151 Seiyuu: From Hirano Aya to Wakamoto Norio

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:00 am

Yamaguchi Kappei~
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby blkmage » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:36 am

[SIZE="5"]71. Goto Yuko (後藤邑子)[/SIZE]

Goto Yuko is most well-known for her huge role as Asahina Mikuru in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. For the most part, her voice tends to stay in that range, but her roles not so much. None of her other roles are quite as vulnerable as Mikuru. Hiro from HidaSketch is motherly, Anya from Geass barely says anything, and Abiru from SZS is kinda just there. I don't think she's a very strong fit with more aggressive roles like Hikari from Special A and her singing work in Special A left very much to be desired. Her most hilarious role is still as Kate the Canadian from Sketchbook. Finally, while she's known for her softer voice and roles, she is also known to be a biker, as alluded to in the Lucky Star episode that she showed up in as herself.

Major Roles
Shuffle! (Kaede Fuyou)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Mikuru Asahina)
Hidamari Sketch (Hiro)
Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei (Abiru Kobushi)
Sketchbook ~full color'S~ (Kate)
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (Miyu Kuonji)
Special A (Hikari Hanazono)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 (Anya Alstreim, Mutsuki Minase, Monika Kruszewski)

[SIZE="5"]72. Ishida Akira (石田彰)[/SIZE]

Ishida Akira has had a number of important roles, the most notable of which are in Evangelion, as Kaworu, and Gundam Seed, as Athrun. He still does plenty of roles in recent shows, but none are quite as prominent as his earlier roles. While he may be known for doing more serious characters, there is one role that he did that really stood out to me, and that's as Bamboo Blade's Dan. You should compare and contrast, because that role is amazing.

Major Roles
Bamboo Blade (Danjuuro Eiga)
Chrono Crusade (Chrono)
D.N.Angel (Satoshi Hiwatari)
Gundam SEED (Athrun Zala)
Naruto (Gaara)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Kaworu Nagisa)
Natsume Yuujin Chou (Natori Shuuichi)
Negima!: Magister Negi Magi (Fate Averruncus)
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto (Head)

[SIZE="5"]73. Ise Mariya (伊瀬茉莉也)[/SIZE]

She's only been working for a few years, but in the last few years she's been starting to pick up more and more roles. There's nothing out of the ordinary for her career so far in terms of spikes in popularity or anything. Her role in PreCure is probably the biggest one she's had so far, but she definitely still has time to pick up a really big role in a more prominent production.

Major Roles
Yes! Pretty Cure 5 (Urara Kasugano)
Penguin Musume Heart (Kujira Eturofu)
Hatsukoi Limited (Ayumi Arihara)
Ookami Kakushi (Nemuru Kushinada)
Durarara!! (Mika Harima)
Hanamaru Kindergarten (Hinagiku)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (Stocking)
blkmage

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Uh...guess I heard Ishida Akira's voice as Zaki (Raki's older brother) in Claymore. I'm interested to hear what he sounds like as Chrno, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:48 am

No, I haven't forgotten and I hope you haven't either. ლ(╹‿╹ლ)

[SIZE="5"]74. Itou Shizuka (伊藤静)[/SIZE]

She's got a fairly impressive number of roles. Her voice is lower than the usual insane pitch that you might associate with seiyuu, which means her voice sounds normal. Her best known roles are the smart, beautiful, and confident ones (Haruka, Hinagiku, Akiha). Of course, she's done other personalities too, like the Shana's Wilhelmina, who's much less emotive than her usual roles, or Gurren Lagann's Boota, literally a pig.

Major Roles
Shingetsutan Tsukihime (Akiha Tohno)
Texhnolyze (Ran)
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Rei Hasekura)
To Heart 2 (Tamaki Kousaka)
D.Gray-man (Lenalee Lee)
Shakugan no Shana (Wilhelmina Carmel)
xxxHolic (Himawari Kunogi)
Hayate no Gotoku! (Hinagiku Katsura)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Boota, Darry)
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de (Kuonji Shinra)
Saki (Hisa Takei)
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi (Ryoko Okami)
Working!! (Kozue Takanashi)
Amagami SS (Haruka Morishima)
blkmage

Postby Atria35 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Y'know, I really liked Lenalee's voice. She was one of the few female characters in anime that my mom could stand to listen to, too. I can't saw that I like all her roles (Working!! drove me off a cliff!) but she has some.... not very solid roles behind her. I'd like to see her in a better anime.
Atria35

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Wow, it took a while, but we're halfway through now. Congratulations, all.

[SIZE="5"]75. Ishizuka Unshou (石塚運昇)[/SIZE]

This guy is probably most recognizable today as the voice of several roles in Pokemon as well as several Pokemon. He's got a deep voice that you'll probably piece together it's him once you've watched several of his roles. I mean, I found out about a lot of these just now, but I can still hear them and they really do sound alike. He's been on a loooot of popular shows.

Major Roles
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Van Hohenheim)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Job Trünicht)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Sergei Smirnov)
Naruto (Zabuza Momochi)
Pocket Monsters (Doctor Ookido)
So Ra No Wo To (Krauss)
Xam'd: Lost Memories (Ryuuzou Takehara)

[SIZE="5"]76. Taniyama Kishou (谷山紀章)[/SIZE]

I'm guessing his biggest role is as the main character from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts on these shores). He's had a steady stream of roles, with his more recently recognizable ones being Kittan from TTGL and Hanai from OoFuri. Just going on those three roles that I listed (which are incidentally the ones I've watched), I've noticed that they're three very different roles, so I guess he is a pretty decent voice actor.

Major Roles
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Takayuki Narumi)
Midori Days (Seiji Sawamura)
Ookiku Furikabutte (Azusa Hanai)
Special A (Yahiro Saiga)
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Kittan)
La Corda D'Oro (Len Tsukimori)

[SIZE="5"]77. Hayami Shou (速水奨)[/SIZE]

Apparently he sings. But, most people will probably know him as Aizen. He's done a bunch of other stuff too. It's kind of weird to see that Aizen is voiced by a guy who also voiced one of Reinhard's admirals.

Major Roles
Baccano! (President of DD News)
Bleach (Sousuke Aizen)
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (Rear Admiral Ginias Saharin)
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Adalbert von Fahrenheit)
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (Maximilian Jenius)
Yakitate Japan (Meister Kirisaki)
blkmage

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:27 pm

I've definitely heard Hayami Shou all over the place, but I didn't know he sang. Hmmmm...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Falx » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:03 am

Van Hohenheim was such a great character.
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:37 am

Ishizuka Unshou made an awesome Hohenheim; he fit the character perfectly. He's also Quent in Wolf's Rain! The old guy hunting wolves! I always liked him, especially at the end with Toboe... :waah!:

But I lol'd when I discovered that he's also the voice of Brilliant Dynamites Neon from Trigun :dizzy:

Taniyama Kishou did Shuusui Hayasaka from Busou Renkin :shady: Blech. Wish I knew him in a better role.

Ooooh! Hayami Shou was Archer in the first FMA! His voice was so similar to Okawa Toru's that it could sometimes be a little confusing :P And he's Wolfwood in Trigun! Cool!
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby blkmage » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:02 pm

A lady got arrested today for sending a kitchen knife to Hayami Shou's house, how timely.

[SIZE="5"]78. Hirohashi Ryou (広橋涼)[/SIZE]

Hirohashi Ryou is kind of strange because she has a really distinctive voice when she's voicing her more archetypical socially awkward younger female characters. But, once she's not doing that voice, as in Clannad or Baccano!, it's impossible to tell that she's the same seiyuu. Anyway, just listen to her roles in some of those other shows and you'll see what I mean, because it's absurdly easy to pick out.

Major Roles
Haibane Renmei - Rakka
Aria the Animation - Alice Carroll
Negima - Anya
Baccano! - Chane Laforet
Bamboo Blade - Tamaki Kawazoe
Clannad - Kyou Fujibayashi
Denpateki na Kanojo - Ame Ochibana
Taishou Baseball Girls - Tamaki Ishigaki
Working!! - Yamada Aoi
blkmage

Postby Falx » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 pm

Oh man I looked at some of her other roles. I would never in a million years have guessed those were the same person!

She was the freaking teacher in Sketchbook too!
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

Falx

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:32 am

RAKKA!!!! ^_^ I love Hirohashi Ryou's voice for Rakka. So sweet and soft....

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am

Falx (post: 1439482) wrote:Oh man I looked at some of her other roles. I would never in a million years have guessed those were the same person!

She was the freaking teacher in Sketchbook too!

Yeah, like, her Alice, Tamaki, Yamada, and Ame all sound exactly the same, but she sounds nothing like Kyou.
blkmage

Postby TWWK » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:33 am

blkmage (post: 1440089) wrote:Yeah, like, her Alice, Tamaki, Yamada, and Ame all sound exactly the same, but she sounds nothing like Kyou.

Seriously...Kyou and Tamaki? Very cool.

But even though Tamaki and Yamada are both kind of deadpan, I think their voices are quite different. I could be remembering Yamada's wrong, though...
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Falx » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 am

Yamada was the best character in Working!!

Falx

Postby TWWK » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:53 am

Falx (post: 1440552) wrote:Yamada was the best character in Working!!

People loved her...I think she did really well in that whole moe tournament thingy, which is funny since she was really such a minor character. But she was funny, and if I'm remember her voice right (back on topic), it was terrific.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby blkmage » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:21 pm

[SIZE="5"]79. Shiraishi Ryoko (白石涼子)[/SIZE]

Her most notable role is as Hayate, which is notable in that it's unlike most of her other roles, which really span the gamut. She doesn't have many other huge roles like that.

Major Roles
Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate Ayasaki)
Kaidan Restaurant (Ako Ozora)
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (Miyuki Takamachi)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season (Anew Returner)
Magical Teacher Negima! (Kaede Nagase)
Natsu no Arashi! (Sayoko Arashiyama)
Saki (Mako Someya)

[SIZE="5"]80. Ono Ryoko (小野涼子)[/SIZE]

Nope, don't really know who she is and doesn't seem to have anything beyond a handful of very minor parts.

[SIZE="5"]81. Kuwashima Houko (桑島法子)[/SIZE]

You know, I hadn't really heard her name before, but looking up her list of roles, it's pretty surprising how someone so versatile and has so many roles could've slipped under my radar. I mean, she's responsible for voicing two crazies from Gundam SEED, as well as two fairly important characters from SEED in the same series. And she has a few fairly interesting characters, especially Kaiba. Very impressive.

Major Roles
Allison & Lillia - Allison Whittington
Azumanga Daioh - Kagura
Bamboo Blade - Miyako Miyazaki
Clannad - Tomoyo Sakagami
Claymore - Clare
Denno Coil - Isako
Gundam SEED - Flay Allster, Natarle Badgiruel
Gundam SEED DESTINY - Stella Loussier
Hakuouki - Chizuru Yukimura
InuYasha - Sango
Kaiba - Kaiba
Soul Eater - Medusa

[SIZE="5"]82. Honda Yoko (本多陽子)[/SIZE]

A relatively unknown whose only real notable role is as the normal school friend in sola.
blkmage

Postby Falx » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Kuwashima and Shirashi both have nice strong voices that I like listening to.

Falx

Postby Atria35 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:04 pm

MIYO-MIYO! I loved her in that role! I think I even like it better than her role in Dennou Coil, and she was really good there!
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 pm

Kouwashima Houko - Clare from Claymore! :dance: She had a pretty nice voice - the lower, more mature kind that I like. And she was Roze in the first FMA! Huh, I didn't realize they changed her in Brotherhood. And I see she's the Vietnamese doctor in Monster - I'll have to listen for that.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby blkmage » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

[SIZE="5"]83. Shintani Ryoko (新谷良子)[/SIZE]

She's a lesser known seiyuu with a fairly hardcore gathering. Her most well known role is probably Sae from Hidamari Sketch. She's on the lower end of the voice ranges, but she's able to make her voice sound different. I probably wouldn't have guessed that Rihoko and Yuuno and Sae were all the same person. She can also not-sing pretty well too, as in Kure-nai.

Major Roles
Amagami SS - Rihoko Sakurai
Kure-nai - Yuuno Houzuki
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Nami Hitou
Hidamari Sketch - Sae
Red Garden - Rachel Benning
Galaxy Angel - Milfeulle Sakuraba

[SIZE="5"]84. Takagaki Ayahi (高垣彩陽)[/SIZE]

She's a relative newcomer whose first major role was in Gundam 00 as Feldt. She has a surprisingly versatile voice, as her performance in Durarara!! shows. Her other two big roles are as the main female lead in Phantom and as one side of the love triangle in True Tears. Again, wildly different roles.

Major Roles
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Feldt Grace
True Tears: Noe Isurugi
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom: Ein
Durarara!!: Erika Karisawa
Hanamaru Kindergarten: Hiiragi

[SIZE="5"]85. Sanada Asami (真田アサミ)[/SIZE]

Sanada Asami is pretty great. I think she's great for comedy roles like in K-ON! and Maria+Holic, or even sidelined as in Kure-nai or tones it down for Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. And I think her comedy roles are pretty good examples of her great voice acting. Which is surprising to me that she's also pretty great in a relatively more serious role like in Vita, where she spends much of her time being angry at Nanoha.

Major Roles
K-ON! (Sawako Yamanaka)
Kure-nai (Tamaki Mutou)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's (Vita)
Maria Holic (Kanako Miyamae)
Rozen Maiden (Jun Sakurada)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Matoi Tsunetsuki)
Narutaru: Mukuro Naru Hoshi Tama Taru Ko (Shiina Tamai)
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World (Mari Nishino)
Di Gi Charat (Dejiko)
blkmage

Postby Falx » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:35 am

Sanada Asami's singing voice aint too bad either. I wouldn't have guessed that she played Vita, though!

Falx

Postby blkmage » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:46 pm

This time, we've got a bunch of veterans.

[SIZE="5"]86. Tanaka Atsuko (田中敦子)[/SIZE]

Tanaka Atsuko is most famous for her role as Kusanagi Motoko in every iteration of Ghost in the Shell. Not surprisingly, her other roles tend to be pretty similar. Well, maybe not in her role as Nyan Koi!. Well, actually, even as a cat, she's still pretty similar, I guess.

Major Roles
Fate/stay night (TV) as Caster
Ghost in the Shell (movie) as Major Motoko Kusanagi
Super Robot Wars Original Generation - The Animation (OAV) as Viletta Badim
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (TV) as Harumi Kiyama
Utawarerumono (TV) as Karura
Nyan Koi! (TV) as Nyamsas

[SIZE="5"]87. Enomoto Atsuko (榎本温子)[/SIZE]

Enomoto Atsuko made her debut as Kare Kano's Yukino. She's appeared in a bunch of other stuff since then, but has seemingly fallen off the radar. I really enjoyed her in Kare Kano and thinking about it makes me wonder how she would've done in the later, more serious parts of the story if it weren't for ending abruptly.

Major Roles
Angelic Layer (Misaki Suzuhara)
Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- (Triela)
Kare Kano (Yukino Miyazawa)
Steel Angel Kurumi (Kurumi)
Clannad (Yukine Miyazawa)

[SIZE="5"]88. Shitaya Noriko (下屋則子)[/SIZE]

Noriko Shitaya seems to have much better roles in visual novels than in anime. At least recently, she hasn't had too many huge roles in anime, but her past visual novel work is pretty interesting. Sakura is relegated to a side character in both Fate/stay night anime, but she's extremely important and, personally, she gets the most interesting and important arc in the visual novel. Her other huge role is as You(long name) Tanaka in Ever 17, which is a very, very good visual novel.

Major Roles
Yubiseiharukana Tanaka in "Ever 17 ~The Out of Infinity~"
Cross Game (TV) as Momiji Tsukishima
Fate/stay night (TV) as Sakura Matou
Kurokami The Animation (TV) as Kuro
Kamichama Karin (TV) as Himeka Kujyou

[SIZE="5"]89. Kimiko Koyama (こやまきみこ)[/SIZE]

She doesn't seem to have too many huge roles, but does show up a lot in different side parts. She tends to play a lot of the younger-looking characters, complete with a voice like you'd expect.

Major Roles
Asura Cryin' (TV) as Reiko Saeki
Maburaho (TV) as Elizabeth
Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Shiroki Tsubasa Ala Alba~ (OAV) as Fuuka Narutaki
Nabari no Ou (TV) as Juuji Minami
REC (TV) as Tanaka
Rosario + Vampire (TV) as Yukari Sendou
Shugo Chara! (TV) as Pepe
Toaru Majutsu no Index (TV) as Komoe Tsukuyomi

[SIZE="5"]90. Noto Mamiko (能登麻美子)[/SIZE]

Ah, Noto Mamiko, one of the big stars of the last decade. She has a ton of roles and can usually be picked out pretty easily because of her soft, breathy voice. She's put on some fantastic performances, most notably as Fujino in Kara no Kyoukai and Sawako in Kimi ni Todoke.

Major Roles
Shadow Star Narutaru (Akira Sakura)
Elfen Lied (Yuka)
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Shimako Todo)
Monster (Nina Fortner/Anna Liebert)
School Rumble (Yakumo Tsukamoto)
Mahou Sensei Negima (Nodoka Miyazaki)
Strawberry Marshmallow (Ana Coppola)
Shakugan no Shana (Hecate)
Clannad (Kotomi Ichinose)
Moyashimon (Aoi Mutou)
Sola (Matsuri Shihou)
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (Haruka Nogizaka)
Zero no Tsukaima: Princesses no Rondo (Tiffania Westwood)
Kimi ni Todoke (Sawako Kuronuma)
Kara no Kyoukai - Tsukaku Zanryu (Fujino Asagami)
blkmage

Postby CrystalChalice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:48 pm

blkmage (post: 1452406) wrote:This time, we've got a bunch of veterans.

[SIZE="5"]90. Noto Mamiko (能]

It's Sawako-chan's seiyuu~!
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:13 pm

Noto Mamiko is awesome! She did BOTH Sawako and Nina Fortner! GO NINA! I loved her in that role.. :)
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:21 am

Tanaka Atsuko - How funny! I was just looking her up a couple weeks ago! I heard her as Lacan (one of the statue-things, I believe) in Ergo Proxy, and thought her voice sounded vaguely familiar. I recognized her from Wolf's Rain; she did Jagara. Apparently she's Margot Langer (that's the mom, right?) in Monster; I'll have to listen for that. (She's also in Trigun - who is Claire? :eyebrow: )

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby blkmage » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:26 pm

One of these things is not like the other.

[SIZE="5"]91. Iguchi Yuka (井口裕香)[/SIZE]

She's a newcomer who's been featured in a ton of stuff over the last few years. There's not a lot of variation to her voice or roles and since she's so new and the stuff she's in isn't exactly stuff I've been watching, I'm not too sure about her popularity. Obviously, she's not that huge yet, but she has enough prominent roles to become a huge player in the near future.

Major Roles
Bakemonogatari (TV) as Tsukihi Araragi
Bokurano (TV) as Mako Nakarai
Fractale (TV) as Enri
Mayoi Neko Overrun! (TV) as Chise Umenomori
Mitsudomoe (TV) as Shiori Itou
Nyan Koi! (TV) as Kaede Mizuno
Otome Yōkai Zakuro (TV) as Sakura
Sweet Blue Flowers (TV) as Misako Yasuda
Tamayura (OAV) as Norie Okazaki
Toaru Majutsu no Index (TV) as Index
True tears (TV) as Aiko Andō

[SIZE="5"]92. Sugita Tomokazu (杉田智和)[/SIZE]

This guy is pretty awesome. Some people have a different opinion of what his trademark role is, but for me, that role is Kyon. There's just no contest. His delivery of Kyon's snark is just so great that all of his other characters in that same vein (say, Kanon) just reduce to his Kyon. Of course, snark isn't all he does. He's awesome as a jerk in Arakawa Under the Bridge and his performance as Mayama in Honey and Clover is also a worthy contender for his best role. But no, really, if he didn't clinch it with Kyon in Melancholy, he definitely hit it out of the park in Disappearance, hands down, no contest.

Major Roles
Chobits (Hideki Motosuwa)
Genesis of Aquarion (Sirius De Alisia)
Shuffle! (Rin Tsuchimi)
Honey and Clover (Takumi Mayama)
Kanon (Yuichi Aizawa)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Kyon)
Gintama (Gintoki Sakata)
Macross Frontier (Leon Mishima)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (Hoshi)

[SIZE="5"]93. Hiyama Nobuyuki (檜山修之)[/SIZE]

Hot blooded mecha pilot the first. No, he doesn't really change his voice for different roles. Still, he is enjoyable and shouts a lot, whether he's a hotblooded hero or a hotblooded villain.

Major Roles
Bleach (TV) as Madarame Ikkaku
GaoGaiGar: King of Braves (TV) as Gai Shishiô
Genshiken (TV) as Harunobu Madarame
Gurren Lagann (TV) as Viral
High School of the Dead (TV) as Kōta Hirano
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team (OAV) as Shiro Amada

[SIZE="5"]94. Seki Tomokazu (関智一)[/SIZE]

Hot blooded mecha pilot the second. He has more variability than Nobuyuki Hiyama, although I sometimes get them confused, since he does his own fair share of hotblooded shouting. But, he also moves into non-hotblooded roles, as is the case for things like Cardcaptor Sakura, Fruits Basket, or my personal favourite, Nodame Cantabile.

Major Roles
Cardcaptor Sakura - Toya Kinomoto
Fruits Basket - Kyo Sohma
Fate/stay night - Gilgamesh
Genshiken - Soichiro Tanaka
Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Domon Kasshu
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - Yzak Joule
Nodame Cantabile - Shinichi Chiaki
The Vision of Escaflowne - Van Fanel
blkmage

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Come now, how can you list Nobuyuki Hiyama without listing his most famous, most prominent voice? :p

I speak of course of adult Link from Ocarina of Time, as well as Fierce Deity Link and Zora Link in Majora's Mask.

Also did Tosh in the first two Arc the Lad games and anime. And he's appeared as monsters of the week in a few Sentai/Kamen Rider episodes. But he is of course most famous as Link.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:11 am

Hiyama Noboyuki - LIIIIIIIINK!!!!!!!!!! XD :dance: (He's also Link in Twilight Princess, y'know.) That voice defines heroism for me. It doesn't matter if it's just grunts and 'HYAAAA!'s; he makes Link cool.

Seki Tomokazu - Oooooh, he's Van? :dance: I loved Van's voice! His voice was very fitting for his character, and encouraged me even more to root for him to get the girl, as opposed to big-nose poofy-shoulder Allen :shady:

But...wait. Waitwaitwait *recoils in horror* He's MooOOOoonfuace from Busou Renkin?!!!! :drool: :waah!: All my respect for him just went out the window.... DX

Though he is Karl Neumann in Monster...I'll have to wait and see what I think of that....

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:34 am

the_wolfs_howl wrote:He's also Link in Twilight Princess, y'know.

Actually no, he's not. Akira Sasanuma is the voice of Link in Twilight Princess and Smash Bros, and will also voice Link in Skyward Sword.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews