice big smile on my face. Great show. :thumb:

And Tanaka-kun Is Always Listless episodes 11-12 (end):
Ep. 11: Well, that plan backfired (and in multiple ways, no less, LOL!). ;) :grin: Seriously, though, Miyano was the most hilariously adorable 'ghost' ever. :lol: :lol: :hug: (And Echizen's SPOILER: Highlight text to read: 'cute mode'... I just can't... :lol: :lol: ) And ep. 12: The entire seat-changing bit was perfect. PERFECT. :grin: :grin: :thumb: And LOL at the whole thing with poor Shiraishi, too... :grin: And, of course, there were some sweet little moments in there as well. :) I enjoyed this show way more than I was expecting to, and I'm looking forward to reading the manga as well. :thumb:

And that's it for Spring. On to Summer! :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby skreyola » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:05 pm

Anyone remember me? ;)

My Hero Academia ep. 10 - Man, when is he going to learn to control himself? Still, good thinking on his plan. Oh, Iida-kun... SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sometimes the best thing a hero can do is go for help...
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:01 pm

My Hero Academia ep. 11 - I hope he has control from here on out... but, man, is it going to matter? Frustrated with Iida-kun's slowness to act. I'm a little frustrated with a few people's lack of quirk control, but it was still a good episode. 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:31 pm

My Hero Academia ep. 12 - This was not the best of episodes. It should feel triumphant, but it doesn't. I feel like they pushed the 'past-his-limits' card too many times and completely threw physics out the window in a couple of places (i.e., if it did that much damage to the ground, the kids should have felt it and been shaken up. 4/5 (barely)
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:15 pm

Joker Game ep. 10 - 4/5
Anime List
skreyola

Previous