Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm

yessssss
blkmage

Re: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!: Mom, I told you, my name is DARK FLAME MASTER

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

A pretty good episode but honestly my favorite part was the preview for Tamako Market.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Vii » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:19 pm

I think that's gotta be my favorite episode yet.
Vii

Postby Falx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Man, Isshiki... at least make sure she's awake.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby MangaRocks! » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:55 pm

...And now I finally just watched all the "Lite" episodes-- they were pretty cute. :grin: (And that ED... :lol: )
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:06 pm

KyoAni upped the drama but kept the underlying conflict too subtle, resulting in I don't know what is going on or where this is going.
blkmage

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Episode 11: ...Yeah, wow. SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I wish they would have actually shown the argument/talk that Yuuta had with Rikka in the previous episode, because I'd like to know just what he said to get that dramatic of a reaction out of her. :sweat: Despite some of the good that came out of her changes, though, it was still kinda depressing. :sweat: Looking forward to the resolution next week-- I'm trusting that it'll be a good one. :)
Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby DarkNozomi » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 am

How oh how did this go from being my favorite new anime series, to being one I can barely stomach??? The first three episodes, I couldn't sit still because I was laughing so hard. The last three episodes, no humor, almost no action; just meaningless drama... at this point the only person who's keeping me watching the series is Dekomori, which makes me feel like a certain internet bear :S

I really hope they go back to the dynamic they had in the first few episodes...
DarkNozomi

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Mr. Hat'n'Clogs wrote:honestly my favorite part was the preview for Tamako Market.

Actually, that's not true. My favorite part was Yuuta yelling at Dekomori at the end and her bursting into sobs which was hilarious.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:58 pm

*grabs Hat and throws him out a third floor window...into a shark tank below*

Growing up is tough, isn't it? ;_;
I trust you to finish this off well, KyoAni.
goldenspines

Postby blkmage » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:16 pm

what

so how about that tamako market
blkmage

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Show of the year.

Tamako Market, I mean.

Anyways, the show was pretty good. I think the biggest problem as far as me being impressed with it is that it came right on the heels of Hyouka so I had gigantic expectations, but I think it turned out to be pretty enjoyable in spite of those expectations. Seriously though, Tamako Market man.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby goldenspines » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Oh you guys. e_e

Forget freaking mochi stores for a minute, this finale of Chuuni was brilliant! I personally was quite happy with it. There were so many great parts that all came together very well in the end. Heart warming would be the term to describe it. :3
Plus, it was pretty, but everything by KyoAni is pretty. But man, those lights.
goldenspines

Postby MangaRocks! » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Thoughts on the finale: SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sanae is so pretty with that hairstyle! :) Also, LOL at Kumin becoming "Wicked Eye" #2, and Yuuta's message to himself. And oh my gosh, Rikka 'watching' Yuuta for two years was so cute. And then his 'rescue' of her-- so romantic!! :hug: (And haha at the others all helping out, too! :grin: ) Plus: YES! Finally, the "Dark Flame Master" "banishing the world" and 'showing' her the Ethereal Horizon so she could finally say goodbye! Oh man, that scene was so beautiful. :sniffle: And LOL with the police-chasing-bike bit afterwards. :grin:

Gah, this was such a good ending. :hug:
Thank you KyoAni!
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Vii » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:08 am

Man, that was a good ending.
Vii

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:54 am

New Christmas OVA coming in June! :jump:

(...And darn it, KyoAni, that last scene had better not just be a tease! :P )
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Falx » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Finally got around to watching the last three episodes: I'll be honest, I'm not sure what exactly the message was the series was trying to convey there at the end. I'm sure it makes perfect sense if you're Japanese, but whatevs. Now I gotta admit, when I saw Kumin with the eyepatch for the very first time I had to pause I started laughing so hard.

Also what last scene? Did I miss something? Did I get screwed out of something post credits by {gg]?
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby goldenspines » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:10 pm

I think MangaRocks was referring to the last scene in the OVA preview that was link, where, in the last scene of the trailer, Yuuta and Rika are THIS CLOSE, OHMAHGAAAAH

Huh, you didn't see a message in Chuu2? It's not cultural specific really (you don't have to be Japanese to see it), though the presentation was Japanese, I suppose (but, that's like every anime because they are made in Japan, so I'm not sure). Chii2 is about discovering what growing up is all about. It's accepting who you are and the reality and responsibilities around you, but still not losing your sense of adventure and imagination that your Chuunibyou self held so dear.
goldenspines

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm

goldenspines wrote:I think MangaRocks was referring to the last scene in the OVA preview that was link, where, in the last scene of the trailer, Yuuta and Rika are THIS CLOSE, OHMAHGAAAAH

^ Correct. :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby Falx » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 pm

So the "episode 13" OVA came out, not as funny as I was expecting.

Kyoani sure are trolls though.

Falx

Postby Vii » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:46 am

Episode 13: That was cute.

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Add that to the list of anime scenes that could have been a kiss, but were actually a hug. :<
Vii

Postby MangaRocks! » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Episode 13:

...I knew it, LOL. :P SPOILER: Highlight text to read: I was definitely *not* expecting that *other* accidental kiss that happened instead, though, so they certainly got me there... :forehead: :grin:

Anyway, this was pretty adorable, and I literally LOL'd a number of times during it as well, so in all IMO it was a pretty great ep. :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:39 pm

forgot how moe yuuta was
blkmage

Postby DarkNozomi » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:35 pm

I am sooo looking forward to the second season.
DarkNozomi

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews