Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

Postby blkmage » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 pm

So apparently, this is headed towards anime-original end. I do have to give them credit for being able to stick with the manga plot for so long, and even now, near the end, they've rearranged and incorporated a lot of stuff from the manga version. I guess we'll see how it goes next week.
blkmage

Re: Magi: Wealth, power, and even immortality if you wish. Tell me what it is you want?

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Is a second season a possibility, or is the ending going to prevent them from doing more than that?
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Crossfire » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:30 pm

I guess it could be possible to do something akin to FMA: B, but I doubt it.
Crossfire

Postby blkmage » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

I've actually just got past where the anime is likely to end. My guess is that if they felt like they needed change things up at this particular moment, it's done, especially since it takes out a particularly important development.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 am

Okay, so it's getting an anime original ending but it's also getting a second season in fall.

わかりませんw┐(´ ∀ `;)┌
blkmage

Postby Crossfire » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:02 pm

All of my what.
Crossfire

Postby blkmage » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Iiiiinteresting. That didn't turn out how I expected it to. Essentially, they edited and rearranged the last portion of the arc so that it made more sense as a season closer. All of the important elements and setpieces were there, but used in a different way. It's an interesting way to go and much preferable to something like Soul Eater or AoEx, which was what I was worried they were going to do. I raised an eyebrow at it, but I think it worked out in the end.
blkmage

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews