Offical JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (2012) Thread

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Offical JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (2012) Thread

Postby Neane » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is a very long manga, on-going even after all these years. It is the second most GAR action title after Hokuto no Ken, full of martial arts, and superpowers, and gore, and other mindless funny stuff like that. It never got an appropriate full adaptation because of its numerous hiatus and constant time skips. It received a partial adaptation in a set of 90’s OVAs which were decent but also very slow and dull. So here comes a more proper version that will hopefully last enough to get to the juicer parts later on.

In this thread will all JoJo talk be put.

BEGIN!
Last edited by Neane on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neane

Re: Offical JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken (2012) Thread

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

this show is p ballin

sugita Image
blkmage

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:05 pm

blkmage wrote:this show is p ballin

sugita Image

Dat sugita, man.
This episode gave me so much goosebumps
The good kind.

I think this episode's Roundabout transition is the best so far, surpassing even episode 4's transition...and I hope I'm not the only person who keeps re-watching that punch scene over and over again.
Neane

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Oh snap, I forgot this thread existed. I'm sorry, Neane! I've been following this fantastic show religiously since it began. This is the second time in my life I regretted not reading a manga/watching an anime sooner. I should have been reading the Jojo manga about two years ago. But I'm watching the anime now, so that counts.

The first arc was very good. Very, very good.

Also, Jonathan is my favorite Joestar, but Joseph has the best hair.
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm

You know, I think I like it better as an anime. I remember reading the first volume of Steel Ball Run for that thing Fish was running and it took a lot of effort for me to follow what was going on. It's a lot clearer now, seeing the movement in animation. And the voices, dang, son.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:52 pm

blkmage wrote:You know, I think I like it better as an anime. I remember reading the first volume of Steel Ball Run for that thing Fish was running and it took a lot of effort for me to follow what was going on. It's a lot clearer now, seeing the movement in animation. And the voices, dang, son.

Why did you read the 7th manga instead of starting at the beginning?
Neane

Postby blkmage » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:58 pm

blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm

I think it's more that JoJo slowly transitioned from Phantom Blood to SBR, because I've read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency and I was pretty much unable to get into SBR despite my best intentions.

Anyways, I planned to skip this because I've already read parts one and two but I might have to check it out since everyone likes it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Okay, blkmage I see...thanks for the link

goldenspines wrote:
Also, Jonathan is my favorite Joestar, but Joseph has the best hair.

I know, like right?

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:I think it's more that JoJo slowly transitioned from Phantom Blood to SBR, because I've read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency and I was pretty much unable to get into SBR despite my best intentions.

I didn't enjoy Phantom Blood that much when I first read it, but Jonathan becomes a much better character once voice acting is involved.

Anyways, I planned to skip this because I've already read parts one and two but I might have to check it out since everyone likes it.

I planned to skip this

Why.Jpg

The anime is delicious. Watch it. Now.
I mean, Dude, even if you read them, you should really watch the anime. It's like a different experience
Last edited by Neane on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neane

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Neane wrote: I know, like right?
YES

Hat the Man wrote:Anyways, I planned to skip this because I've already read parts one and two but I might have to check it out since everyone likes it.

Yes, do watch it, Hat.
Here's the OP to tide you over while you run to watch the first episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqFvrjhbO8c (ignore the video effect, though. But it's still great)
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:55 pm

joseph joestar, proto-homura
blkmage

Postby Count Zero » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:I think it's more that JoJo slowly transitioned from Phantom Blood to SBR, because I've read Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency and I was pretty much unable to get into SBR despite my best intentions.

Wait, Why didn't you read Stardust Crusaders?
Count Zero

Postby Neane » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:28 am

This is one of the best line deliveries I've ever heard in any media, ever.

Stroheim is incredible. I get worried every time a new cast list full of no-names is released, but David Productions' choices are perfect. I don't remember liking this part in manga anywhere near as much as I did with the anime. I think it's largely because of the excellent and over the top voice work
The recent NHK Documentary talked about how all the staff at David Production are Die-Hard JoJo fans...and it's showing.

Oh, and the first Video Game is coming out soon.

Also:

Neane

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:31 am

Stroheim makes everything exciting in this show (Santana, especially). His laugh is super freaky, though.

You think you can shoot me that NHK documentary, Neane? It sounds interesting. O:

This week's episode was good, but mostly setting up for "the battle to come" (next episode, "Jojo vs. The Ultimate Lifeform"). But we got to see Joseph dress up as a woman and really not fool anyone. XD;
Also, everyone has great lines in this show.
goldenspines

Postby Count Zero » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:53 am

Actually theres a few JoJo games. One even came out in America for PSone, if you want to play it its on XBL and PSN. The link says it'll be coming out in America, which I hope Bandai confirms, so I can buy it twice.
Count Zero

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews