Warning! Spoilers for Fullmetal Alchemist!

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Warning! Spoilers for Fullmetal Alchemist!

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:01 am

So. I just saw episode 10 of Brotherhood. Who else cried both times when Hughs died? :sniffle: His daughter did it for me.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

I'm a worthless piece of garbage that can't even write a straight looking K!
Death the Kid.

marro1

Re: Warning! Spoilers for Fullmetal Alchemist!

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:47 am

Wow, Hughes dies that early in Brotherhood? (Has only seen the original FMA) That's sad...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby marro1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 am

Yeah, they didn't develop on him as much in Brotherhood. The first season seems kinda rushed to me. Probably because they don't want it to be boring for the people that have seen the first series.
Now I see. You’re Jealous. You’re jealous of humans aren’t you? According to you, humans are supposed to be a lot weaker than homunculi. And yet, even if they get discouraged after being beaten, and even if they get close to falling down after losing their paths, they continue to get up and fight. Everyone around them helps them get back up. And you’re envious of that.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:52 am

Ah, I see. Makes sense, I guess. This also reminds me that I really need to get on watching this (it's been on my to-watch list for....forever, I think).
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm

The shorthand I tell people is to watch FMA up to episode... 13 or so, then switch to brotherhood.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:23 pm

No way! You can't stop at episode 13, or you'd miss the much better and more heartrending episode involving Hughes's death that we're all talking about! I say watch until episode 28 of the first series, then switch over to episode 12 of Brotherhood. It requires a bit of rehashing of the same material, and the hints at the Homunculi's plans in the first part of the first series could be a bit misleading, but after a bit of a bumpy transition, it makes for the best experience, if you ask me.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby marro1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:34 pm

So far I am almost 20 episodes into Brotherhood, and I like the first season better.
Edward

Death the Kid.

marro1

Postby PandaPop » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm

ahh I totally cried, even 10 episodes was enough to get super attached he just gave the show such a heartwarming aspect!
PandaPop

Postby Lynna » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:06 am

I actually found Hughes' death sadder in brotherhood, probably because I actually KNEW he was dead. When I saw him die in the first FMA, I was highly sceptical. It was only when I saw him actually being buried that I was like "Oh crap...he really is dead? They actually killed him off for good?" Also, brotherhood has that part after the funeral when Roy says that it's raining, and then starts crying. That really got me.
And Claec? You haven't watched brotherhood? What is this madness?
Lynna

Postby PandaPop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:16 am

Lynna wrote:I actually found Hughes' death sadder in brotherhood, probably because I actually KNEW he was dead. When I saw him die in the first FMA, I was highly sceptical. It was only when I saw him actually being buried that I was like "Oh crap...he really is dead? They actually killed him off for good?" Also, brotherhood has that part after the funeral when Roy says that it's raining, and then starts crying. That really got me.
And Claec? You haven't watched brotherhood? What is this madness?

:waah!: The rain part with Roy, gosh yeah that was a really great scene.
PandaPop

Postby Rzerox21xx » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:49 am

What I like about Brotherhood and the manga better, is that Roy finds out who murdered him get to somewhat avenged Hughes which brings greater satisfaction. The first series pretty much had Envy get away with murder literally which tick me off.
Rzerox21xx

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Lynna wrote:Also, brotherhood has that part after the funeral when Roy says that it's raining, and then starts crying.

I seriously can't watch this scene without choking back tears ;-;

ClaecElric4God wrote:Ah, I see. Makes sense, I guess. This also reminds me that I really need to get on watching this (it's been on my to-watch list for....forever, I think).

Watch iiiittttttttt D:
Random gif is random '3'
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:08 pm

the_wolfs_howl wrote:No way! You can't stop at episode 13, or you'd miss the much better and more heartrending episode involving Hughes's death that we're all talking about! I say watch until episode 28 of the first series, then switch over to episode 12 of Brotherhood. It requires a bit of rehashing of the same material, and the hints at the Homunculi's plans in the first part of the first series could be a bit misleading, but after a bit of a bumpy transition, it makes for the best experience, if you ask me.

Eh I said 'or so' for a reason. I've come to really dislike the shenanigans that ensued with the characterization and story in the original TV run, but one could probably find me suggesting various mid 20s episodes in podcasts and posts as a jumping off point. I really disliked the end, and what was done with rose, so I start shying away from those episodes that come back to Lior now since that's where things get loopy.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews