Shingeki no Kyojin: WHEN THE TITANS ATTACK

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin: WHEN THE TITANS ATTACK

Postby GeneD » Sun May 26, 2013 10:08 am

Episode 8 spoilers: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: For some reason this episode I kept thinking Marco was called Thomas and was really confused for a second when they're like "that's the titan that ate Thomas." Also, I couldn't help but think that their plan with the titans in the supply room was really hinged on the fact that all the titans would approach them at the same time and speed. Obviously it worked out but it's kind of a huge variable to stake your whole plan on.

The music is epic and stirring and so, so deceptive; it makes you feel hopeful.

@A_Yellow_Dress

MANGA SPOILERS. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Yes, I am watching their reactions really closely, they totally had suspicions about the Eren titan from the get go. Notice how they're almost always seen together too.
Last edited by GeneD on Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeneD

Postby Vii » Sun May 26, 2013 11:50 am

I confess, I somehow found out about SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Eren having a Titan form beforehand (It was an accident ;_;), however...

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was under the impression that being in the Titan's stomach somehow "awakened" a titan form of Eren, and he became some sort of shapeshifter. I had no idea he actually took over the titan like a mecha pilot. That's pretty cool.

I have no idea what happens from here on out.

That next episode preview:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The key makes a reappearance, Eren has a weird look on his face, Eren is now an enemy (wut), and Ravioli appears.
Vii

Postby LastLfan » Sun May 26, 2013 4:02 pm

As a free member just saw ep 7, loved it, this show is getting good, i miss eren, hope he returns somehow
LastLfan

Postby dothackzero » Mon May 27, 2013 6:21 pm

So yeah, I watching Joseph Prince. He said something about the Nephilim, after that some the things I started I knew about the Nephilim started running through my head. I realized it sounds like how the Titans are on Attack on Titan. So took a look around and found this...

Attack on Titan: Straight from the Old Testament
http://beneaththetangles.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/attack-on-titan-straight-from-the-old-testament/

I love it when God shows me awesome stuff like this. I just had to share it. ^_^
dothackzero

Postby TWWK » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 am

dothackzero wrote:Attack on Titan: Straight from the Old Testament
http://beneaththetangles.wordpress.com/2013/04/17/attack-on-titan-straight-from-the-old-testament/

I love it when God shows me awesome stuff like this. I just had to share it. ^_^

You're too kind. Those are neat little tidbits that didn't even cross my mind until I read them elsewhere! I wonder if there'll be more to dig into as the series moves forward...
TWWK

Postby JesusJedi » Fri May 31, 2013 5:00 pm

TWWK wrote:
dothackzero wrote:Attack on Titan: Straight from the Old Testament

You're too kind. Those are neat little tidbits that didn't even cross my mind until I read them elsewhere! I wonder if there'll be more to dig into as the series moves forward...

These are some awesome correlations that I never quite noticed! Some really great thoughts that I'll be keeping in mind as I continue watching the series.
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)
JesusJedi

Postby Crossfire » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Episode 9. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The recon team doesn't appear useless anymore, and Eren can apparently turn into a titan at will now.

The music in this ep was pretty good, especially that first bit.
Crossfire

Postby Vii » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 am

Oooh yeah, episode 9, forgot to post about it.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Alright so he IS actually a shapeshifter not a mecha pilot, but he...melts off his titan form every time he reverts back to normal? Interesting.

lol at Armin's face when Eren woke up.

Also, Rivaille looks like a kid sometimes with his height and his hairstyle. >w<
Vii

Postby GeneD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:42 am

Episode 9: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I think it's more like he can generate a titan body to pilot or something, rather than shapeshifting.

Also, I'm not sure they meant to show the Recon Corps as useless but more like how hopeless the fight against the titan really is.

Oh my gosh, I just realised the implication you could make from calling it the Recon Corps.
GeneD

Postby Crossfire » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 pm

GeneD wrote:Episode 9: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Also, I'm not sure they meant to show the Recon Corps as useless but more like how hopeless the fight against the titan really is.

[spoiler]Well, yeah. Though you've got to admit they were still pretty bad before "humanity's counterattack".

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Oh my gosh, I just realised the implication you could make from calling it the Recon Corps.

I lol'd.
Crossfire

Postby Rusty Claymore » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd3AarKRj1s Well, this is pretty much all I can add.

Smile!
Rusty Claymore

Postby Vilo159 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 pm

A friend got me to watch this, and I ended up marathon-ing up to episode 9 last night. Totally worth it. I love the animation, the music is awesome, the characters are surprisingly well defined, great original story, very well done all in all. I really love the combat, it's very unique and really cool to watch. I'm pretty pleased that every time I've come up with speculation as to what will happen next, the show has done something entirely different; it does a great job of doing the unexpected

So, I'm not gonna bother telling my thoughts on all the old episodes, they were all pretty much said all ready, I'll just start with my thoughts on ep. 9:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: First off, it was a bit confusing, because the whole thing about him getting injected has no real place chronologically where it could've happened. But ok, it happened, fine. I'm not sure how I feel about him turning into a titan; it feels like something that's just gonna turn into a horribly abused power that will diminish the normal fighting. I was really looking forward to seeing them learn and grow in combat, and getting a super soldier kinda makes that irrelevant. But, that being said, I trust that the makers know what they're doing, and I'm sure it'll turn out to be really good, one way or another.

Without reading the manga or any spoilers, my guess as to what happens next is that SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Eren, Armin, and Mikasa become refugees in the Maria area, titan territory, and go searching for information on their origin and such. Starting with whatever was in the basement. And then inside the army, all the other important characters start resisting and doing their own thing because the government goes corrupt and the whole system is overthrown in the middle of the next attack and now I'm just pulling stuff from nowhere so I'm gonna stop.
Vilo159

Postby GeneD » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:39 am

Vilo159 wrote:So, I'm not gonna bother telling my thoughts on all the old episodes, they were all pretty much said all ready, I'll just start with my thoughts on ep. 9:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: First off, it was a bit confusing, because the whole thing about him getting injected has no real place chronologically where it could've happened. But ok, it happened, fine.
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: As far as I understand that happened in the time between the fall of Wall Maria and him joining the military, which I think was a period of about a year.
GeneD

Postby blkmage » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:32 pm

Yes, that is correct.
blkmage

Postby Vii » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:36 am

Episode 10: Drama and suspense. Lotsa drama and suspense. Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Armin gets to be awesome. YES.

That illogical commander guy can go get eaten by a Titan. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: THANK YOU PIXIS
Vii

Postby GeneD » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 am

Vii wrote:Episode 10: Also SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Armin gets to be awesome. YES.

This, so much. I think I've mentioned it before but I seriously dig that guy.

MANGA SPOILERS SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Illogical commander guy: "Their actions have always been beyond our comprehension. If they can transform into humans and speak our language, that's just another way for them to fool us!" We may not like you, but Sir, you are correct.
GeneD

Postby Vii » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Vii

Postby JesusJedi » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Today's episode. OMGOSH! Such an amazing ending!
"Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)
JesusJedi

Postby Crossfire » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Eren, wat r u doin
Crossfire

Postby Vii » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:12 pm

What. Eren. No. Stahp.
Vii

Postby Vii » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

If anyone's interested in what the full version of Guren no Yumiya sounds like: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/06/19/video-watch-linked-horizons-full-attack-on-titan-music-video
Vii

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:40 pm

∠( ゚Д゚)/イェェェガァァァァァァァァァァァァァ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 am

Okay so I caught up to episode ten and...

Ridiculously huge manga spoilers SPOILER: Highlight text to read: REINER NO YOU STOP DOING THAT BERTHOLDT NO OKAY CAN YOU BE ACTUALLY CONCERNED THAT ANNIE MIGHT GET INJURED INSTEAD OF HER RECOVERING BECAUSE SBDKJHKGBKBGKBK STOP THAT SHOW
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Vii » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:39 am

Yay more Armin and Mikasa. And Jean. Kinda wish the other characters would be focused on a bit more often, though.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: D'aww blushing Mikasa. ^w^
Vii

Postby Vii » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Episode 13: More Levi, yes. More side characters in general, yess. This episode felt like it actually covered more than five minutes of story, yesss.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Marco died, nooooo...
Vii

Postby Florenzian Parameter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:26 am

so today's episode was like...dbscgbgsuhduiesnhcaheunhuhceshdnxuenuew episode 13!!!!

i cant accept that i have to wait for next week......since i have to review cuz our prelims is as scary and big as Titans.... :dance:

well i want more mikasa,eren,armin and LEVI action awf awf...

and i again my hope and faith to anime was restored....thank god for giving us this epic anime ;)
Florenzian Parameter

Postby Vii » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:47 am

Episode 14:
Much more Scouting Legion, yess.
New OP is awesome. New ED is cool too.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Mikasa's angry face. :3

Geez, Eren regenerates even when he's not in titan form? Is Hanji gonna chop off his finger or something to test this? That would be fun to watch.

Overall, it was a good start to a new arc.
And Eren looks good in a dress shirt.
Vii

Postby ForeverInspired » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:34 pm

The ending to Episode 14 was hilarious... definitely lifted the heavy mood. ;)
ForeverInspired

Postby Crossfire » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Episode 15. Interesting to see Hanji's perspective, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: she really seemed to take the deaths of the captive titans personally.

I think I like the new opening better than the first, the same can definitely be said for the ending music.
Crossfire

Postby GeneD » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

This is the 3rd funniest thing I've seen today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... TscV6yGr0Q The foreground extras/dancers should have been titans. I think Armin got lost backstage.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: RIP Bean and Sonny.
GeneD

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews