Licensed Streaming - Recent Additions

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Licensed Streaming - Recent Additions

Postby skreyola » Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:19 pm

So, I've been thinking for a while about starting this thread, and I hope I've gone about it in the right way.
I wanted a place to post (and find) information on new acquisitions of the legal streaming sites (Hulu, Crunchyroll, etc.).
It kind of might fit in the review thread, but on the other hand, it's likely to come in bursts of several titles, and others may be interested in a thread with the same function I was wanting: to know when something is newly available (not just announced) at one of the streaming sites, in particular, titles that didn't come out this season (though if people want to mention those, I guess that would be okay, too).

So, without further ado, here are some recent shows I've noticed posted at CrunchyRoll. I'm assuming these are all movies, since CR lists them as episode 0 for their titles.
I hope someone can reply with more information about the content and/or quality of each:

5cm/s - as I recall, this ranked highly in one of the Best of the 2000s threads.
The Garden of Words
The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Voices of a Distant Star - I think I've heard a lot of people say they like this, but I can't remember anything else about it.
She and Her Cat
Crossroad
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Re: Licensed Streaming - Recent Additions

Postby skreyola » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Hulu has added 25 subbed episodes of Bakuman. I've heard people talking about this show, so I'm looking forward to watching it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby ForeverInspired » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:40 pm

I just found it today and am SO EXCITED! Hopefully, they release more than just this first season soon!!!!
ForeverInspired

Postby ForeverInspired » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:52 pm

skreyola wrote:So, without further ado, here are some recent shows I've noticed posted at CrunchyRoll. I'm assuming these are all movies, since CR lists them as episode 0 for their titles.
I hope someone can reply with more information about the content and/or quality of each:

Sure thing!

5cm/s - as I recall, this ranked highly in one of the Best of the 2000s threads. = This is a good show that definitely deserves at least a single watch. It's slow, beautiful, and sweet. I don't think that I will ever watch it again, but I am glad that I watched it at least once. It definitely is one of the best produced shows out there.

The Garden of Words = I have mixed feelings about this one. If you are just in it for the animation and beautiful artwork, you are in for a treat. If you want anything more than that (let's say a decent plot), you are going to get frustrated. The main character made me nearly go mad with his love story with the teacher. The show as a whole seemed a little self-centered.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days = I was really excited from the summary, but the movie fell a little short for me when I considered my expectations. It definitely was good and sad, but it just lacked that perfect mix for me. It wasn't terribly slow, but I can't say that it was exactly great with pacing.

Voices of a Distant Star - I think I've heard a lot of people say they like this, but I can't remember anything else about it. = You feel bored and then you feel sad. You need patience to watch this film and appreciate it. I had patience when I watch it, but I know now that that patience has been used up with the first watch. Definitely one of the saddest ones on this list though.

Children Who Chase Lost Voices = I absolutely loved this show. What puts it above most of the titles in this list is that the plot was actually exciting. I loved the ending, the drama, and the art wasn't bad either.
ForeverInspired

Postby Cat96 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:07 pm

skreyola wrote:Hulu has added 25 subbed episodes of Bakuman. I've heard people talking about this show, so I'm looking forward to watching it.

*faints before waking up* Did you just say Bakuman is on Hulu? I've always wanted to watch this show after reading the first two volumes of the manga! I would read more, but I can never find volume 3 at the local library.
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby skreyola » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:54 pm

@ForeverInspired: Thank you for the run-down. I'll have to give some of those a look, when I have more time.

Cat96 wrote:
skreyola wrote:Hulu has added 25 subbed episodes of Bakuman. I've heard people talking about this show, so I'm looking forward to watching it.

*faints before waking up* Did you just say Bakuman is on Hulu? I've always wanted to watch this show after reading the first two volumes of the manga! I would read more, but I can never find volume 3 at the local library.

I did! And it is! I'm up to ep. 21 and enjoying it immensely! :)

[7/21 - edited to add:]
Well, that didn't take long. I can see why people were talking about this show. It's very good. The romance was a little odd, but the plot was exciting, the characters interesting, and the dynamics were unusual. I hope Hulu will acquire the other seasons soon.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Hulu has posted 12 subbed episodes of Hamatora.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:07 pm

Hulu has posted 12 subbed episodes of Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii/The World is Still Beautiful. This show is fairly light and fun, but not particularly deep. I rated it 7/10. You may enjoy it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MomentOfInertia » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Crunchyroll has Dragon Half. Sub&Dub. o_O
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:09 am

Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:57 pm

I just now noticed this, but since I've never watched the original Japanese version of the franchise, I'm not sure how to feel about it. :-/

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby skreyola » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Hulu now has 12 subbed episodes of Wake Up, Girls! Anyone know anything about this show?
Hulu also has 13 subbed and 13 dubbed episodes of Arjuna I know less about this show than the other one.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Hulu has (re-)added the following shows:
Uta-kata
Blue Drop
Dokkoida?!
Destiny of the Shrine Maiden
Ghost Hound
Shigofumi
New Fist of the North Star
Daphne in the Brilliant Blue
Kimikiss: Pure Rouge
Legends of the Dark King (FotNS)
Special A
Tears to Tiara

I don't know much about most of these, so if one of them is naughty, I'm sorry; I didn't know.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Hulu has re-added Brighter than the Dawning Blue, which was a fairly enjoyable show, as I recall (I rated it 6/10), and Hidamari Sketch 365.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Hulu has added 64 subbed episodes of DragonballGT, if that's your thing.

[ETA 2/1:] Hulu+ has added 50 episodes of Astro Boy.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby skreyola » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:10 pm

Hulu has added 25 episodes of Peach Girl. Anyone know anything about this show?
Anime List
skreyola

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:47 pm

Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews