Little Busters!: Become stronger

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Little Busters!: Become stronger

Postby creed4 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I waited for crunchy roll to post the first season, so I'm abit behind, though been thorughly impressed with what I've seen
creed4

Postby blkmage » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:18 pm

KazeShiki wrote:P.S. I couldn't help but notice your avatar which looks as strong as 10 Yoshinos :3

「もすっ!」
blkmage

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Episode 19:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: That opening scene...

Anyway, LOL at "It's important to get enough sugar before you use your brains" and all the intentionally-bad puns + Engrish. :grin:

I was rather surprised at how smart Kud actually is, though-- that's a neat side to her character. And the end was super sweet. :hug:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Haruka's route was so bad I considered dropping the show in spite of how far I'd come, but 19 was alright enough I decided not to. "Saigusa lied about failing her test" is some Trinity Blood level dialogue though.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:Haruka's route was so bad I considered dropping the show in spite of how far I'd come, but 19 was alright enough I decided not to. "Saigusa lied about failing her test" is some Trinity Blood level dialogue though.

That's a shame since Haruka route is the most well written route of the heroines, thought that's not really saying much when it's almost universally accepted that all 5 routes are pretty bad. Up to this point, the stories have had pacing issues but have at least included all major plot points, I believe; however, as I said previously, roughly 50% of the route was completely excluded so anime viewers really got shafted for Haruka's story. They also changed a couple things which makes the story seem more inconsistent. Perhaps the most justified complaint would be SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Haruka's complete 180 from hate to acceptance and love, but that too was handled better in the VN (albeit, not by much).
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby blkmage » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 am

Haruka's route is my least favourite because of a combination of finding her irritating and also being able to call every story beat in her route long before it actually happens.
blkmage

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:25 pm

I think enjoyment of routes is heavily dependent on just liking the girl or not due to the stories all being bad in one way or another. When I say Haruka's route is the most well written, it's more like the other routes have more flaws so Haruka's is the best by default. I don't think being predictable is necessarily a negative thing if the execution is still done well but I can accept that being an issue as far as personal taste goes. In the end, it's all relative and I don't actually like any of the [5 heroine] routes heh.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Episode 20:

LOL, that was pretty funny. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And oh my gosh, that rap... :lol: End was cute, too. :)
Last edited by MangaRocks! on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Weird detour into Rin1 but okay.

I think I know how this season is going to end.
blkmage

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I get they're trying to intersperse Rin1 common throughout the season but seriously, why right after Kud route intro?

If the season ends with Anego route end, I think that would be a really good way to end the season except I don't know how they'd transition to Rin1/2.
KazeShiki

Postby blkmage » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:11 am

My guess is SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Kud and Rin1 to finish the season, next season we get common route again, Kurugaya, Rin2, and Refrain.
blkmage

Postby TWWK » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Tempted to read spoilers...must...not...highlight...!
TWWK

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Episode 21:

Oh dear-- meowve/slimeow and the cleaning destroying the world and etc., haha. :grin:

...Man, though, what a way to end the episode. :pikka: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was kinda dreading the end, actually, because I had a feeling right from the moment the TV broadcast mentioned the thing about the reactors that it would not go well... and holy crap :pikka: -- it looks like Kud's mother just died! :(
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:21 pm

Oh this Little Busters anime, why are you so bad? SPOILER: Highlight text to read: So they decided to change up Kud route a lot, which I am completely neutral on just because it's Kud. I mean, the story was bad enough that changing it is probably for the better. But then they throw in more blatant Refrain references for really no reason other than foreshadow is cool in anime medium! Looks like they'll actually attempt to explain Kud route ending a little more than the VN which...is really easy because there was zero explanation to begin with, ha! Kind of funny anime viewers might not have to deal with the complete trash that was Kud route.

small VN spoilers SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I still don't understand why they have a Rin2 scene in those CGs. Refrain is directly after Rin2 soooo...whatever, doesn't matter at this point.
KazeShiki

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Episode 22:

Well, as expected after the ending of the previous episode, this one was pretty serious. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: (And there were some nice little hints about the big plot twist, too, which I always enjoy.) The whole end of the ep. was pretty sweet and touching, though.

...Holy crap, however, that next episode preview-- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: what the... Kud is in chains?! :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Regarding episode preview SPOILER: Highlight text to read: It's funny because the VN never explains it. I mean, you could kind of infer it but it's still the most random plot twist. It's literally Kud leaves; next time you see her, she's in chains what? No explanation.
KazeShiki

Postby blkmage » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:20 am

I wonder if this is the EX version of the route.
blkmage

Postby Zeldafan2 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Okay, I watched the first episode. Have a really good first impression. The characters all look like they are going to be a lot of fun to watch, and the interactions between them is hilarious.

But honestly, i can't say the animation's all that bad. A bit stilted, yes, but I wouldn't say this anime reaches low quality. I'd probably say its more like about average.
Zeldafan2

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Episode 23:

Was it just me, or did this episode seem to have a bit better budget overall? (Not a complaint! :) )

Anyway, this was a great episode. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: The magic surprised me (because I wasn't expecting it at that particular moment), but it makes perfect sense considering what's at the story's entire core :) , and I thought it was pretty cool to see.

And yay, another letter next week! :)
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:07 pm

It seemed less nonsensical than the original version, which, again, makes me wonder if this is this version is taken from EX, since I'd heard that there'd been changes to the route for EX.
blkmage

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:21 pm

blkmage wrote:It seemed less nonsensical than the original version, which, again, makes me wonder if this is this version is taken from EX, since I'd heard that there'd been changes to the route for EX.

I've been told it was in fact an EX adaptation as opposed to original so I guess so. I forget who wrote Kud's route but the original was just such lazy writing. I'd think this is about as "good" as you can make it given the restraints of the silliness of the original.
KazeShiki

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Episode 24:

LOL, that was cute. :grin: And it had lots of SPOILER: Highlight text to read: nice references to the twist, too. :thumb: Also, they got me there at the end-- I seriously thought they were going to have Komari disappear for a minute... :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:29 pm

Solid episode, which was good because this was pretty important.
blkmage

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:54 pm

As much as I hate on LB anime, KomaRin has been the best.
KazeShiki

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:32 pm

Episode 25:

This was great-- SPOILER: Highlight text to read: from the stuff about the secret at both the beginning and the end, to the hilarious bit when they were talking about the other team :grin: , to the serious stuff again with the poor ex-archer girl :pikka: and Kengo being totally awesome! :pikka: :jump: :hug:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:43 pm

Suddenly, baseball sakuga.

They're pushing the secret of the world stuff a little too hard now. I'm inclined to say that they've been handling that thread of the story fairly poorly.
blkmage

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:41 pm

I feel like they focused on the wrong aspect of Kengo's personality at the end. I was sad at lack of jacket but it's in the preview, so maybe we'll get a little more Kengo development before the season ends.
KazeShiki

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:14 pm

Little Busters! ~Refrain~ announcement trailer

Much like another famous Key adaptation, everyone says this second part is where LB! really shines, so I've been looking forward to Refrain from the beginning (and am looking forward to it even more now :) ).

I'm guessing Fall is the soonest it can air (though it would be nice if it happened sooner, of course ;) )... when it does, will we be making a new thread, or reviving this one?

EDIT: About the finale itself, that was an excellent episode, IMO. I'm really liking the openly-enthusiastic version of Kengo, LOL :grin: -- and oh man, the entire episode was so cute and sweet and heartwarming! :hug: You can really feel how close they all are. That was a great wrap-up to the season, as well as a great transition into Refrain when it arrives.
Last edited by MangaRocks! on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby KazeShiki » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:32 pm

hahaha oh man when Haruka Kanata started playing I instinctively (almost) broke down in tears. DON'T PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS LIKE THAT JC STAFF. At least it was just instrumental version but still, that should be reserved for only one scene.

Anyway, kind of got the Kengo development I mentioned. Still disappointed at how little screen time he's gotten. Episode as a whole was good. I don't think there was anything all that important to do with the baseball game, so it was a nice wrap up. Refrain trailer...well hello spoilers. That was a lot of spoilers. =/
KazeShiki

Postby blkmage » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Not a bad spot to end it on. I think the adaptation got better when it handled the latter parts of the common route.

I'm not sure it's what I would've done though. Warning: spoilers ahead, seriously, don't read them unless you've played/read the visual novel, even if you think you've spoiled yourself and might know what's up already, because you really haven't.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I would've tried to finish on Rin1, which would give an excuse to redo the entire common route from the beginning with the ~changes~ which would've reflected Riki's and Rin's growth. And, at least in my head, it makes more sense than going through Rin1 and Rin2 in the same season and it would've saved us from that silly "flashback" foreshadowing and, again, give us a way to see Riki's and Rin's growth, which I think is the aspect that I'm disappointed most in with the anime (I recognize that it's also probably one of the harder parts to adapt).
blkmage

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews