Macross

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Macross

Postby LastLfan » Mon May 13, 2013 4:37 pm

I just started watching robotech the macross saga and wanted to know the general opinion of the show. So far my favorite episode is the long wait. It showed rick and minmae's relationship nice and had awesome pacing
LastLfan

Re: Macross

Postby spark300c » Wed May 15, 2013 11:58 am

for Robotech the opinions are mixed. some love the mix will some other never like other 2 segas and think robotech just road block to macross sequels coming to the states.
spark300c

Postby battletech » Fri May 17, 2013 5:30 pm

I love it for what it is. I have the Robotech Protoculture collection. I think they made a wonderful series out of those three seperate shows. It was the way things where done back then. You had to change the original material to get it shown on T.V.. Yes the Macross sequels have not come because Robotech was made. I don't blame Robotech for that. I blame Harmoney Gold. I think Robotech and the original Macross can coexist together. Harmony Gold on the other hand does not feel the same way and that's a shame.
battletech

Postby spark300c » Sun May 26, 2013 4:07 am

Hg is not oppose to let macross over. how ever big west does not what deal with hg and have not desire to export it unless they have all the rights.
spark300c

Postby Sammy Boy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:50 am

I never did watch Robotech, so there are bits I've missed. I watched Macross and Orguss when I was five, so have forgotten almost everything except for explosions in space battles...

I should buy the Macross DVDs someday and watch them again now that I understand things a little more.
Sammy Boy

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews