Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Rikka's sister = BEST CHARACTER

Also I just watched Black Lagoon and that action sequence was 10000000x better than anything in that show.

Also this show is kind of boring when he's with class rep, I really hope we learn her dark secret or something very soon because she's the only real mark against this.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby GeneD » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:50 am

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs (post: 1592792) wrote:Also this show is kind of boring when he's with class rep, I really hope we learn her dark secret or something very soon because she's the only real mark against this.
It's interesting to note how different Yuuta acts around her though, compared to Rikka. Assuming that Yuuta and Rikka are the end game couple, it will be interesting to see if Yuuta's behaviour towards her changes significantly or not.

Incidentally, class rep's hair clip annoys me. As far as I can tell it serves no purpose in that position and it's just going to make her fringe heavy and flat.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:17 pm

GeneD (post: 1592887) wrote:It's interesting to note how different Yuuta acts around her though, compared to Rikka. Assuming that Yuuta and Rikka are the end game couple, it will be interesting to see if Yuuta's behaviour towards her changes significantly or not.

Incidentally, class rep's hair clip annoys me. As far as I can tell it serves no purpose in that position and it's just going to make her fringe heavy and flat.

I suspect that class rep isn't as normal as she seems. We already have our 'straight man' and 'stop doing this' people in family members of Yuuta and Rikka. I'm expecting a charachter that's less Yui from K-On and more Mugi... seems normal until she really gets going.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Thoughts on ep. 3:

LOL at the rice-eating and reaction! :lol: And Rikka should totally just join the drama club. :grin: Also, new girl Sanae was hilarious-- I especially loved the bit where [spoiler]she accidentally wrapped herself up to near-complete immobility in her own hair, and then proceeded to stay that way for minutes afterward while they were all talking, LOL! :lol:[/spoiler] Plus that 'battle' that she and Rikka had, as well as its... uh... resolution, were fantastic! :lol:

Finally: [spoiler]And now Shinka joins their group, too, as was expected; though I am mildly curious as to why she did so. Of course, it's most likely because she secretly was/is a chuunibyou, too; but we'll see. :grin:[/spoiler] This show is so good. :grin:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:36 pm

relevant

lost it at the floor fighting cut
blkmage

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Sanae - and we thought Rikka was bonkers...

Also... referencing the light music club as 'a place to find cute girls'... are they teasing the K-On fans?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Falx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Hmmm,

Am I the only who thought that Nibutani *possible future reveal spoiler* [spoiler]might actually be Summer Forest?[/spoiler]

Edit:

Put in spoilers because lots of evidence I'm right.

Evidence as follows:

[spoiler]So the author of the book is called "Mori Summer." Mori is forest in Japanese. Nibutani Shinka, her first name uses the kanji 森夏. In naming conventions that's Shinka. However: 森 = mori and 夏 = natsu... which is summer.[/spoiler]
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby GeneD » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 am

Why would no one join a nap club? What is wrong with these kids?!

Yuuta and his reactions really sell this show for me. "I wanna go back and punch myself in the face!" And how he immediately knows how to react to Sanae.

And oh my gosh I totally do that with my food. Something I don't like can totally contaminate the other things on the plate. ^__^
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby Falx » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:11 am

I used to have lots of things I wouldn't eat.

All it took was a few days of not knowing when my next meal would come to drastically shorten that list.

Snails are still totally on that list though.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby GeneD » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 am

Falx (post: 1593541) wrote:I used to have lots of things I wouldn't eat.

All it took was a few days of not knowing when my next meal would come to drastically shorten that list.

Snails are still totally on that list though.
Personally it's not so much about what I do and don't eat, but that I don't like different kings of food touching on my plate. Side plates FTW.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby blkmage » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

Falx (post: 1593530) wrote:Hmmm,

Am I the only who thought that Nibutani *possible future reveal spoiler* [spoiler]might actually be Summer Forest?[/spoiler]

Edit:

Put in spoilers because lots of evidence I'm right.

Evidence as follows:

[spoiler]So the author of the book is called "Mori Summer." Mori is forest in Japanese. Nibutani Shinka, her first name uses the kanji 森]

Yeah, that's almost definitely the case then.
blkmage

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Nibutani for new best character
blkmage

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Episode 4:

Haha, yep, just as expected! [spoiler](Although her personality shift was slightly unexpected, at least to that high of a degree. That's a good thing, though, for Yuuta's sake. ;))

Other great things this ep.: Well, I *loved* the homemade special-effects :lol:, and that message that Yuuta had sent to his old crush back when he was a chuunibyou was hilarious! :grin:[/spoiler] Also, the way this is going, I fully expect to see a Yuuta relapse in the future (I mean, come on, with those fantastic fighting visuals we simply *have* to see the "DARK FLAME MASTER!!" in action at some point :grin:).
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Nibutani...

can I say called it?
[SPOILER]She's a male Yuuta. Except nobody believes her except him. And she flipped back to her chuu persona a LOT faster than him. And she's more willing to use it to get what she wants. And the one with the most severe reactions to it... resulting in the end scenario.[/SPOILER]

And I totally agree with seeng Yuuta relapse. It has to happen. Preferably in a huge multimelee with all 4 of them just for over the top extremeness.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Falx » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

ROVE YOU FOREVER

The pain, it burns my soul hnnnggg

Falx

Postby blkmage » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 am

[spoiler]My favourite reveal for Nibutani wasn't her chuuni persona but her real Kawashima Ami-like personality. That turned out much better than if she were just another Yuuta or suppressed Rikka.[/spoiler]
blkmage

Postby eightluvver888 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Nice call with the name! There will be some interesting fights of chaos in the future. :)
[SIZE="3"][/SIZE][font="Garamond"]Oh no, he's already fallen off one building today!
[SIZE="1"]MAL[/SIZE][/font]
eightluvver888

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah, the whole time I was thinking that she was like Ami which is great.

Older sister is still the best though.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Episode 5:

LOL! (And yes, I know, I pretty much always say that when talking about this series; but really, how can I not? :thumb:) Oh, that teacher. :grin: And all the stuff with the math. :grin::grin:

Plus, there were some really sweet little Yuuta and Rikka moments in this ep. as well (and the very end-- so cute! :hug:).

Next episode, please! :)
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:02 pm

realistic depiction of mathematics
blkmage

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Chuunibyou episode 5:

My reaction.
Neane

Postby GeneD » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:19 am

This anime is going to ruin the word "death" for me.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby blkmage » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:52 pm

blkmage

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 am

"Electronic Protocol Code"
"Email address."
"Some call it that."

And the sister remains awesome.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:27 pm

my MSN e-mail address is the hotmail account that I created when I was like not even a chuuni, thank god all of my new friends just find me on facebook now
blkmage

Postby goldenspines » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 pm

blkmage (post: 1595977) wrote:my MSN e-mail address is the hotmail account that I created when I was like not even a chuuni, thank god all of my new friends just find me on facebook now
Pretty much this for me too. >_>

Man, this anime is going great. Rikka was so happy when she got the new protocol code. *w*
goldenspines

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Episode 6:

Oh man, that purposefully-ridiculous Isshiki melodrama was hilarious!! :lol: [spoiler]Indeed, I was laughing all through the episode... but I totally lost it at the two even-more-ridiculously-dramatic (basically 'going to his death'-type) scenes where Isshiki gives his confession speech and then where both he *and Yuuta* were sobbing over the head-shave. :lol:[/spoiler] And on a more serious note :), the hand bit was such a sweet little moment (loved how [spoiler]time seemed to slow for Yuuta there for a few moments :)).[/spoiler]
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Falx » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:04 am

Looks like Rikka is starting to crush on Yuuta, whether she realizes it or not.

That sketch she did of him was way too bishie :D

Wish they showed a clear shot of his though.

Falx

Postby blkmage » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

the best character is still True Nibutani

blkmage

Postby Neane » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:19 pm

This is how I imagine Onani Master Kurosawa would look animated as well as the scene at the railway crossing being a KyoAni version of 5 cm per second.
Neane

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews