New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: New Anime Announcements

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 am

Nanoha gets a 4th season, which is something people didn't expect to hear until after the movie.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ime/.77638
I probably would've preferred Force over Vivd but honestly neither are very good. At least those HD remaster BDs are on their way as well.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Mullet Death » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 pm

Not sure if it'll be any good, but Yamada-kun and the 7 Witches is getting an OAD. http://www.yamajo-anime.com/

There's too much fan service, but the manga's great otherwise.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby MangaRocks! » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:45 pm

They just announced the number of cours for Durarara!!×2 (and when they'll air, respectively), and it's actually going to be *three* split-cours! Also: There's now a preview, as well! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MAL (Anime) - MAL (Manga) - MAL (Profile)

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:20 pm

MangaRocks! wrote:They just announced the number of cours for Durarara!!×2 (and when they'll air, respectively), and it's actually going to be *three* split-cours! Also: There's now a preview, as well! :jump:

Can't see the video due to copyright claims but YAY! ^-^
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:00 am

*rehype because I forgot about this*
Now I just have to decide if I have the willpower to hold out for the dub. Because Johnny Yong Bosch. Also, as much bashing as Papenbrook gets (and maybe deserves...*cough*Kirito/Eren*cough*), I think he pulled Masaomi off nicely. But then there's Mikado...
Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Considering it's Durarara!! and therefore will be fantastic, chances are I'll just watch the sub and rewatch the dub when it comes out.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:26 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:*rehype because I forgot about this*
Now I just have to decide if I have the willpower to hold out for the dub. Because Johnny Yong Bosch. Also, as much bashing as Papenbrook gets (and maybe deserves...*cough*Kirito/Eren*cough*), I think he pulled Masaomi off nicely. But then there's Mikado...
Meh, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Considering it's Durarara!! and therefore will be fantastic, chances are I'll just watch the sub and rewatch the dub when it comes out.

Ditto.
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby GeneD » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:31 am

Koe no Katachi/The Shape of Voice/A Silent Voice is getting an anime! There's not much information yet, but hype starts now I think.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:53 pm

YES! YES! YES! I've only read like six chapters but I already love the manga and keep thinking it should so be an anime and YEAH!

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby ForeverInspired » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm always looking for a good romance - this is welcome news. ;)
ForeverInspired

Postby FourFourSeven » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:02 pm

PLCDreamcatcher14 wrote:YES! YES! YES! I've only read like six chapters but I already love the manga and keep thinking it should so be an anime and YEAH!

Heck, I saw that coming several dozen miles away. After reading a sample from Crunchyroll, the first thought coming to mind was, "Yeah, this thing's definitely getting animated."
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby GeneD » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:24 am

ForeverInspired wrote:I'm always looking for a good romance - this is welcome news. ;)

While it has some elements of that, it's much more a drama than a romance (barring anything that happens in the last chapter, which I haven't read yet). I guarantee it'll still be worth your time though. :)
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby ForeverInspired » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:01 am

GeneD wrote:
ForeverInspired wrote:I'm always looking for a good romance - this is welcome news. ;)

While it has some elements of that, it's much more a drama than a romance (barring anything that happens in the last chapter, which I haven't read yet). I guarantee it'll still be worth your time though. :)

If it has drama, that's even better! Not only do I love drama, but it is also supposedly my favorite category... and I'm fine with that...http://mal.oko.im/ForeverInspired/profile. :)
ForeverInspired

Postby GeneD » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:34 am

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:21 am

^ Yay! This should be good. :D

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:32 am

Saved by grace.

(^ And if you also have a MAL account, please feel free to send me a friend request there! :) )
MangaRocks!

Postby GeneD » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:03 am

MangaRocks! wrote:Mushishi's not over yet! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Flails in excitement!

Haikyuu season 2 announced
Runs around the house screaming!

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby KazeShiki » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:54 am

new Key/Jun Maeda anime!!!!! hyyyyyyype!!!!

announced like 10min ago since I'm watching the live stream so here's the best source at the moment https://twitter.com/animeseiyu/status/5 ... 2992041984

official website is working now
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Nocturnalux » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 pm

New Gintama anime. Best news I've had in a long, long time. I hope there is more Kamui because...Kamui.

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/gintama/index2.html
Nocturnalux

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:22 pm

I personally don't care for Kamui, but I can't wait for more Gintama! o: Woot woot!

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:20 am

*gasp* More Haikyuu!! I really need to finish the first season...
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby EventualDay » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 pm

This new Charlotte anime by Key, does it actually have a tie-in/crossover with Angel Beats? Or is it just that Jun Maeda has a hand in both?
EventualDay

Postby Fantasia » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm

ARIA is getting a new anime!

Details are scarce at the moment, but more ARIA is almost guaranteed to be a good thing.
Fantasia

Postby MangaRocks! » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:21 am

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is getting an anime!! :jump:

This is one of my favorite manga, so this had darn well better be a good, proper, faithful adaptation, or I'm going to revolt. *shakes finger* ...That said, I'm going to hope for the best here for now. *adds to plan-to-watch list* :thumb:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby WorldsTraveler » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:35 pm

*cheers* Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is my favorite manga! I discovered it a few years ago when I saw the artwork in your sig. ^_^

I’m soooo nervous… Studio Bones is really hit-and-miss for me. But I’m really excited too. I’ve been hoping for an anime. So I’ll join you in the optimistic waiting boat.
WorldsTraveler

Postby ForeverInspired » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:41 am

WorldsTraveler wrote:*cheers* Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is my favorite manga! I discovered it a few years ago when I saw the artwork in your sig. ^_^

I’m soooo nervous… Studio Bones is really hit-and-miss for me. But I’m really excited too. I’ve been hoping for an anime. So I’ll join you in the optimistic waiting boat.

I think that Bones will do the show justice. I find that Bones has a harder time with original content (ex: Captain Earth and Space Dandy). There are a few exceptions (ex: Star Driver), but it really shows in their history that Bones doesn't do as well with original content. I mean, this company has produced the awesome Noragami, Blast of Tempest, Scrapped Princess, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ouran High School Host Club, Jyu-Oh-Sei, and Darker than Black. Granted, these had excellent source material, but from what I am hearing, Akagami no Shirayukihime has it as well. I've been ranting on how Bones has been slacking while Studio Pierrot has been excelling, but this might just be the spark they need after Noragami. Further, Bones is by far one of the best animators along with Production I.G., so all they have to do is live up to the potential of the source material (which they are good at doing). To be honest, I am pretty optimistic at this match.
ForeverInspired

Postby WorldsTraveler » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:10 pm

The first PV for Akagami was released today. Be still my beating heart; it looks beautiful. ;_; <3
WorldsTraveler

Postby Lilac#18 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:23 pm

I don't know if anybody heard of this news, but I'll put it here anyway.

FUNIMATION ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES DISTRIBUTION OF DRAGON BALL Z: RESURRECTION ‘F’
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby GeneD » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:49 am

Swimming Anime the Movie Free! prequel based on the High Speed novel, releasing December 2015.

As long as no one is taking anyone else on a self-discovery trip to Australia I'll be happy.

Cycling Anime the Movie Yowamushi Pedal movie with an original story by the manga author, releasing this summer.

MAL
Twitter
GeneD

Postby MangaRocks! » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Another Steins;Gate sequel (which actually seems to be a *midquel*, given its apparent timeframe)-- Steins;Gate 0-- anime (and game) announced!

Mentally/logically, I'm not necessarily sure if want, since the original series + "Oukoubakko no Poriomania" OVA + "Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu" movie were already perfection, and tied things up beautifully; however-- given its apparent timeframe, as aforementioned (namely, SPOILER: Highlight text to read: the bad-end Beta worldline, which, I'm not gonna lie, I've always been a bit curious about)-- there is certainly plenty of room to expand the story in that area (and hey, even those random little IBM commercial specials were good, LOL!), so my heart is not-so-secretly fangirling. Here's hoping ...0 is great! :jump:
Saved by grace.

MangaRocks!

Postby KazeShiki » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:51 am

I am very wary of this new Steins Gate anime. I mean, I loved the series, but to me this is a classic case of trying to milk a series that ended pretty darn perfectly. It'd be different if they did something with some of the uncovered material from the original VN, I suppose.

In related news, Chaos Child is getting an anime too. Given that only S;G has had a successful adaptation so far of 5pb's sci-fi games, I don't have my hopes up for this one either. But of course to be fair, that's what I said about S;G after the Chaos Head catastrophe.
KazeShiki

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews