Favorite Humunculus

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Which Humunculus is your favorite and why?

Envy, mean and green.
19%
Wrath, straight as a poker and with no sense of humor
16%
Lust, crafty and gorgeous
10%
Sloth, underestimated
No votes
Pride, deceptive and desperate
3%
Glutony, stupid but almost sweet
3%
Greed, dublith style
19%
Greed, Ling style
29%
Father, Dwarf in the flask, whatever you want to call him.
No votes

Total votes: 31

Favorite Humunculus

Postby SierraLea » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:30 pm

I've been watching all my favorite parts of FMA Brotherhood, and thought I'd see who likes which villain best.

Can you guys also say why you picked who you did?
SierraLea

Re: Favorite Humunculus

Postby AndrewinIce » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Well, I'm actually going through FMAB now, about halfway through. So far, like in the first series, my favorite was the first Greed. I just wish he was in it more.

Envy...After watching the first series, he was just a perfect villain. His voice is not deep or scary, yet it sends chills down my spine nonetheless.

Gluttony...He eats people live and has one big stomach...You can't ask for abetter villian~
AndrewinIce

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 am

Envy is my favorite. His issue was the one that resonated the most, I guess. Plus, he makes great weird faces.

Greed is also a top choice just because of his part in the anime. It was nice to see one of the "bad guys" helping out, whatever his end intentions were.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby SierraLea » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:20 am

I actually like the second Greed and Envy too. Both acted surprisingly human at times, but I just love it whenever Envy gets outsmarted. Take That!
SierraLea

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:08 pm

In the first series, my favorite was Lust. She was the most well-rounded, fleshed-out character; she went from being just a seductive villain to one that you could really sympathize with. I love her character arc, and her connection to Scar.

In Brotherhood, my favorite was Envy. He's just so deliciously evil and fascinating, but he also became rather...pitiable, at least, by the end.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby rocklobster » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 am

I voted Greed because he's the only one who's actually heroic, sort of.
rocklobster

Postby AndrewinIce » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:16 pm

Finished the anime today. Greed-Ling is my favorite, followed by Greed-Dublith, and then Envy. Sad to see the end of the show, but amazing end.
AndrewinIce

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Greed-dublith. I've only watched the first anime, and haven't had the pleasure of meeting Greed-Ling.
I felt bad for Lust, and have to say I was happy to see her and Scar in Conqueror of Shamballa; but I couldn't say she's my favorite.
Envy was my favorite, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: until he killed Hughes. Made me sooooo mad.
I liked Wrath a lot, before he turned evil and in Conqueror of Shamballa.
I never liked any of the other homunculi.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby AndrewinIce » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 am

If you want to watch Brotherhood, here's a site that has it dubbed and is legit.

[mod snip: No streaming site is legal for this show unless it's hosted by Funimation (e.g. Hulu, Funi's site or Funi's Youtube channel)]
Last edited by goldenspines on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing illegal link
AndrewinIce

Postby SierraLea » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:57 am

AndrewinIce wrote:Finished the anime today. Greed-Ling is my favorite, followed by Greed-Dublith, and then Envy. Sad to see the end of the show, but amazing end.

I know! But now that I've seen all of both shows, I can't figure out where Sacred Star of Milos fits in.
SierraLea

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Greed Dublith style gets serious props for being a father to his me- I mean "meticulous about his possessions" and honestly had the potential even in the first anime to evolve into at least. an anti-hero.

Furher King Bradley for the simple reason that the man is an undeniable badass leader of a rather kick-butt if polycultural nation. It was in large-part due to him that I was hoping for further escalation on the War front just to see how other FMA leaders measured up.

Lust, well for one thing she is beyond cool. The definite brains among the Hormunculi other than Bradley and Father functioning with ruthless tactical efficiency in executing the plan. The first anime fleshed her out with the pain of loneliness she feels as something almost human, human enough to recognize that she isn't. She was always an interesting character to me despite her favored attire.
KnightOfFive

Postby Vilo159 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I've never watched brotherhood, so some of these options are foreign to me.

I chose Envy, Greed-dublith, and Lust, all for the same reasons as everyone else.

/lazy posting
Vilo159

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:33 am

KnightOfFive wrote:Furher King Bradley for the simple reason that the man is an undeniable badass leader of a rather kick-butt if polycultural nation.

What's wrong with a polycultural nation? :eyebrow:

SierraLea wrote:But now that I've seen all of both shows, I can't figure out where Sacred Star of Milos fits in.

I believe it can fit seamlessly into either anime, back during the part where the brothers are still searching for the Philosopher's Stone, before the main events of the story really get going. That was the impression I got, since the animation style is different from both.
the_wolfs_howl

Postby River Moonlight » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 am

ImageWrath is pretty cute.
River Moonlight

Postby spark300c » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:17 pm

lust then greed.
spark300c

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews