New Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

New Anime

Postby phantomeofanime » Fri May 24, 2013 6:39 pm

hey guys! im looking for a new anime to watch and I can't decide on one.
I've watched fullmetal alchemist and loved it
I've watched tsubasa, cardcaptors, xxholic, and most clamp animes,
and I just finished watching Ouran highschool host club
Do any of you guys have a suggestion for me? :n_n:
PhantomEofAnime
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson...they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary...you can't gain anything without losing something first. Although...if you can endure that pain, and walk away from it...you will find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.....yeah...a heart made fullmetal." -- Fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood.

"Never Judge a peron by their past, you should always love them in the present and help them in the future." -- Me

"It was good for me to be afflicted, so that I might learn your decrees." -- Psalm 119:71
phantomeofanime

Re: New Anime

Postby LastLfan » Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm

Cardfight vanguard is pretty fun. Sword art online is what i recomend to just about everyone causes its awesome(some unnessacary fanservice but still a really good show) death note is good if you like darker anime, i just got into no.6 and it seems pretty cool. And if you want a sports anime one outs is the way to go, its the only sports anime ive ever seen and it doesnt feel like a sports anime, the mind games that take place exceed the setting.
LastLfan

Postby Yami » Sat May 25, 2013 1:18 am

to aru majutsu no index
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sō Desu yo?
Guilty Crown
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
Yami

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu May 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Seconding Sword Art Online and A Certain Magical Index. I loved both.
I loved alot of things about No. 6...but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. It has some stuff that's kind of...meh.
Guily Crown is also a good one. I would never watch it again, but that's just personal taste, and you'd probably love it.
Kekkaishi! Watch it!
I could list a ton more, but I'll leave it at that.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm

If you haven't seen Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still, I suggest you do that. You'll make a ton of friends around these parts, and you can get it real cheap on Amazon.
GaoGaiGar is several kinds of awesome, though you have to get through 20 or so episodes of monster-of-the-week (which are still pretty good, mind you) before it reaches its full potential.
Davidizer13

Postby Vii » Fri May 31, 2013 6:47 am

Blast of Tempest - Shonen action, drama, some comedy.
Soul Eater - Shonen action/fighting/idk
Lovely Complex - RomCom
Princess Jellyfish - RomCom
My Little Monster - RomCom
Toradora - RomCom and drama
Gosick - Mystery, drama, a bit of romance.
Vii

Postby ForeverInspired » Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 am

I would definitely try Sword Art Online, Scrapped Princess, & maybe Accel World (there is some sensual content there though) and/or Code:Breaker. If you liked Ouran High School Host Club, then you would probably like Special A.
ForeverInspired

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews