Christian Anime creators and mangaka

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Christian Anime creators and mangaka

Postby randomuser2349 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:53 pm

I was wondering if there were any famous animes and mangas created by Christians. I'm not talking about Christian Anime like In The Beginning or SuperBook, but as in normal manga and anime that were created by Japan. Can some of you name any?
randomuser2349

Re: Christian Anime creators and mangaka

Postby nillapoet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:55 pm

I think you're going to have a hard time finding one. Japan typically has vastly different spiritual beliefs than the western hemisphere or christians in general.
nillapoet

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:56 pm

I would say there could be some, but maybe the creator just never came out as Christian, who knows.

You gotta understand, the Christian population in Japan is like less than one percent...so that should tell you something...
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Well... this is this one really looooooong boooooring anime movie called Angels Egg which(if you take the time to google and figure out why) does have a christian story to it... but's it's so slow and boring and... kinda dark as well...
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby randomuser2349 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 am

nillapoet wrote:I think you're going to have a hard time finding one. Japan typically has vastly different spiritual beliefs than the western hemisphere or christians in general.

I didn't have a hard time finding Christian anime actors or singers. For example, the singer of Maison Ikkoku's OP1.
randomuser2349

Postby randomuser2349 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:10 am

twistedfairytale45 wrote:Well... this is this one really looooooong boooooring anime movie called Angels Egg which(if you take the time to google and figure out why) does have a christian story to it... but's it's so slow and boring and... kinda dark as well...

I'm talking about normal anime/manga that was created by Christians, not Christian-themed anime/manga.
randomuser2349

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews