New Anime Announcements

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby Neane » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

Here is the PV for the Shinsekai Yori. TV Anime Series.

It will air in October. The Novel it is being adapted from won the Nihon SF Taisho Award in 2008 along with Denno Coil. (The manga verison of this novel runs in the same magazine that Shingeki no Kyojin is in.) This is the show I am looking forward too in the Fall.
Neane

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Maokun (post: 1575030) wrote:So, the great Homestuck is getting an anime adptation!! It looks really faithful to the original =D

It looks better than the original. The original is gross.
ABlipinTime

Postby Neane » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Neane

Postby Zeldafan2 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm

And so, the saga of Dragon Ball continues.
Zeldafan2

Postby Maokun » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 pm

ABlipinTime (post: 1575821) wrote:It looks better than the original. The original is gross.

Like most of the fine arts' modern masterpieces, appreciating Homestuck requires an educated eye, an illustrated mind and an exquisite sensibility that goes beyond that of the layman.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
-Edward Elric[/SIZE][/font]
Maokun

Postby ABlipinTime » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 am

^ ... That's like comparing it to drinking alcohol. It's an "acquired taste". Bah. Course, it sounds like your throwing sarcastic humor in that post via sophisticated terminology.
ABlipinTime

Postby Neane » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:07 am

Neane

Postby Lilac#18 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 pm

battletech (post: 1574867) wrote:New Sailor Moon anime in 2013. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/06/sailor-moon-anime-announced-for-summer-2013

[color="Plum"]I wonder how I missed this? I found out last night on a SM forum. I'm so happy about this news.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Neane » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:12 am

Neane

Postby Neane » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 am

Official Website for Upcoming Noitamina Anime 'Robotics;Notes' Launched

Also, the staff:

Staff:
Director: Nomura Kazuya ("Sengoku Basara Two")
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Anime Character Design: Kubota Chikashi
Key Animator: Takahashi Hideki ("Shin Angyo Onshi")
Mecha Design: Ebisu Takuma ("Guilty Crown")
Production Studio: Production I.G

Cast:
Kaito: Kimura Ryohei
Akiho: Nanjo Yoshino
Airi: Kugimiya Rie
Frau: Nazuka Kaori
Subaru: Hosoya Yoshimasa
Jun-na: Tokui Sora
Mizuka: Honda Takako
Mitsuhiko: Ueda Yoji
Nae: Yamamoto Ayano
Misaki: Inoue Kikuko
Toshiyuki: Miki Shinichiro
Koh: Morikawa Toshiyuki
Neane

Postby AnimeGirl » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Neane (post: 1578157) wrote:[url=http://roboticsnotes.tv/]Official Website for Upcoming Noitamina Anime 'Robotics]

Also, the staff:

Staff:
Director: Nomura Kazuya ("Sengoku Basara Two")
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Anime Character Design: Kubota Chikashi
Key Animator: Takahashi Hideki ("Shin Angyo Onshi")
Mecha Design: Ebisu Takuma ("Guilty Crown")
Production Studio: Production I.G

Cast:
Kaito: Kimura Ryohei
Akiho: Nanjo Yoshino
Airi: Kugimiya Rie
Frau: Nazuka Kaori
Subaru: Hosoya Yoshimasa
Jun-na: Tokui Sora
Mizuka: Honda Takako
Mitsuhiko: Ueda Yoji
Nae: Yamamoto Ayano
Misaki: Inoue Kikuko
Toshiyuki: Miki Shinichiro
Koh: Morikawa Toshiyuki

Robotics;Notes....

I think this was a VN made by the same people who did STEINS;GATE! Hmmm, due to that fact alone, I will definitely be looking into this. Plus....PRODUCTION I.G.!!!
"For what use is there in praying if you will only hear what you want to hear." - As I Lay Dying *The Sound Of Truth*

Let's make an AMV together!

Kokoro no Uta The thoughts of an aspiring mangaka (yeah...this is my blog >.>)

Ooh look! I have fanfiction! YAY!!!!!!!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~sevencandlesticks
If you like Tsubasa and Cardcaptors, then you might like what I've written (if I didn't slaughter the series... XD)

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds - Pslam 147:3
AnimeGirl

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:53 am

New Studio Ghibli film announced. ANN link for those who won't trust a gaming site.

A movie about the A6M Zero? As a Second World War/Aviation enthusiast, I will definitely be watching this. I've been waiting for a good true fighter-plane anime for a looooong time.

[SIZE="4"][font="Impact"]Correction:[/font][/SIZE] Apparently it won't be about the plane itself, rather the person who designed it. Nevertheless interesting in my opinion.
Crossfire

Postby Maokun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:32 pm

well, you can certainly expect the planes to be portrayed lengthily. After all, they are a passion of Miyazaki himself and that article says that he's calling forth all the best plane-animators to aid him.

[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][color="YellowGreen"]There is no point to lessons that don't bring with them pain. People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something, after all.
But once you have successfully endured that pain you will gain a heart that's stout enough not be overcome by anything. Yeah, a heart made fullmetal. [/color]
Maokun

Postby Neane » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

Light Novel 'Mondaiji tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru sodesuyo?' To Be Animated

story wrote:Sakamaki Izayoi is a 17 year old boy, who are bored with the live in the ordinary world because he has a tremendous supernatural power. One day, he is invited to an external world called "Miniature Garden" by a girl Black Rabbit. She summons two more girls, who also have almighty psychic powers. She says the Deamon King deprived her community of the territory and asks the three 'mondaiji (problem children)' to help to rebuild the community. Izayoi makes an unexpected reply "Let's defeat the Deamon King!" Now the three montaiji participate in the battles called "Gift Game" and fights against devils, gods and monsters in the fantasy world.
Neane

Postby Neane » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 pm

New MADHOUSE anime announced.

Plot:

The story follows a "time researcher" and a group of children in a depopulated world that finds itself stuck in time. In order to save humanity, some of the characters are chosen to travel to the future (depicted in the anime), and others to the past (depicted in the manga), while those who are deemed unsuitable for the technology stay in the present (depicted in the novel.)
Neane

Postby Neane » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:02 am

Neane

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Neane (post: 1579136) wrote:New Macross Movie 'Macross FB7' Announced
Take my money, Satelite.

Take all of my money, Macross.

My problem's not that I love you. My problem's that I love you too much.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby metolosophy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:04 am

Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.
Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

metolosophy

Postby Neane » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:02 am

Neane

Postby Maokun » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 am

Apparently they are not happy with the damage already dealt to the retinae of thousands of people?

Maokun

Postby Maokun » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 am

First trailer for non-KyoAni-mated Little Busters is here!

Trailer for Ghibli's live-action oldschool-FX short movie made for Hideaki Anno's exposition here!

Also, check here some pages of Hayao Miyazaki's manga about his upcoming movie. (Yes, the main character is a pig-man!)

Maokun

Postby blkmage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:15 pm

Not really a fan of that particular mix of the Little Busters OP yet. There are some fairly interesting revelations with that trailer though. They've changed Riki's seiyuu to Horie Yui, which is an interesting choice and hopefully works out better than it did in the visual novel. The other interesting thing is that they've implicitly indicated that they'll be covering all the routes in the original, which should pose some challenges and I'm interested in seeing how they'll be handling that. Also, didn't see any LB EX characters.
blkmage

Postby Crossfire » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:45 pm

Maokun (post: 1579714) wrote:Also, check here some pages of Hayao Miyazaki's manga about his upcoming movie. (Yes, the main character is a pig-man!)

NOOOOOOOOO!

I seem to be the only person who dislikes that notion... all I asked for was a decent true-to-reality aviation film, without the need for (in my opinion) stupid half-man-half-animal hybrids. Yes, I know that fact alone shouldn't prevent me from enjoying it, after all it could be a masterpiece. I still don't like the idea, especially if this is supposed to be based on a real person in a real setting. :bang:
Crossfire

Postby AngelicTotoro » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:11 pm

The main character is a pig, again? Does this mean this is the sequel to Porco Rosso that was rumored?
(Why else would the poor guy be a piggie again?)
Does it at least take place in the same universe?
(These are rhetorical questions.)
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23
AngelicTotoro

Postby Neane » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am

Neane

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 am

So Shaft is doing a new project called Prism Nana. I am really hoping it's a super uplifiting/optimistic show because that would be awesome.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Atria35 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am

Crossfire (post: 1579750) wrote:NOOOOOOOOO!

I seem to be the only person who dislikes that notion... all I asked for was a decent true-to-reality aviation film, without the need for (in my opinion) stupid half-man-half-animal hybrids. Yes, I know that fact alone shouldn't prevent me from enjoying it, after all it could be a masterpiece. I still don't like the idea, especially if this is supposed to be based on a real person in a real setting. :bang:

No, no, I thoroughly am not a fan of a sequel as well. I thought the ambiguous ending was just fine.
Atria35

Postby Crossfire » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but... fourth row, third from the left.

Can it be...

EDIT: Above link is apparently a fake. Can't believe I fell for that. : /
Crossfire

Postby Neane » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:27 pm

Neane

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews