anyone know of any animes withOUT any fanservice

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

anyone know of any animes withOUT any fanservice

Postby nat400 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:59 pm

I hate all the junk that gets put in anime, many people think that all anime has fanservice, but that is not true.

Some animes that I know of that have little to no fanservice are: Hikaru no go :thumb: , Ghost Hunt, KMB, and others I will post the rest some other time, But I would like it if you all can help me and the rest of us out. Post your list of animes that have very little to no fanservice, and please put the rating down as well you can find all anime rating at: Myanimelist.com

~Thanks Nat
nat400

Re: anyone know of any animes withOUT any fanservice

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Sorry, I couldn't find the rating whatchamajigger you were talking about, so I'll just give the best descriptions I can. Here's just a couple that I consider to be exceptionally non-fanservicy and overall amazing anime. Obviously there's more, but this is just off the top of my head.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - No fanservice, whatsoever. I'm open to correction, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Kekkaishi - There are a couple unnecessarities (made-up words ftw!), but overall this show is very clean.
Hakuoki - While nearly void of fanservice, Hakuoki has a fair bit of language, so there's always that to take into consideration.
Air TV (not the movie!) - If I remember right, this one is very clean. It's just weird...
Durarara!! - Hm, this one is more on the iffy side in the fanservice area. I mean, there're just a few scenes that are facepalm-worthy.
Pandora Hearts - Again, great anime, a few moments that it could have done without.

But overall, Tsubasa and Kekkaishi are the first two that always jump out when I think "clean anime". Hope this was at least a bit helpful.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby skreyola » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Kimi ni Todoke is very clean, and I don't remember any fanservice in it.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Vii » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 pm

- Kimi ni Todoke (seconding)
- Hyouka
- tsuritama
- Romeo x Juliet
- Kids on the Slope
- Natsume Yuujinchou
- Any Ghibli movie
- Attack on Titan
- Chihayafuru
- Cross Game
- Princess Tutu
- Hotarubi no Mori e
- Clannad
Vii

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:52 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Air TV (not the movie!) - If I remember right, this one is very clean. It's just weird...

I think after dude gets slashed by the ghost sword and travels back in time I think that winged chick takes her kimono off at some point, though it doesn't show anything and it wasn't meant to be sexual. I may be misremembering and I feel like that doesn't qualify as fanservice anyway but felt I should mention it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:37 am

Nate wrote:
ClaecElric4God wrote:Air TV (not the movie!) - If I remember right, this one is very clean. It's just weird...

I think after dude gets slashed by the ghost sword and travels back in time I think that winged chick takes her kimono off at some point, though it doesn't show anything and it wasn't meant to be sexual. I may be misremembering and I feel like that doesn't qualify as fanservice anyway but felt I should mention it.

^This is true. I forgot about that. Thanks for calling that one, Nate.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:02 pm

Vii wrote:- Clannad

Thought I should mention that there's a moderate amount of innuendo in that one, something I would classify as "verbal fanservice" (particularly the jokes about Tomoya and Sunohara being in a relationship). But I guess it kind of depends on how you define fanservice.

Clean stuff I've seen:
One Stormy Night (G)
Scamper the Penguin (G)
Studio Ghibli movies (G-R...which is way too high of a rating for Princess Mononoke)
Gunslinger Girl (R) - My memory of this is shaky; I don't remember any fanservice, but I've only seen it once.
Haibane Renmei (PG-13)
Kaitou Saint Tail (G)
Tsubasa Chronicle (PG-13)

That's all I can think of without knowing the exact parameters of "fanservice" we're talking about here.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby skreyola » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:07 pm

I don't recall any fanservice in Gunslinger Girl, and I've watched both seasons multiple times. However, there is a lot of violence (I wouldn't call it gratuitous, but it may be too much for some people) and there are a few scenes with undetailed nudity (though I don't consider it fanservice because of the presentation).

Agreed that a definition or guideline on what the OP considers fanservice would help.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews