[Let's Watch!] Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: magical girls with Faustian themes

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 pm

blkmage (post: 1533357) wrote:Still waiting on my shipment, but if you didn't buy it yet and haven't watched it yet, Paella Mugi Meduka Meguca is going to be on Crunchyroll.
And Crackle and Hulu too.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I promised goldy I'd do this, so.

My housemate said that he found a package today under the recycling bin at our house's side door. Bad delivery people. But, I knew what was inside the box. Luckily, I didn't get hit with the customs charges stick this time.

No, Kyubey doesn't come with the LE. Unfortunately, yes, that card did come with the release. But now you know how I can afford Aniplex releases.

These postcards are the endcards for each of the episodes and I don't care what anyone says, physical endcards are an awesome extra.

This booklet is full of goodies, including drawings, art, interviews with staff and cast (in this particular volume it was Shinbo, Aoi Yuuki, and Saitou Chiwa), and most importantly...

AOKI UME 4-PANEL STRIPS HELLS YEAH

Here are the disc cases.

And here's what's inside! The left disc is the BD and the right one is the DVD. If you look closely at the lining of the case, it's actually the JP cover art for volume 2 (since we get half the number of volumes they do) and you can somehow crack open the case to flip it over.

Here's the menu.

Here's the Magia PV. It's an extra. Yay, Kalafina!

You'll recall that the ED for the first two episodes was, well, nothing. They've used Madoka's character song (which was an extra in the JP LE vol 1 BD).

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
blkmage

Postby goldenspines » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:23 pm

\o.o/
Glad you finally saved it from the recycling bin/got it in the mail, Blkmage! All the extras that came with it seem well worth the money~ I'm jelly of those endcards. O:

Your kyuubey plushie peaking over the end of the screen. D8
goldenspines

Postby Maokun » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:24 pm

That plushie Kyubei will never leave my nightmares.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby MangaRocks! » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Nate (post: 1534833) wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBNkIQzg_iM

Shut up and contract.
^ LOL!! That's... actually pretty awesome. :lol:

On another note, my copy of the first LE volume arrived today! :jump: (And I've been listening to the soundtrack ever since. :thumb:)
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm

MangaRocks! wrote:^ LOL!! That's... actually pretty awesome. :lol:

That's not even the best Madoka one.

That would be Venari slamas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLFDLVgaVc

For a bit of an easter egg, translate the runes on that video. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby blkmage » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

Pictures of the next LE volume are up, looks like they're throwing in another poster instead of the stickers this time. Otherwise, it looks like the same deal as last time.

blkmage

Postby Neane » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Neane

Postby Lynna » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 am

I've joined the Madoka Party late. I just finished the 12th episode! :D
I was a little confused as to exactly what had happened at the end. For example, that part where
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sayaka and Madoka were watching that boy play the violin? I just didn't get how Sayaka was there. For a moment I thought she had come back to life, then I realised she hadn't :( But I still don't get how she was there...Also, apparently because she made such a wish she no longer ever existed on the earth?? That's a little sad, even though she's kind of omnipresent now...
still, even though the ending was a little confusing, I think it was fairly well done, and it was happy instead of dark :)
Also, I felt so sad when SPOILER: Highlight text to read: Sayaka became a witch and Kyoko died. I knew it was coming, but I had just became very attached to Kyoko T.T

Also, All through the series I was waiting for the significance of that little black cat to be revealed. I was going to complain about that here untill I found out from a previous link to a drama CD...still, I was disappointed that the cat didn't appear in the show...
Awesome anime! There were some parts in there where I got really sad and it hurt too much for tears :'( But I'm glad it had a happy ending!
I can't wait till the films come out! :D

Also, Kyuubey was throughout the show a great source of both lulz and creepyness. I laughed so hard when he said
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: If you ever feel like dying for the universe, just call us! We'll be waiting!
And at the end
SPOILER: Highlight text to read: When he was talking to Homura, and he was expressing admiration for the plan of making witches, and Homura said "Well, our relations with you were much worse"
Last edited by Lynna on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Falx » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Lynna (post: 1541010) wrote:I've joined the Madoka Party late. I just finished the 12th episode! :D
I was a little confused as to exactly what had happened at the end. For example, that part where
[spoiler] Sayaka and Madoka were watching that boy play the violin? I just didn't get how Sayaka was there. For a moment I thought she had come back to life, then I realised she hadn't :( But I still don't get how she was there...Also, apparently because she made such a wish she no longer ever existed on the earth?? That's a little sad, even though she's kind of omnipresent now...[/spoiler]

Explanation in spoiler:

[spoiler]Madoka's wish was to defeat all witches, past, present and future. So the universe rewrote itself so that now when Sayaka turned, Madoka was there to save her. Madoka just let Sayaka see the boy she loved living his dream like she wished for because they were best friends.[/spoiler]
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby wildpurplechild » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm only on ep 6 so I probably should have avoided this thread to prevent spoilers but I'm going to anyway. I got my friend into this too. Episode 3, he said "I saw that coming."
Heads up, I don't go on this site much these days...
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11
wildpurplechild

Postby Neane » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 am

Neane

Postby Atria35 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:46 pm

The first and second Madoka Magica movies are coming this October to select theaters in the US!
Atria35

Postby Neane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Neane

Postby Atria35 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I don't know if anyone else here is a fan of Mark Reads/Mark Watches, but vey soon he'll be writing his awesome episode-by-episode reactions to Puella Magi Madoka Magica!

(warning: site is awesome, but there is some strong language including f-bombs. Read and watch at your own discretion.)
Atria35

Postby Neane » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 am

Neane

Postby Neane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Neane

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:38 pm

I'm starting to get irritated with this a bit. I'm not sure why you need to add more onto this story.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Atria35 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:19 am

mechana2015 (post: 1592846) wrote:I'm starting to get irritated with this a bit. I'm not sure why you need to add more onto this story.

I'm supposing it's the same reason they need to keep adding onto/redoing Evangelion. *shrug*
Atria35

Postby Maokun » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Atria35 (post: 1592893) wrote:I'm supposing it's the same reason they need to keep adding onto/redoing Evangelion. *shrug*

Don't you go dissing Rebuild of Eva miss! (More seriously speaking, I'm looking forward your review of them at goinginblindly. Please let me know when you do.) :)

For those interested, the first two movies of Madoka have already been released in Japan. The first one is a "director's cut" of the first 8 episodes of the series (emphasis in "cut": no material is added, just cut in the name of better pacing and cinematic language.) The second movie is simply episodes 9 to 12 without cuts or additions beyond an alternative ending after the credits.

The third movie (and beyond?) will be original content.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Third Movie Trailer leaked.

Watching the trailer my guess is they can definitely manage to do a sequel of sort using alternate realities and timespace stuff. Tatami Galaxy style.
Neane

Postby Maokun » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:26 pm

... all those pink eyes.. lighting up in the darkness... my poor heart almost couldn't take it.

Maokun

Postby blkmage » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

The new Kalafina music for the movie is really great.
blkmage

Postby Neane » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:37 am

The two Madoka movies earned more than a billion yen.
Gaining that much money from two movies with barely any new material compared to the main series is pretty impressive.

Shaft must be swimming in money at this moment.
Neane

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:46 am

Neane the trailer you linked is gone.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Neane » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm

^
I can't find the trailer for the third movie, the powers that be took it off the internet. :(

The Madoka Movies are to be streamed in Ohio, Seattle and Pittsburgh

So people who live in Ohio can now watch it.
Neane

Re:

Postby Neane » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:17 am

mechana2015 wrote:Neane the trailer you linked is gone.

It took a while, but I found the trailer:
Here's the Trailer for the Third Movie.

EDIT: Sooooo Sorry. I linked the wrong video. I posted the correct one now.

Oh, and the lines that get their subtitles at the top cut off are something like "Isn't that Hitomi's nightmare?" and "Isn't that what you described to me before, a Witch or something?"
Last edited by Neane on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neane

Re: [Let's Watch!] Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: magical girls with Faustian themes

Postby Falx » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 am

Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Re: [Let's Watch!] Puella Magi Madoka★Magica: magical girls with Faustian themes

Postby Neane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Haruhi brought the universe (The bringer of worlds)
Rei brought the human race (the great Mother.)
Lain brought the connection & comunication between humanity (The all-seeing one)
Madoka brought hope (The Light of Hope)

And therefore let us pray,

Our Madokami in heaven,
hallowed be Her name.
Your cakedom come,
Her work be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily pocky,
and forgive us our despair,
as we also have forgiven our griefer.
And lead us not into wishes,
but deliver us from kyubey.