Review Requests

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Re: Review Requests

Postby TheBlueRose22 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 am

I really would like to see a review for "Dance In The Vampire Bund," if only to see how objectionable it is in terms of theological content.
TheBlueRose22

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:00 am

That would require someone to actually watch it unfortunately. The loli content is probably enough to make most of the site not interested in it right off the bat.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby uc pseudonym » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 am

I can't write a review, but I'd be willing to answer your questions based off the manga (it seems to be a fairly straightforward adaptation).

DitVB has next to no theological content; a few churchs/nuns exist but they don't play any substantial role. The traditional vampire weaknesses to holy objects don't exist. There isn't much sexual content but a fair bit of gratuitous nudity, which along with the loli content is clearly playing to a specific audience. But for the record SPOILER: Highlight text to read: she isn't underage, just hiding her real form for plot reasons.

All of that aside, I don't recommend it because it simply isn't very good. None of the more interesting aspects of the world go anywhere and the MacGuffins don't really pan out. This is even more pronounced in the anime, which cuts or doesn't get to most of the elements that seemed promising. The series is counting on its target audience being easily manipulated and I don't think it's worth your time.
uc pseudonym

Postby KnightOfFive » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 pm

I know the task would be somewhat monumental given the length, but I would like to put in a request that someone review Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It could truly be interesting to see a thorough analysis from someone whose seen the whole thing. I've only seen one of the the prequel movies and the first three episodes so far but it seems interesting enough to warrant a better review tha I am thus far equipped to give.
KnightOfFive

Postby ForeverInspired » Tue May 21, 2013 6:23 am

I would like to see Tales of the Abyss, Skip Beat, Amnesia, and My Little Monster.
ForeverInspired

Postby skreyola » Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm

ForeverInspired wrote:Skip Beat, Amnesia,

I would also like very much to see reviews of these two.
"Click click click. Still defective."
MAL: Manga List
Anime List
skreyola

Postby GeneD » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:11 am

Submitted my content review for Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.
GeneD

Postby skreyola » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 pm

GeneD wrote:Submitted my content review for Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

Thank you. That helped me decide about watching this show.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby Candle7 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Could someone please give me the language content in Baccano? I was considering watching it, but there isn't an age rating (or any I can find) and the CAA review only covers violence and theology.
"Lay off, I'm as normal as they come and this is a contest of freaks. What do you want me to do, fire my slingshot at him?" -Maes Hughes
"I already told you, A FIST IN HIS FACE!!" -Edward Elric
"Don't call me small! I'll break off your feet and stick em on your head!" -Edward Elric and me (though I'm not going to do anything violent)
Candle7

Postby GeneD » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:56 am

skreyola wrote:Thank you. That helped me decide about watching this show.
Pleasure.

Submitted a content review for From the New World, which was harder that I had anticipated because of the dark nature of the show and trying to avoid spoilers.
GeneD

Postby GeneD » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:23 am

GeneD

Postby skreyola » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Candle7 wrote:Could someone please give me the language content in Baccano? I was considering watching it, but there isn't an age rating (or any I can find) and the CAA review only covers violence and theology.

According to Hulu, its rating is TV-MA, but I don't know if that's for language, violence, or sexual content (haven't seen it, myself).
Anime List
skreyola

Postby GeneD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:35 am

Candle7 wrote:Could someone please give me the language content in Baccano? I was considering watching it, but there isn't an age rating (or any I can find) and the CAA review only covers violence and theology.

Sorry for missing your post before. I re-watched the Baccano dub at the start of May (excluding the DVD only specials) so my memory's not 100% accurate but I definitely know there's one decisive F-strike, possibly one or two more, and a good number of d*** and h***. Can't remember about s*** or any others. I am pretty sure though that any "contribution" to the age rating that foul language makes is overshadowed greatly by the violence content. As far as I remember there isn't much difference between the dub and sub.
GeneD

Postby TheBlueRose22 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:31 pm

I know "When They Cry" has its own review page, and the theological content is a 3 out of 10. Can anyone elaborate on the theological content?
TheBlueRose22

Postby Atria35 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:18 pm

TheBlueRose22 wrote:I know "When They Cry" has its own review page, and the theological content is a 3 out of 10. Can anyone elaborate on the theological content?

Oooof. Hard to go into elaboration since its kind of all a spoiler!!! :sweat:

SPOILER: Highlight text to read: There is time travel to try and change the events that are happening. And there is a spirit that has a... Semi starring role. She was sacrificed a long time ago to the local god and has the power to help the main character go back in time to try and save the village.

There is the normal Shintoism, and it does feature prominently since the whole premise is that the murders always start on the night of the festival to celebrate the local god. The locals take it as a sign that the god isn't pleased with those who end up dead or disappear.

Oh, and the local god used to be worshiped with human sacrifice. Modern day has it entirely symbolic, much like how communion doesn't actually involve cutting up a person and drinking their blood and eating their flesh.

Umm.... Oh, and the local god doesn't actually exist and there is a rational scientific explanation for everything that happens. So in case you are worried about that, yeah.
Atria35

Postby NovaCammy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 am

Can i request review of Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia).
NovaCammy

Postby GeneD » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 am

Content reviews up for:

Hataraku Maou-sama! aka The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Star Driver
The Garden of Words

Incomplete or number ratings only (because I saw them too long ago to remember reliably and Crunchyroll's player is too laggy for me to try to skip through the series as a refresher):

Moyasimon
My Little Monster
Sword Art Online
GeneD

Postby scribbledreamer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Could anyone elaborate on the spiritual content in Kanon and Air? I've tried to find out more online, but seem to get different extremes. (I'm okay with spoilers...)
scribbledreamer

Postby goldenspines » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:32 am

@ Scribbledreamer: I copy/pasted a review on Air from our old reviews system into the new one. You can view it here: http://www.christiananime.net/reviews/c ... view&id=21 It only has that one review for now, though, but that gives you a general idea of the spiritual content (which Air relies heavily on, mainly reincarnation).
Unfortunately, we don't have one up for Kanon yet (nor do we have the title Kanon in our reviews system yet, which I will fix shortly after this PM). I haven't watched it, but I'll see if I can find the time to do so and give a review on the spiritual content, unless someone who has seen it beats me to it first.

---------------------IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for everyone submitting titles to the Reviews System!------------------------

First off, THANK YOU! I warms my heart every time someone adds more valuable content to the Reviews System. But for the time being, there is a slight error in submitting titles that prevents the html tags ([b*] bold [/b] [i*] italic [/i], etc.) I discovered this recently and have been removing the tags for the time being (since they show up just as text and not as formatting).
We will try to get this fixed as soon as possible and I will report here when it is fixed. But for now, please avoid using the tags in your submissions and if you did and I missed editing it out before approval, PLEASE let me know!

Thank you again everyone!
goldenspines

Postby scribbledreamer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 pm

^Great, thank you! :)
scribbledreamer

Postby GeneD » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:40 am

goldenspines wrote:
---------------------IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for everyone submitting titles to the Reviews System!------------------------

But for the time being, there is a slight error in submitting titles that prevents the html tags ([b*] bold [/b] [i*] italic [/i], etc.) I discovered this recently and have been removing the tags for the time being (since they show up just as text and not as formatting).
We will try to get this fixed as soon as possible and I will report here when it is fixed. But for now, please avoid using the tags in your submissions and if you did and I missed editing it out before approval, PLEASE let me know!

Goldy, does this go for the spoiler tags in the reviews too?
GeneD

Postby goldenspines » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:16 pm

GeneD wrote:
goldenspines wrote:

But for the time being, there is a slight error in submitting titles that prevents the html tags ([b*] bold [/b] [i*] italic [/i], etc.) I discovered this recently and have been removing the tags for the time being (since they show up just as text and not as formatting).

Goldy, does this go for the spoiler tags in the reviews too?

I believe it's only in title submission that the html tags do not work. In the actual written reviews, the tags, including spoiler tags, should still be working fine. I'll double check it, though and edit this post if I find out they do not work. But for the time being, they should be working fine in the reviews, just not in title submissions.
goldenspines

Postby LastLfan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:28 pm

I could write a review of dog and scissors if you want, i don't know of any else who has seen it. I can do no.6 as well
LastLfan

Postby skreyola » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:44 pm

LastLfan wrote:I could write a review of dog and scissors if you want, i don't know of any else who has seen it. I can do no.6 as well

I am mildly curious about both of those titles, so I'd like to see that if you post it.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby LastLfan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:06 pm

skreyola wrote:
LastLfan wrote:I could write a review of dog and scissors if you want, i don't know of any else who has seen it. I can do no.6 as well

I am mildly curious about both of those titles, so I'd like to see that if you post it.

Turns out no.6 already has a review up so that one you can check now, with dog and scissors, be prepared for fanservice, no "nudity" but quite a bit of innuendo and underwear. A main character's breast size is a main point for jokes as is most of the innuendo. If you can overlook the innuendo its a pretty funny show and pretty much bloodless, hulu days tv-MA and i'm assuming that's the fanservice but when there is a seen that is meant to be sexual its usually cut short. I would watch one episode and go from there as each episode is about the same as far as content. There is a shooting in ep 1 though but that'a about the only blood shown even then not much
LastLfan

Postby GeneD » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 am

goldenspines wrote:I believe it's only in title submission that the html tags do not work. In the actual written reviews, the tags, including spoiler tags, should still be working fine. I'll double check it, though and edit this post if I find out they do not work. But for the time being, they should be working fine in the reviews, just not in title submissions.

Yeah it seems in-review tags work fine, thanks. ^__^

I put content reviews up for:
Valvrave the Liberator
Red Data Girl
Karneval
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
GeneD

Postby skreyola » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:49 pm

LastLfan, thank you. I had already heard some (different) discouraging things about DnS, but that sounds like something I can live without seeing.
Last edited by skreyola on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anime List
skreyola

Postby LastLfan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 pm

No.6 despite its bishonuen, is definitely worth the watch though, its one of my all time favorites now, the last ep particularly was beautiful. I assume your meant dog Nd scissor but wanted to throw out there that no.6 is nothing like that and the only reason i had them listed together was that they are the two newest shows ive watched
LastLfan

Postby GeneD » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:08 am

GeneD

Postby starseven » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 am

I haven't seen anyone review Ergo Proxy in the reviews section. This is an excellent series would like to see someone do a review.
starseven

Previous Next

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews