[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Anime Tears... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Anime Tears...

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anime Tears...

Postby AnaniAnime » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:58 pm

Okay so right now I'm sobbing over Fullmetal Alchemist :waah!: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The death of Hughes. I mean he was one of my favorite characters! What anime have you cried over?
Last edited by AnaniAnime on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.pinterest.com/ariannawesomez/
AnaniAnime

Re: Anime Tears...

Postby Thunderscream872 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:53 am

More than I care to admit to...they were all very manly tears of course, lol.
I'll say Gurren Lagann, FMA, and Steins;Gate more than any others (they're my top 3 animes, btw).

Oh and concerning what you said about FMA-- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Hughes was my favorite character, so I was pretty upset when he died, though I didn't really cry. My reaction was more like "WHAT!? They did not just kill him off?!?!" but then the funeral was pretty sad :(
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Kilvakar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:34 pm

Saw a similar thread in the manga section, I get emotional when watching something really epic or awesome, so I tear up regularly when someone in Fairy Tail is about to give an epic speech and kick some bahookey! :waah!: For some reason, I don't cry as much at the sad parts. Not sure what that says about me, lol! :sweat:

Ditto about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Huges' death, it's definitely the saddest part in FMA.
Image Image
"Comrade isn't simply a word. Comrades are about heart. It's the unconditional trust in your partners. Please, fell free to lean on me...And I, too, will lean on you as well."---Mavis Vermillion, First Master of Fairy Tail

"There are people in this world who enjoy being alone, but there isn't a single person who can bear solitude."---Makarov Dreyar, Third Master of Fairy Tail
Kilvakar

Postby Cat96 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:46 pm

I remember getting teary eyed quite a bit when I watch anime.

I got very teary-eyed at that part in FMA too. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: He was one of those memorable characters who's death adds sadness to an already sad anime.

The FMA movie Conqueror of Shamballa got me teary-eyed several times. Major spoilers for end of movie: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When Ed returned to Amestris and Mustang called Ed "Fullmetal", I guess that knowing that Edward hasn't been called the "Fullmetal Alchemist" in two years because of him going to the other side of the gate somehow brought tears to my face. I also cried when Edward left Alphonse behind to go break the portal on the other side. Those tears became joyful when Al appeared in that suit of armor that looked just like the kind of armor he was stuck in for about four years.

Another time I cried was episode 6 of Black Cat. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: She couldn't even see him, and he had an invisible sword that could extend at will. :sniffle:

The end of The Secret World of Arriety. The whole scene coupled with the music made for a very emotional scene.

Pokémon Lucario and the Mystery of Mew: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I cried at the scene at the heart of the tree where Ash, Kid, and Lucario watch a time flower showing Sir Aaron's last moments where he's talking aloud about his motives for sealing Lucario in the staff and how he really feels about Lucario (as a very close friend). Then I cry at Lucario's last moments where lucario goes to be with his master and best friend.

Will I sound stupid if I said I got teary-eyed during the last two episodes of Ouran High School Host Club?

So as much as I hate to admit it, I do get teary-eyed quite often when watching anime. :waah!:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Postby Crossfire » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:26 am

I'm 99% sure that this thread already exists...

Edit: Yup.
Crossfire

Postby skreyola » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Actually, that thread was pretty much entirely FMA.

I've cried watching Cross Game, AnoHana, Honey & Clover, and a few others that don't come to mind at the moment.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Chocogizmo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:51 am

I watch anime alone for this reason. @-@

CLANNAD

ALL OF CLANNAD .-.

pretty much every studio ghibli movie gets me upset at some point as well, they're just so beautiful stop judging with your judging eyes. o-O I see you thar.
Chocogizmo

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:34 pm

I cry a lot in any kind of story, no matter the medium :sweat: Here are the times I can remember from anime:

Clannad - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When Fuuko disappears

FMA - SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When Nina dies, when Hughes dies, and basically the entire last couple of episodes :waah!: (And I was depressed for at least a week after finishing the anime.)

Haibane Renmei - The whole last episode OMG T_T

Grave of the Fireflies - The ending, duh

Wolf's Rain - The last like FOUR EPISODES GAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! :waah!:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Chocogizmo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:39 pm

omg Grave of the Fireflies. ;-;

my feels cannot even handle.

like how dare you takahata @_@
Chocogizmo

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Most of Wolf Children. Emotional moments during Fairy Tail and One Piece. K-On! bittersweet moments.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby twistedfairytale45 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm

*sniff* ... okay...
D.N. Angel... Kemono No Souja Erin... Serei No Morbito... Angel Beats... I think that's all... hopefully... I don't want to try and remember the others right now
"You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road." -Elliot Nightray
"What's left in the end..is not always what you wish for!" - Xerxes Break
twistedfairytale45

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:55 am

Okay, I just cried in episode 9 of Clannad After Story, the one where Nagisa gets sick and Tomoya realizes just how much she means to him :sniffle:
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:23 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Okay, I just cried in episode 9 of Clannad After Story, the one where Nagisa gets sick and Tomoya realizes just how much she means to him :sniffle:

I'd wager you'll cry a lot more before the show is over. My heart still has bruises from watching that show.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:41 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:Okay, I just cried in episode 9 of Clannad After Story, the one where Nagisa gets sick and Tomoya realizes just how much she means to him :sniffle:

skreyola wrote:I'd wager you'll cry a lot more before the show is over. My heart still has bruises from watching that show.

Yeah, between Clannad, Air TV(even though it confused me at the end), and Ano Hana...Easily the most touching, heartbreaking, tear jerking fictional stories I've seen so far.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby AnaniAnime » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Is Clannad good? I'm planning on watching it.
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby skreyola » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 pm

AnaniAnime wrote:Is Clannad good? I'm planning on watching it.

Clannad was pretty good. Lots of cute, heart-warming moments.
Clannad: After Story will tear your heart out, stomp on it, hand it back to you, pat you on the head, slap you across the face, throw your heart back on the ground, and dance a jig on it before coming to its SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "happy" ending. Yes, really.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:59 am

skreyola wrote:
AnaniAnime wrote:Is Clannad good? I'm planning on watching it.

Clannad was pretty good. Lots of cute, heart-warming moments.
Clannad: After Story will tear your heart out, stomp on it, hand it back to you, pat you on the head, slap you across the face, throw your heart back on the ground, and dance a jig on it before coming to its SPOILER: Highlight text to read: "happy" ending. Yes, really.

Ditto.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby AnaniAnime » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Well I've started it now and I'm on episode 3
Hello!

AnaniAnime

Postby Ryosuke » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 pm

A LOT... I can't think of them all but a little for Sword Art Online... and I sobbed and continue to for Clannad... I did in The Legend of Korra at least at one point...

I'll post more as I recall XD :dance:
~*~Blessedly married to Okami!~*~
Ryosuke

Postby nln_rose » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:46 am

Clannad specifically after story also SAO the sachi moment maybe the end of fruits basket that's all i can think of right now.
I hope you don't mind me barging in like this. In spite of the profession I've chosen, I've never actually made a confession before. It's these times we live in. I did what it took to protect the children at any cost. That's how I always justified my actions. I took many people's lives, all that time believing there was no other way. My sins are so heavy. Too heavy. Too heavy to ever atone for. And yet, somehow I feel happy, at peace with myself today. It really can be done. Once you stop to think about it, there are plenty of ways to save everyone. Why didn't I ever listen to him? Why didn't I see that before it was too late? -Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Priest)
nln_rose

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews