Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm

That was a pretty light episode actually, though the bald head thing was pretty hilarious.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 pm

I think this might be my favorite episode yet. I always appreciate when the other dude is actually a character (see Toradora for the best example of this) and the gags were all pretty great. It was nice that for once the "I CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT GIRLS" best friend guy finally had some consequences other than slapstick violence for what he'd done. Nibutani is still pretty great.

On a side note, I really liked that I noticed that he dropped something and then lo and behold it became a plot point.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Falx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 pm

I think Tsuyuri finds him cute, I just hope he doesn't need to keep his head shaved to keep her attention though.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:25 am

blkmage (post: 1596498) wrote:the best character is still True Nibutani
I might not have agreed with you before this episode but I do now.

I liked that the drama and crazy(awesome) came mostly from the boys this time.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Episode 7:

LOL, the cuteness at the start. :grin: Though it got surprisingly [spoiler]emotional later on, too (plus there was an actual cliffhanger at the end!)--[/spoiler] and I had not expected that-- but it just made me love the show even more. :)

Also: Yuuta is a sweetheart. :hug:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby eightluvver888 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Lol, those are great tan lines.

Remind me why Isshiki went on that trip?
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

After watching the latest Chuunibyou episode, I have to say that I'm a little... worried, with the direction that the series seems to be headed in now. It's a show that stands out for the comedy and the interaction with the characters, so seeing it suddenly go serious mode in this episode with about 80% drama was a little disappointing. Some of it is fine in order to flesh out Rikka as a character, but if this is where the second half of the series is going then it might end up not so good. Ah well, I suppose. Rikka is still cute as ever so all is well in the world.
Neane

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:21 pm

I had to laugh pretty hard at the tanlines. Someone I know in highschool that did that had it toasted into them for MONTHS.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby A_Yellow_Dress » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

@eightluvver888 I think he's there to balance out the estrogen. XD

This last episode really tugged on my heartstrings.

It's the little things in the show that are really making me love it. (Well, the big things too, I guess. XD) Like the book in the last episode, the attention to the little details is great. (I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from KyotoAni...)

Strangely, the show is making me miss my Chuunibyou moments... And grimace at those years as well. XD
"Contract?"
A_Yellow_Dress

Postby goldenspines » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:33 pm

Blast reality. Burst it into shreds. Banishment...this World.

Truthfully this most recent episode hit me rather close to the heart, so I'm biased. But I do really love where this show is going.
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Tooka is actually a ninja.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Or she went to the same cooking school as Casey Ryback.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby DarkNozomi » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:26 pm

OMG This series is amazing! I watched the first episode randomly, and then the next 7 lol. Possibly my new second-favorite series... no lie, it rocks!

I don't think the heavy drama will stay long; they're on summer vacation and should be back to school (and insanity) soon :P
DarkNozomi

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Episode 8: [spoiler]That fight was intense! I actually got goosebumps when the house in Rikka's imagination burned away. What a fantastic visual for what was happening to her mind.

Also, LOL at Isshiki trying to get dating advice, and Rikka going through Yuuta's stuff. :lol:

And everything else-- oh my gosh... this entire episode was incredibly sweet!! :hug: And when Rikka fondly played with Yuuta's hair at the end... <3[/spoiler] I love this show. :hug:
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Falx » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:13 pm

Yes this is exactly how I wanted things to go. Go for it Rikka.

Falx

Postby Vii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:21 am

Rikka's developing a cruuush~
Vii

Postby DarkNozomi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Where do you guys find it online? [mod snip] hasn't got episode 8 yet... and it's not licensed in North America so I can't buy it yet :(
DarkNozomi

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:33 pm

It's against site rules for us to tell you on the boards. Sorry.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby DarkNozomi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:06 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1599319) wrote:It's against site rules for us to tell you on the boards. Sorry.

Um, I don't think it is, or that big post listing everything from crunchyroll and hulu etc. wouldn't be there... but whatever...
DarkNozomi

Postby Vii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:15 pm

Crunchyroll and Hulu are legal anime streaming sites, it's the illegal ones we can't talk about.

Chuu2 just isn't on any of the legal ones. If it were, we'd totally give you a link.
Vii

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Well if it was on CR or Hulu we'd be fine, but Chuu2 isn't liscenced anywhere that we know of, except in Japan. Believe me I'm quite aware of how the rules work.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby DarkNozomi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Vii (post: 1599336) wrote:Crunchyroll and Hulu are legal anime streaming sites, it's the illegal ones we can't talk about.

Chuu2 just isn't on any of the legal ones. If it were, we'd totally give you a link.

Oh, that makes sense, sorry. I guess my question hadn't been clear, as I didn't know there were no legal sites. Sorry again!
DarkNozomi

Postby Vii » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:21 pm

No problem. ^_^
Vii

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Episode 9: [spoiler]Well, Rikka not realizing that it was love was very much expected, but I was glad to see that her confusion was quickly remedied by Shinka. :grin: Literally LOL'd at the second-to-last 'staged' scene (when Rikka accidentally headbutted Yuuta + the line she said afterwards), too :lol:; and the talk Yuuta had with her on the roof was sweet. :)

Speaking of the roof, though, I do have to say that the almost-falling-off bit there at the end was slightly too cliche for me to take it quite as seriously as it was intended :sweat:; but gah, the hug afterwards was awesome, so that totally made up for it (and then some!). :jump::hug:[/spoiler]
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:58 pm

>mfw
blkmage

Postby Falx » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

The added irony of Shinka also actually being clueless but pretending to know all about love while teaching from a Shoujo manga is delicious.

And lol at poor Isshiki... can't catch a break.

Although good luck getting through to Kumin, she's probably the most clueless of them all.

Falx

Postby Vii » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm glad they didn't drag out the "zomg what are these feels I have for Yuuta?!" thing excessively.

I think Rikka's chuu2 antics are starting to bug me more than they used to.

As for the ending scenes, I rather liked the falling off the roof part. Yeah it was contrived, yeah there was really no sense of peril, but hey, that hug was adoooorable (But, Kyoani, did you really need full 360 degree turns and a fisheye lens effect with a sunset background?)

Also, did I hear something about after parties and dancing? I would lurve to see Yuuta and Rikka dance together. It's...just a thought, though.

EDIT: Forgot about Touka! I loved how she slinked out from under the bed. I'm fully convinced she is a ninja.
Vii

Postby goldenspines » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 pm

This, children, is what love is like when you're young. Observe closely.

With every episode, I find my past coming back to curse me with its Evil Eye.

Vii wrote: But, Kyoani, did you really need full 360 degree turns and a fisheye lens effect with a sunset background?
Yes, it did. I expected nothing less. *w*

Good episode, though. Also dance aerobics Touka, yes.
goldenspines

Re: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Episode 10: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH the first half was so adorable!!! :hug: :hug:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: And ROTFL at Isshiki's head-on-shoulder moment, hahaha!! :lol: :lol:

Also: That scene after the ED! :pikka:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby eightluvver888 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm

So kawaaaaaaaiiiiiiiii! :XD:
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Best confession ever, haha. Then a bicycle goes by.

But I wanted to see the all-out fight between Dark Flame Master and Wicked Eye.

Post-ED moment was funny, too.:P
eightluvver888

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews