One Piece FUNimation DVDs

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

One Piece FUNimation DVDs

Postby AsianBlossom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:46 am

So yeah, I had a question about the next DVD set, but since making a thread for a single question seemed kind of like a waste of bandwith, I decided to just ask my question in a thread for discussion of the FUNimation DVDs.

Okay, so my question is actually about Season One Second Voyage. I know it's not officially out on DVD yet, but I was wondering if there was anyone out there who might've pre-ordered it from RightStuf and gotten it early. There's one guy on YouTube like that (he even posted previews), and I kind of messed up my question for him, and it doesn't seem like he'll be answering any more of my questions, and FUNimation probably won't PM me back because they're too busy.

So...if you have the DVDs already and have watched all the episodes, I was wondering about how they translated something: about that one word Sanji favors in the Japanese version, did they translate it as the 's' word in the English dub? If anyone can answer my question, I'd be most appreciative. I'm hoping it's been translated as "crap" or something less serious. I mean, I know that in Japan, the 's' word isn't considered as serious as it is over here (in America), but still...

(I asked the question at first as an "or" question, so it could've gone either way, and that's why the response wasn't clear, because the guy just said "yes, and...")

Again, if you can help me, thank you, I'm very appreciative.
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews